More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 10:47:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Moving character file to different login? (Same 'puter)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Moving character file to different login? (Same 'puter)  (Read 6960 times)
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
Moving character file to different login? (Same 'puter)
« on: 2006 January 04, 20:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Help? I don't usually muck around with character files...I''ve been Simming for a long time but I have no practice with the backend stuff.

So here's what I'm trying to do...I suspect it's pretty simple. I installed Sims 2 on my main login, and then read that I could cut down on load times if I made a special, superstrpped-down seperate account. When I made a Sims 2 account, I left the old neighborhood alone and started over.

But I want this one Sim moved over from my old neighborhood to my new account, where Pleasantview is very different, because she was so freaking cool. She was born to my first CAS family. Can I clone her, or move her with her memories intact? How do I do this?

I searched and couldn't find the answer, so if someone knows of a thread that would be great too. Thanks!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Moving character file to different login? (Same 'puter)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 04, 20:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can clone her with SimPE but you DON'T want to do something with her memories intact....unless you want that big fiery ball from space.
qvcatullus
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 04, 20:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed -- if the character has memories that involve other people (like Had First Kiss With or Taught ___ to Study), and those characters aren't available, it mucks things up. It's my understanding that doing so will get the game to generate phantoms of those sims to make the memories valid, which will clog the game up with unused and confused character files, which is part of what you're avoiding by stripping things down in the first place. It's the same reason why you don't package and install lots with families in them who have met other characters.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 05, 01:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What you can do, if you wish, is to clone her and her immediate family, then create them in CAS and load them into the Family bin.  Exit and load up SimPE.  Now, you can edit their personalities so they match, interests so they match, and you should find the basic memories of the family are there.  If they aren't, they will be once you move them into a house.  You can also edit voices, if you've remembered to make a note of the original voice.

If you want, once your family has loaded, you can add those early childhood memories that won't be there, like Taught X to talk, X Grew up well, just be careful while doing it.

Zephyr Zodiac
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 05, 19:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! Thanks everyone. It's going okay...I got her cloned and packaged, but I ma not sure how to get her into CAS. I will be working on this today.

Thanks again!

Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 05, 19:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you originally build her in CAS or in Body Shop?  I make all my Sims in Body shop because it gives me more options with their facial structure.  Anyway, Body Shop saves the files of your completed sims in its files as well.  If you create the Sim in Body Shop, you can just copy the "Saved Sims" folder and take it over to your new XP Login.  Then she'll show up when you open CAS.  Yes, you'll have to recreate her personality and aspiration, but that's easy.  Smiley
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 05, 19:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, she was born in-game, but when I cloned her the tutorial I used said to to it in BS. Thank you, I will do that with the "saved sims folder," rather than using the automatic install package thingie, which did not make her show up in CAS.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 05, 23:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the first time I put a saved sim clone into my game, I had to put it in Downloads first for it to show in CAS - after that I could move it to Saved sims with no problems.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: