More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 00:28:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I have Simpotence
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I have Simpotence  (Read 91413 times)
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: I have Simpotence
« Reply #175 on: 2005 November 15, 17:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should.  Wink

I am also addicted. I've wanted this kind of game since I was a little girl. Barbies are so static, and they can't have babies, or grow old and die!

I'm hoping the charm will wear off soon, and although there are periods when I (gasp) don't feel like playing, it always comes back.

I just have to see what happens next ...

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2005 November 15, 19:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what I want next is a combination of SimCity and The sims, so you can build your neighbourhood, watch it grow, but any house you build you can enter and either put your own family in, or let the game do it!  And the Schools and Hospitals and Ball Parks etc. should all be playable!  Am I shooting at the moon?  Or will they make something like this before I die?

Zephyr Zodiac
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2005 November 15, 20:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what I want next is a combination of SimCity and The sims, so you can build your neighbourhood, watch it grow, but any house you build you can enter and either put your own family in, or let the game do it!  And the Schools and Hospitals and Ball Parks etc. should all be playable!  Am I shooting at the moon?  Or will they make something like this before I die?

I think that's what they were aiming for. I know in SimCity4 you can import your sims (Sims1 - I think) into the game. They act as little advisors - don't like the crime, commute to work too long, etc. I would really like that also. When I try and design a terrain in SimCity for use in the Sims, the terrain isn't a perfect match (tile width between streets is not equal) and you have to know the street layout you will eventually need for your neighborhood as you can't go back and re-edit it. I like in SimCity how you can start small and expand as your city grows.  I'd like to play a Sim neighborhood as a small town that grows into a city.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2005 November 16, 01:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that would be good, and I'd like the idea that you could choose beteen going into a house and playing the family, or going into the house and observing them do their own thing, including things like taking a trip to the ballgame!  As it is, they can't even autonomously decide to ring someone up to chat!

Zephyr Zodiac
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: 2005 November 16, 17:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want them to be able to visit the neighbors, and take their toddlers with them on outings. I think after the "in business" EP a "family" EP would be really cool. One that added a lot more interactions to do with family members, like multitask while holding baby. And new ways for people to get body points, like rollerblades, jump ropes and bicycles.

Oh, and here's what I think would really be cool: A better neighborhood design tool, that lets you add roads, hills, whatever to an existing town. I've had towns get so developed there was nowhere for my sims to live. And I noticed that downtown has a lot of empty space around it. Why not let us add some streets?

Also, I downloaded a cool spooky house but it looks so dumb in my neighborhood because it has terrain with mountains, etc., and my town is flat (I've learned that flat works best, much less annoying to build houses on ...)

It would be great if I could add a hill (without resorting to drastic measures) so that house didn't look so dorky sitting there.

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2005 November 16, 19:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one of those, and finally bulldozed it. I forget the name, but it was a lovely mountain home, three stories on split levels, with bridges over a river, and a waterfall...beautifully done ~ it must have taken the creator days to build it. But it was completely UNPLAYABLE. I would have had to remove half the trees to see what my Sims were doing. I hated bulldozing it, but it was just taking up space, slowing load-time, and looked very strange sitting there on its wooded peak in the middle of my flat, green Neighborhood.  Cry
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2005 November 16, 19:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what I want next is a combination of SimCity and The sims, so you can build your neighbourhood, watch it grow, but any house you build you can enter and either put your own family in, or let the game do it!

Isn't that what "Simsville" was supposed to be? I reinstalled my old SimCity 3000 not long ago, and watched the promotional video at the beginning for "Simsville." It seemed to suggest that it would combine the city aspect of SimCity with the more up-close and personal aspects of The Sims.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2005 November 16, 20:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happened to it?

Zephyr Zodiac
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2005 November 16, 20:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think "Simsville" morphed into "The Sims 2." From the video, it looks like "Simsville" was going to retain the pseudo-3D look of Sims1, so my guess is that the city aspects got dumped so they could develop the 3D engine, genetics, memories, etc.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2005 November 16, 22:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that case, there's a chance of a revamped simsville?

Zephyr Zodiac
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2005 November 17, 01:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere since they started talking about Sims2. The SimCity 3000 disk that the promotion is on is ©2000.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2005 November 17, 02:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simsville is and was a seperate project from the Sims 2. It was announced several years before TS2, and died remarkably shortly after that.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2005 November 17, 04:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it was probably too complicated back then, but now, who knows?

Zephyr Zodiac
PKTrekGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2005 November 17, 04:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow!  This neighborhood idea sounds really interesting!

I think it's tough staying interested in the game at times.  I'd love to participate in anything that would liven things up.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
Simsville
« Reply #189 on: 2005 November 17, 21:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could swear blind that half of Simsville got dumped and the other half became Hot Date, but my references for that would be many years ago on the TSR Forum, and I don't think I can be bothered right now to do a search. 

...Oh, alright then. Simsville becomes Hot Date, from GameSpot. There's also an interview with a Maxoid, and screenshots & stuff here.

So yeah.

Now worship my fantastic memory & my forum search-fu, go on Grin.

Actually, reading this - I have to wonder whether the other half of Simsville has been revised & revamped to make Open For Business? Hmmm...

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2005 November 17, 22:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I should think that any usable objects etc. would have been kept to be used elsewhere, after all, it would save someone else repeating the same work.  And after all, time is money in anyone's language!

Zephyr Zodiac
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2005 November 17, 22:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That thing about re-numbering a neighborhood is possibly the coolest thing I have ever been told how to do. Thanks so much for mentioning it! I haven't tried it yet but I plan to.

For anyone else interested the page with the directions is

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?p=3060820&highlight=command+prompt#post3060820

post #1304  It is 4 or 5 down.

In case anyone cares I did use this method and it worked like a charm. It was easy as pie.

BTW has anything concrete happened with this shared neighborhood idea or is it still being talked out? I did look over the thread but was afraid I missed something.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 17, 23:26:51 by PlaidSquirrel » Logged

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: 2005 November 17, 22:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*worships baratron*

*offers old computer parts to the altar*

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: 2005 November 18, 00:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

don't have Uni or NL, so I'm not in.  willing to contribute though...  Really enjoyed the thread.
will you take suggestions or lots or sims from non players?  you don't have to use them...  on offer are :
1. 11 starter homes plus 5 community lots in a themed set - some look better than others, but they are all maxis content and are playable.  They are on TSR, but I have the package files - guaranteed clean.  They are all 3 by 2 lots around 1k in size with water and willows designed to load fast even on a slow PC - that was the whole idea...
2. a few challenging households
3. ideas

You'll need some community lots for the 'hood.

Are you thinking of a sort of postal chess?  send someone a lot you've been playing with a challenge - pass it on after 1 week with a new challenge (or the same one and  Embarrassed if you haven't had time).  or will you all download the 'hood and try all the lots?   Do you try and put the 'hood back together after you've all played lots? wouldn't like that job - imagine if you make two sims friends and someone else makes them enemies... How do you reconcile it without upsetting people?  Are you all going to get sims in business? 

What do I do when my sims get boring?
move the townies into lots and play them.  my sims are all similar.....
visit Maty
go and help other simmers on the old sims1 board.  The sims2 thread helps newbies and are a nice crew.
try someone else's idea hence
1. the teen & child townie orphanage
2. faithful romance sims!  (if violetkitty can do it, so can I)
3. play a house someone else made - especially if they didn't do it too well (no lights etc)
download some more things I'll never use
organise the downloads and clean up files
make a collection from downloads from 1 site
refurnish a house with content only from that site.  (had to go back for more)
download clothes and make a few new sims.
design something to fill a niche gap eg small community lots for graphically challenged PCs in my case

Is Sims in business going to open up a whole new world of sharing? - some of the things I read on Snootysims sounded like that.  This was in the unsure bit "Earn Simoleans for your Sim online When an item your Sim has made is downloaded by the community, your Sim gets a royalty! Some Sims can become incredibly wealthy, as well as famous."  Surely Maxis have to be thinking about moving us all towards online simming in the longterm.

Haven't played any other games in a while.  Own a rack or two though they won't all run on XP.  Former addictions feature Colonization,  Alpha Centaurii and Dungeon keeper 1&2 with Railroad tycoon, Pizza tycoon 1 and 2 plus simcity 1 and 2 plus not to mention Sims1 and Colossal cave.  I played Civ a lot, but I never got on with diplomacy.  Oh and Heroes of might and magic 3.  I never played consoles apart from the ATARI 80XL.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2005 November 18, 00:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

don't have Uni or NL, so I'm not in.  willing to contribute though...  Really enjoyed the thread.
will you take suggestions or lots or sims from non players?  you don't have to use them...  on offer are :

Everyone is welcome to contribute.
What I am envisioning is having a completed hood available to download but also have the components (the terrain, the sims, the lots) available as separate downloads for people like yourself that can snag certain lots / sims / terrains if they are interested.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: 2005 November 18, 01:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should point out the obvious - anything I make is base game only.  Someone has to make it Uni/NL compatible...

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2005 November 18, 01:03:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should point out the obvious - anything I make is base game only.  Someone has to make it Uni/NL compatible...

Anything that is made with the base is compatible with the expansion packs. It just doesn't work the other way (meaning something made with NL won't be compatible for someone with just the base.)  Wink
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: 2005 November 18, 08:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking pre-patch aren't I....  I've read problems caused by playing pre-patch lots & hoods.   Anything pre-EP is OK in theory then.  Of course the base game hasn't got all the relevant fixes from the Uni patch, so it might still be an issue.

I downloaded Maple Valley last night to take my mind off my buggered Veronaville.  sounds fun.  Does it need Uni?  Thread was too long to read and I didn't notice anything on the pages I went to. (tired.. & cross)

lechapeau
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2005 November 18, 09:51:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded Maple Valley last night to take my mind off my buggered Veronaville.  sounds fun.  Does it need Uni?  Thread was too long to read and I didn't notice anything on the pages I went to. (tired.. & cross)

Sorry, but yes Maple Valley does need University to play...

My TS2 custom neighborhoods:
Updated Beacon Falls + OfB & BV subhoods: http://beacon-falls.blogspot.com/
Brand new version of Maple Valley + a subhood & add-ons: http://maplevalley2.blogspot.com/
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: 2005 November 20, 10:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah - I began to suspect that when it crashed!  Still I'll keep it 'til I get Uni.  did you notice that Motoki got Maple valley and was fixing up some genetics?  Might be worth asking what was wrong and fixing your versions.

PS I didn't see many community lots - If you want the little set I have on TSR, you can have them. PM me there. They aren't millionaire lots, they're small, functional and look interesting as a set on the 'hood screen.  Basically they are good meeting places with some shopping thrown in.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: