More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 18:49:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No autonomous 'jump on beds'?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No autonomous 'jump on beds'?  (Read 14970 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
No autonomous 'jump on beds'?
« on: 2006 May 18, 13:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this hack exist, and if so where? I am sick of my sim kids jumping on their beds before school and knackering themselves out Angry  If it doesn't exist then can someone please consider making it?
I have exp up to NL Smiley

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: No autonomous 'jump on beds'?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 18, 13:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't need to be made...  just turn free will off!

Sims will only ever make stupid choices - if you don't like them, don't let them!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 18, 13:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might try asking Squinge. I've been cutting back on the entire "no autonomous this-and-that" thing because it started to turn into an whack-a-mole.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 18, 13:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Squinge already has it. I saw it yesterday.

Fail.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 18, 13:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Kay, thanks. I'll go look at Squinge's stuff. Smiley

I don't like turning free will off ness. I tend to try and let my sims fend for themselves, but this jumping on beds thing was doing my head in-their energy just drains like bathwater!

[edit] Posting the link to the hack just in case someone else wants it. It isn't completely stopping the action, but kids will do it less.

Children Less jumping on beds
« Last Edit: 2006 May 18, 13:52:46 by Emma » Logged

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 18, 14:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shouldn't "no autonomous" hacks also affect what visitors to the household, non-controllables on community lots, etc. do also, though? Turning off free will doesn't do a thing to help that.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 19, 00:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the actions that annoy me most are the autonomous things that aren't squished by No Free Will. "Smells yummy" is the bane of my existence! (Seriously: any sim with no free will that's left idle for more than 2 minutes real time in a room where there's food will do an autonomous "Smells yummy". It REALLY annoys me!). There's a handful of others.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 19, 01:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge actually got that one, baratron, and I'm trying it out right now but I haven't actually played much since I put it in.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 19, 02:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the actions that annoy me most are the autonomous things that aren't squished by No Free Will. "Smells yummy" is the bane of my existence! (Seriously: any sim with no free will that's left idle for more than 2 minutes real time in a room where there's food will do an autonomous "Smells yummy". It REALLY annoys me!). There's a handful of others.

Squinge have a mod to stop the smell yummy thing, maybe you should go take a peek at that site, he did made a few useful mods (and many I would never use too).  Here is the link to it:  http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=7337

EDIT:  It can also be found at MTS2 since Squinge is posting both at MTS2 and insimenator site.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 19, 02:45:25 by MissDoh » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 19, 13:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I get his stuff from MTS2, cos Inseminator is notoriously slow for me....drives me nuts! Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 19, 16:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shouldn't "no autonomous" hacks also affect what visitors to the household, non-controllables on community lots, etc. do also, though? Turning off free will doesn't do a thing to help that.
To some extent, yes, but jumping on beds isn't a problem with visitors anyway, they seem to be restricted from that action by default. Since the problem seems to only affect YOUR sims, I just don't consider it worth my time to make and maintain something that I, personally, will never actually benefit from. It's just not an issue which concerns me, since jumping on beds is no worse a stupid action than any other stupid, useless action that sims autonomously do, which is why I just don't have them autonomously do anything while I have to actually pay for it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 19, 19:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To some extent, yes, but jumping on beds isn't a problem with visitors anyway, they seem to be restricted from that action by default. Since the problem seems to only affect YOUR sims, I just don't consider it worth my time to make and maintain something that I, personally, will never actually benefit from. It's just not an issue which concerns me, since jumping on beds is no worse a stupid action than any other stupid, useless action that sims autonomously do, which is why I just don't have them autonomously do anything while I have to actually pay for it.

That's true, and there are plenty of behaviors, jumping on beds included, that meet that description for me -- if I can cancel it out of the queue easily, I might not even bother getting a hack if I see one. I wasn't speaking specifically about jumping on beds, but rather why turning free will off is not an effective across-the-board replacement for no-autonomy hacks for me.

I might yet decide to turn free will off (I'm already a tremendous micro-manager, but I do like some autonomy), but I'll still want at least some no-autonomy hacks in my game so that the Sims I'm not playing at the moment behave less stupidly too.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 20, 00:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I get his stuff from MTS2, cos Inseminator is notoriously slow for me....drives me nuts! Cheesy

For me it is the complete opposite lol.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 20, 01:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might yet decide to turn free will off (I'm already a tremendous micro-manager, but I do like some autonomy), but I'll still want at least some no-autonomy hacks in my game so that the Sims I'm not playing at the moment behave less stupidly too.
If you want sims to behave less stupidly while not actively playing them, try Power Idle. If you mean visitors, what visitors do is considerably less important, as long as they don't go into critical failure (which they usually don't because they're programmed to leave before then), it costs you mostly nothing since it's free. Unless it's extremely disruptive, extremely stupid, loud, or involves thievery, I don't consider it a real issue.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 20, 02:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've also considered using Power Idle, Macrotastics, etc. whether I turn free will off or not. I'm still undecided, though I should probably drop them in and fool around in my test hood (which is actually Veronaville) for a while to make up my mind.

And the kind of behavior that bothers me in the first place is mostly stuff that I consider disruptive -- mainly, things that mess up relationships (especially if my playables from other households are involved), and things that get in the way of my playables doing what I want them to do (whether it's by blocking paths, monopolizing objects or people, or constantly trying to do undesireable interactions with them).

I'm not asking you to make piles of no-autonomy hacks, though -- they don't seem to be especially complicated to get right, so your talents are definitely better turned to other (more interesting and complex) projects.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 21, 02:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I've had Lucy Burb go jumping on any bed she happens to be near!  And some of the townie kids get off the darn school bus and make straight for the bedroom!

What really annoys me is having to debug the darn bed!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 21, 04:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a "No jump on bed" hack I got a while back, I think it was on VS when JM first came there.  I think it was in the folder he had set up for people to upload stuff.  I think it might have been numenor, but I'm not sure.  Anyway, I'm not sure where it cane be downloaded now, so I am attaching it here.  I have been using it in my game since probably Uni or before, and it works great.  I have NL now, and I haven't seen any kids jumping on the bed at all.

* nojumponbed.zip (0.23 KB - downloaded 174 times.)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 21, 08:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, what about the fridge doors......that really bugs me the way a visiting teen will go and pull on the doors while the meal is being cooked, then rush into a chair to grab the first plate and cause the rest of the meal to be plonked on the floor!  I mean, if one of your teenager's friends did that, you'd have something cutting to say, I should imagine!  And why, oh why, can't parents show a kid like that the door and look angry instead of shaking hands like a moron?

And once a sim has been shoved unceremoniously from the house, they should darn well stay shoved - and have a memory of it too!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 21, 08:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have teens swinging on fridge doors, but I've often wished that I could boot rude sims unceremoniously from the house.  That friendly hand-shaking gets me too.  Of course, you could do what Brynne likes to do, and use the voodoo bottle on them, hehe.  Make them pee, and they will run home in embarrassment with a bad memory too!  And your sims will gossip about it!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 21, 09:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have teens swinging on fridge doors, but I've often wished that I could boot rude sims unceremoniously from the house.  That friendly hand-shaking gets me too.
Business Runs You's "Make Bugger Off" can make sims, well, bugger off.

Of course, you could do what Brynne likes to do, and use the voodoo bottle on them, hehe.  Make them pee, and they will run home in embarrassment with a bad memory too!  And your sims will gossip about it!
Not all sims seem to leave when they pee. I've never seen Sim-Brynne leave after peeing. Tongue But then, I don't MAKE anyone pee.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 21, 09:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have OFB installed yet.  I will try that when I get around to doing that.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 21, 10:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I've had numerous visiting teens just stand there playing with the fridge doors till it makes me want to wring their virtual necks!  And the kids (like the lovely Lucy) swing on them!  The only Maxis kid who's always a perfect angel when he visits is alexander!  But then, he's a very outgoing kid with a nice disposition, the shy ones seem to be more problematic.  But the outgoing, grouchy Leos are the worst - I have one family where mum and dad are both leos, kids are leo and Taurus.  Father dehaves when he walks by, but only because he's - wait for it - a KNOWLEDGE sim! - but mother (Romance) steals the newspaper, son kicks trash cans, (Popularity - how NOT to win friends and influence people) and daughter (Family) steals newspapers AND kicks trash cans!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 21, 10:36:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to add the make bugger off thing to something like the lot debugger or macrotastics launcher?  I rarely run home businesses, but it would be nice to be able to make sims bugger off at times.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 21, 11:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need to run a business to use the BRY to make sims bugger off. Just hang it on a wall somewhere, and none of the business options will appear when there is no business, only "Make Bugger Off".

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 May 21, 12:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you already have the lot debugger, the macrotastics launcher, the clothing tool and the sync timer on all lots (sometime even the college adjustor as well and completely ignoring the baby controller, toilet paper, sleep clock, etc), it would be kinda nice to not have to add yet another bloody object!  Particularly when most of them don't exactly blend into the background.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: