More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 20:10:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Loading screen and neighbourhood music
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Loading screen and neighbourhood music  (Read 4876 times)
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Loading screen and neighbourhood music
« on: 2008 March 08, 15:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Freetime loading screen and neighbourhood music irritates the crap out of me. Is there any way to set the EP music that plays while in those modes? (say for example I only want the base game and seasons music). Or is this impossible alltogether and will I have to grin and bear it?

Cheers in advance.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Loading screen and neighbourhood music
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 08, 15:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Carrigon has FreeTime Silent Startup at Sims2Workshop.

As for neighbourhood music, you can toggle off the ones you don't want in Audio Options.

Personally, I hate every single tune included in the game except Classical channel, so I use blank MP3s (also from Carrigon).

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 09, 11:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got my own classical tracks in everywhere - dancing to Tallis or Palestrina looks weird though and music files takes up too much disk space.  I should probably go for the silent files and turn the stereo on.  Thanks for the link.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 09, 11:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure you can copy the splash.package from Seasons to FreeTime folder.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 09, 12:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got my own classical tracks in everywhere - dancing to Tallis or Palestrina looks weird though and music files takes up too much disk space.

I've done the same thing, filling every station with my own classical tracks. I'll try using FreeTime's new custom station.

Another reason I use blank MP3s is that I want to build in silence without turning music off altogether. I want stereo only in Live Mode, not in Buy/Build Mode. But for some unknown reason, even when I turn off all tracks in build/buy/neighborhood, the game insists on playing something from random radio station. Turning off music every time I enter Build Mode is unrealistic option. With one blank MP3 file constantly playing in build/buy/neighborhood, the game would not insist on playing other stations anymore.

FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 09, 15:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are good ideas.  Because I had been solving this by turning the sound off.  That way I could play the game and listen to my music or on line radio.  I don't like much of the in game music either.  At one time I was putting in my custom music into the game, before it was erased by one of my reinstalls.

May all your fears & worries come true.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 10, 08:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.........I want stereo only in Live Mode, not in Buy/Build Mode. But for some unknown reason, even when I turn off all tracks in build/buy/neighborhood, the game insists on playing something from random radio station. ......

Now I really like classical music on while I build or buy and at the 'hood screen if I'm moving sims or lots around.  It's the stereo in game that I might nuke..

My game also insists on playing some random Eaxian track occasionally despite the fact they are all disabled.  It's been that way forever.  I guess it's not sure what to play at some point and defaults somewhere it shouldn't. 

I don't have Freetime yet.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 12, 09:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*grumble* I hate "register to download".
I'll have to consider what I hate more, the loading music or handing over info to big brother.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 12, 11:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure you can copy the splash.package from Seasons to FreeTime folder.

That is EXACTLY what I want to do - replace annoying FT with Seasons.
* Surelyfunke mashes BAAAAAAAAAAA

BigFatLady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 12, 11:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Triple sSs at insim put up instructions on changing the music http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=35328

don't think it changes the screen, but at least you can pick which EP music you want
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 12, 17:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got my own classical tracks in everywhere - dancing to Tallis or Palestrina looks weird though...

Oh, I almost have to try this.   Grin

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: