More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 02:16:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Familiars & Pet problems in AL/M&G
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Familiars & Pet problems in AL/M&G  (Read 5194 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Familiars & Pet problems in AL/M&G
« on: 2009 January 03, 12:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this just me?
1. Pets are on the list of invitees for parties...  so are familiars who are not on the lot!
2. Familiars Error when trying to get through the new bookcase/revolving door.  "Error: Animation name is empty string."   I haven't tried it with a normal pet.
3. Caged birds get stuck after a while.  No error, you just can't interact with them..

I have M&G installed with all SPs and EPs.  The house I'm playing is the one in Belladonna cove with the 2 sisters who want to be witches, but I don't think it's the house.  There's a ton of CC in game including most of the directors cut & twojeffs caged pet fixes (AL version).
« Last Edit: 2009 January 03, 13:24:52 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
Re: Familiars & Pet problems in AL/M&G
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 03, 12:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe the Pets are just borked to think they are human - I've had that before, but the familiars were new in this play session.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 03, 13:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed. Pets can no longer attempt to autoportal through the secret door.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 03, 13:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if you summon them on the wrong side of the door, they can't get to food, bed, scratching post etc etc... Undecided

where is it? - EDIT obviously it's  autosecretdoor.package - found in the usual zip file.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 03, 13:37:24 by cwykes » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 03, 16:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if you summon them on the wrong side of the door, they can't get to food, bed, scratching post etc etc... Undecided
Yeah, pretty much. Same thing that happens with normal pets. Except Spectral Pets just go poof.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 January 03, 18:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any word on why I'm getting familiars & other pets on the party menu if they aren't present on the lot?

I guess the caged bird problem is probably twojeffs AL hack not working in M&G - I'll take it out & see what happens.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 January 05, 09:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

birds aren't on the party list.  It's a few pets and the brand new familiar who is not on the lot at party call time.  I wondered if it was related to the "want to talk to pet" issue that Pes promised to fix in wfsanity.  If it was just pre-existing pets, I'd buy seriously borked, but a brand new familiar?  The bat box did offer delete an invisible sim option on the lot which I duly clicked......

Thanks for the word on cagedpetfix in M&G.  Problem hasn't reoccured so far, but was on the same lot as the party pet problem.

Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 January 07, 02:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I started playing those sisters (the Cordials), some Maxis catalog content had red thumbnails.  I then tried checking the catalog content in an empty house and everything loaded fine; so I moved the sisters.  No problems whatsoever since, though I suppose that could be a coincidence. Grin

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
boogie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 January 08, 00:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Pets are on the list of invitees for parties...  so are familiars who are not on the lot!

I've had this before too where a university sim had a party and his childhood dog from home was an option on the invite list.
I wisely chose not to invite... also I'm pretty sure this was pre-AL?
Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

S&W: The original point and click interface. ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 January 08, 02:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that error with BV and the Katt family.  It was funny seeing the cat sit at bar and drink juice.  They were all listed as human instead of pets when I opened them up in SimPE.

I just deleted that game and installed my back up of hood.

I AM THE LAW!  Judge Dredd
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 January 08, 08:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cyd Roselands dog Porthos also shows up on the invite list for me, I have all EPs and stuff packs except M&G.  As far as I can tell (which isn't far because I suck at SimPe) Porthos is listed as a dog in SimPe SimBrowser overview.   I did try inviting him to the party but he didn't show up with the other guests.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: