More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 03:47:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  School data resets for kids and teens
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: School data resets for kids and teens  (Read 5514 times)
Drahkk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
School data resets for kids and teens
« on: 2006 August 16, 10:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've run across a bug I can't fix or find the source of.  Everything works fine while I am playing.  However, when I save and quit and then resume the next day, I find that one or more of my school age sims have had their data reset.  By this I mean that they have a grade of C and are in public school, even when all their siblings are in private school and still have an A+.  They still have memories of getting into private school, but the flags have been reset.  It seems to happen whenever a school age sim interacts with someone else while they are not controllable.  Example: A child in family A brings home a friend from school, and it happens to be a child from family B.  The next time I play family B, I find that the child who visited the neighbors has had her data reset.  It also happens to EVERY school age sim in the family if I move them to another house.

Here are the hacks and mods I currently use:

macrotastics.package
sleepclock.package
skillinator.package
bathroomusesyou.package
autoyak.package
autosoc.package
InTeenimater_A.package
InTeenimater_B.package
InTeenimater_C.package
InTeenimater_D.package
InTeenimater_E.package
InTeenimater_F.package
InTeenimater_FlavorPak_BackToSchool.package
InTeenimater_FlavorPak_CollegeAdmissions.package
InTeenimater_FlavorPak_NoFailBirthControl.package
InTeenimater_HotFix_PlatinumSimsMoodDecay.package
InTeenimater_HotFix_SittingAttraction.package
zHaveSex.package
abortbedmaking.package
Always Flush Toilets - Wash Hands.package
antibabylecture.package
bandatronmovefix.package
callover.package
captainhero.package
dontwalkawaywhilecooking.package
FeedBaby.package
Food Already Available Fix.package
frontdoorhack.package
homeworksometimesfasterfun_v2.package
ltwvariety.package
marriage-postmortum.package
marriage-traditional.package
MQ_Do_Homework_Mod.package
NL - Low Food Warning - Ignore Mini.package
noagediscrimination.package
noaplusspam.package
nocheeringhack.package
nodroptiredbaby.package
noeatcrap.package
nogizmowants.package
nomoveamnesia.package
nopuddlerage.package
noretiredjobspam.package
noroadpillows.package
noshockforoutgoing.package
novelprogress.package
nowhatsthis.package
Numenor_SlotEnablePackage_Counters.package
Numenor_Turn-Off-TV_Fix.package
OFB_AdoptTeen.package
peestandinghack.package
play_athletic.package
runtoclass.package
ShareBed.package
sitter ofb.package
Sleep Nude.package
smart-lights-nl.package
Smonaff_ChangeClothesPieMenu.package
sshack.package
stereohack.package
turnoffcomputerswhendone.package
Visitor Snacking Fix.package

I have all of the official expansion packs and am running OFBp2.  I do not own FFS.  I know the smart lights and low food warning mods still say NL, but those versions seem to work in OFB.  All the mods are as up to date as possible. 

This is really annoying, especially when I have a teenager just about to go to college and *ping!* all of a sudden he loses his scholarship because he went out on a date and now his grades suck.  I know I could get Merola's multipainting or the InSiminator and just reset the flags, but I am trying to find the source of the problem.  Does anyone have an idea what it could be?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: School data resets for kids and teens
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 16, 10:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea. But this is clearly the work of the non-awesome. Remove all of the non-awesome hacks, and make sure all the awesome ones are of the current, correct versions, then try again.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 16, 10:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have had the same problem, ALL my kids were reset to C's and public schools. In my case it seems it happened after I had rearranged the houses in my nieghbourhood with that pick-up-lots tool.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 17, 18:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Run the hack dection utility that might show you something.

http://www.simwardrobe.com/

Or I could be totally wrong...
redmachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 18, 08:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've run across a bug I can't fix or find the source of.  Everything works fine while I am playing.  However, when I save and quit and then resume the next day, I find that one or more of my school age sims have had their data reset.  By this I mean that they have a grade of C and are in public school, even when all their siblings are in private school and still have an A+.  They still have memories of getting into private school, but the flags have been reset.  It seems to happen whenever a school age sim interacts with someone else while they are not controllable.  Example: A child in family A brings home a friend from school, and it happens to be a child from family B.  The next time I play family B, I find that the child who visited the neighbors has had her data reset.  It also happens to EVERY school age sim in the family if I move them to another house.

Are you using a no-CD crack?

Because I was and I had the exact same problem, as well as a broken grade meter for all my YA's. I fixed it by getting rid of my no-CD crack and Daemon Tools, which I was using to mount an mini-image. Now I'm using Game Jackel (free version) and not having the same problems (though, it's only been a week).
Drahkk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 18, 12:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moonluck: I tried the HDU before I posted here.  I knocked out a couple of things, but the problem persists, and the only possible conflicts still showing are between Inteen and some of its flavor packs and hotfixes (because they override original Inteen code).

Are you using a no-CD crack?

Because I was and I had the exact same problem, as well as a broken grade meter for all my YA's. I fixed it by getting rid of my no-CD crack and Daemon Tools, which I was using to mount an mini-image. Now I'm using Game Jackel (free version) and not having the same problems (though, it's only been a week).

I'll try that.  I have the broken grade meter as well.  When I bought OFB it installed perfectly up to 100%, but the very last file (the update file) was corrupted, which of course meant that the entire installation was rolled back.  That pissed me off, so I went and downloaded a pirated copy, which I then installed using the key from my legally purchased CD so I could use it to play.  It worked, but then I decided that since something was obviously already wrong with the CD, I should probably preserve it as much as possible, so I went and got the crack.  Since it worked fine playing off of the CD, I'll just swap back to the non-cracked EXE and see what happens.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 18, 13:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mounting in Daemontools and using SD4hider allows OFB to run perfectly fine without a CD, without dodgy cracked executables.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 18, 13:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, this is intentional breakage by EA/Maxis.

Using a mini-image avoids these kind of problems, as you can just use the uncracked exe.
I swear by Dæmon Tools 4+ASR myself. SD4hider should also work, but I prefer the commandline ASR as I can just put it in the TS2 shortcut.
Drahkk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 18, 15:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It worked; the crack was the problem.  My game is now fully functional playing off of the CD. 

Now, for future reference...

I have SD4hider; I must have been having a slightly stupid moment, as it never crossed my mind to use it on OFB.  I have not heard of ASR, however.  What is it, and where can I get it?  When I Google it I get everything from the Association for the Society of Religion to the African Studies Review...
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 18, 16:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=2

For some reason the download is called "  Securom_loader V1.2 - !!NEW VERSION!!  "

Just append C:/path/asr.exe -r to your Sims2 shortcut and it will hide the disks while TS2 is active.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: