More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 16:13:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Macs, Pets and CC
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Macs, Pets and CC  (Read 2983 times)
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Macs, Pets and CC
« on: 2007 February 19, 04:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi...I posted this query at the mac section of MTS2, but obviously, they're not awesome enough to really help.  I finally (almost) have my new game set up with pets and decided to play a lot to see how it went and realised my pet couldn't interact with my tubs or beds or other furniture.  I looked into it, read through several threads which I had previously ignored since they were Pets related (not having Pets) and saw that cc has to be updated.  As far as I can tell, all the updaters out there are for PCs only. <sigh>

Has anyone discovered a work around for us sole mac users?  Seems like most of my favourite CC has not been updated for Pets - went back to redownload to see if there were updates, and this kinda sucks.  I have no idea how this works, what exactly is updated when you update cc for pets, but would an invisible recolor of an original Maxis object put on top of custom whatever work?  If it does, maybe this is an easier way to solve this than figuring out how to update hundreds of files on a mac?

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Macs, Pets and CC
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 19, 05:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure how to update existing CC on a Mac (I use a Windows partition on my iMac for gaming), but Sandy at aroundthesims2.com has updated many of her objects for Pets, including special bathtubs just for dogs.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 19, 09:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi...I posted this query at the mac section of MTS2, but obviously, they're not awesome enough to really help.  I finally (almost) have my new game set up with pets and decided to play a lot to see how it went and realised my pet couldn't interact with my tubs or beds or other furniture.  I looked into it, read through several threads which I had previously ignored since they were Pets related (not having Pets) and saw that cc has to be updated.  As far as I can tell, all the updaters out there are for PCs only. <sigh>

Has anyone discovered a work around for us sole mac users?  Seems like most of my favourite CC has not been updated for Pets - went back to redownload to see if there were updates, and this kinda sucks.  I have no idea how this works, what exactly is updated when you update cc for pets, but would an invisible recolor of an original Maxis object put on top of custom whatever work?  If it does, maybe this is an easier way to solve this than figuring out how to update hundreds of files on a mac?
Well, it doesn't help you right this moment, but I'm working on an update for my Pets Custom Content Updater that will make it work on the Mac if you use Mono. I've also updated another program that will now work on the Mac if you use Mono, and I've got another program coming, so if you would like to test them out, send me a PM and I'll give you the link to the testing forum. Smiley

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 19, 11:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm happy to test mac stuff out, but what is mono?

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 19, 11:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm happy to test mac stuff out, but what is mono?
Open-source port of the .NET library to Mac OS X, and the various *nixes, as far as I can remember.

EDIT: Eh, close enough.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: