More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 02:59:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Signs that a hood is about to explode?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Signs that a hood is about to explode?  (Read 11239 times)
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
Re: Signs that a hood is about to explode?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 01, 12:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok basically I got this legacy challenge going on in my old strangetown neighbourhood, 537 files.
I need I am near dangerzone of exploding hood and getting bitsy parnoid I cannot finish my 10 generation before the hood explode.
If I delete some townies using simpe and also use this plug in to remove all my simmies' memories of them, will this help as a band aid?
I decide i cannot move this neighbourhood. There are too many sims and I just want a quick bandaid to tide things over till the end.

I have a few corrupted lots but I managed to save the pesky sims by moving lots and demolishing the old one.

So how? Any suggestions and ideas on if my above quick fix is ok? Thanks so much!  Smiley

Go Away
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 01, 13:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should work.  Don't forget, though, you have to physically remove the files from the Characters folder, so you need to get a list of those file numbers before you remove the data.

Zephyr Zodiac
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 01, 13:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for replying. I know how to delete character files properly using SIMPE but my problem is with the memories which then become corrupt.
With that plug in, things should be ok. I sure hope that plug in will be OFB compatible!  Shocked

ETA:  i should wait for them to test run SIMPE first as well Tongue
I decide to fix all my hood issues one time after installing OFB.

Go Away
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 01, 13:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be inclined to do it first - you can always do it again later.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 01, 14:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM says the upper limit was 800 characters before NL, but they increased the number of iterations in the first NL patch, so he says the limit is now "Unknown."  No one has hit it yet, so we cross our fingers, back up our data, and wait and see.

Here is a thread at the SimPE forum where Inge details what needs to happen to completely delete a sim.  This was before Theo's plugin existed, but you can still use it, and the plugin will make it much easier.

http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/viewtopic.php?t=1731
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 01, 16:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM says the upper limit was 800 characters before NL, but they increased the number of iterations in the first NL patch, so he says the limit is now "Unknown."  No one has hit it yet, so we cross our fingers, back up our data, and wait and see.

Here is a thread at the SimPE forum where Inge details what needs to happen to completely delete a sim.  This was before Theo's plugin existed, but you can still use it, and the plugin will make it much easier.

http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/viewtopic.php?t=1731

thanks so much for ur help, zz and rainbow.
I am going to take a look and I certainly didn't know that JM said the hood limit has increased (yeah, I am glad I know now! Cheesy)
In that case, my hood should be ok although a few lots are cranky. But I shall check out those threads and be prepared for the time when I need to use them  Angry

Go Away
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 01, 16:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat - I can understand the rest, but what have the Broke Brothers done to deserve annihilation? Cry

well I did keep the Brandi clone but I really disliked the other two and didn't think they would breed decent looking kids. Mainly I got rid of the "kids" because they were not the true genetic children of their parents.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 01, 16:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quaxi, please can we have a Sim Deletion tool that does all the following to the selected Sim:

1. Note down intsnce and SimID of the Sim you want to delete (Instance of Sim Description, Sim Id is displayed within the Sim Description.

2. Delete all relationships of the Sim in question

3. Delete all Relationships towards the Sim in any other Sim

4. Delete all Family ties of the Sim

5. Check each memory of each Sim in the Neighborhood. If it is about the Sim in question (same GUID or Instance) delete it in the Memory Editor.

6. Go to the Family Information File the Sim is stored in (you can do so from the Sim Description), and remove it from the List.

7. Delete the wants&Fear and Sim DNA resource that has the same Instance as the SDSC of the Sim

8. Find the Filename of the character File for that Sim, and delete that package.

9. Finally delete the SimDescription of that Sim.

There are the steps that Inge mentionned.  As you can see not everything is addressed by the memory plugin (although it is the longest part).  Although I did all the steps manually, I now realized that I never did step 7 and 9.

This just confirms what I already suspected.  It's not enough to just delete the memories.  I figured there were bound to be some loose ends.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 01, 17:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never did 2 or 3 or 4 or 6 or 7, only did 9 because I happened to come across it mentioned in an older thread.

The playable ones I deleted don't show up in their parents(or any other relatives) family trees.

I haven't had any problems so far *isn't worried* I don't think I will have any problems from deleteing the townies and dormies, they didn't even have sim descriptions to delete. Most of the playables I deleted, I had already killed off or deleted from the bin so I don't see myself having any problems from getting rid of them either.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 01, 17:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat - I can understand the rest, but what have the Broke Brothers done to deserve annihilation? Cry

well I did keep the Brandi clone but I really disliked the other two and didn't think they would breed decent looking kids. Mainly I got rid of the "kids" because they were not the true genetic children of their parents.

Actually, they have quite acceptable kids - depends who you marry them off to, of course.  The youngest Broke (the one who isn't born yet) has quite gorgeous kids!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: