More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 20, 19:00:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is it Nightlife? Is it hacks?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is it Nightlife? Is it hacks?  (Read 6022 times)
aeslis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Is it Nightlife? Is it hacks?
« on: 2005 September 21, 23:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys seem to be a very intelligent bunch of people, so I thought I should ask here first before attempting the hell that is the official BBS.

Um.  Yes.

So, today I started Sims2 (wherein I have NL installed) and for some reason, one of my sims is missing a want.  Er, meaning, it's blank and blue, she's only got three wants.  The toddler?  Has no wants, no fears; they're all blank, blank, blank.  Obviously something screwed up somehow.  It just happened, and I removed the only changes I'd made since last startup (two hacks) but nothing helped.  And idea wtf caused this, and what I can do to fix it?

It's really frustrating; random shite like this has been happening a lot.  Yesterday my gf and I went to play our university crew, and they just.. weren't.. there.  The dorm where they lived was empty of all life.  Buh?  That's the second time for THAT particular oddity to happen, and if it happens again, I'ma gonna strangle someone.  It's not like there's too many sims in the neighborhood or on campus, either.  I just don't get it.  Undecided

Any help would be much appreciated.  Smiley
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
Re: Is it Nightlife? Is it hacks?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 21, 23:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a Dumb Suggestion, but have you tried resting your cursor to see if there IS a want, even if the image doesn't show up?  One of my Sims wanted to eat a certain food, but for some odd reason the image that went along with the want didn't appear.

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 21, 23:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's Nightlife. Not hacks. There will be a patch.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
aeslis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 22, 00:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah-hah.  Is there information about this somewhere, or is it gossip flying around?

Thanks, I was worried I'd messed up my game.  ... Not that it isn't pretty messed up, what with that, but.. you know.  Roll Eyes
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 22, 00:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't find it, but MaxoidTom wrote that if you delete the "tumbnails" folder in My documents/EA games/TS2 - the game will copy this folder from C:/program files/EA games/TS2, and the wants and fears will come back. I did it, and it helped.

Better search the forum, and find this answer...Smiley.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 22, 00:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that happen to me with Uni only.  One Sim had only one want and she was a college graduate.   Huh  It's seems to be a common thing and doesn't affect gameplay too much for me...

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 22, 01:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here, I found it; it's in "so what's fixed in NL" thread, page 1:

"Possible work-around for the missing catalog icons:
Catalog icons are stored in the Thumbnails directory under My Docs\EA Games\The Sims 2\.  If you delete that directory, the original files should be copied back up from the Program Files location--if you have University it will try to merge the two." (HatedMaxoid)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 22, 02:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had it happen before Nightlife and after Nightlife, had it happen with hacks and without. It's one of the quirks about the game that shows up ever now and again. You could try some of the suggestions made here. Another thing to try is using that renu thingambob to change aspiration which will reroll wants.

In all the cases when I had this issue it eventually goes away.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 22, 03:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny thing with that one Sim that was affected with the lack of wants...the only want she did have was Woohoo in Bed.   Grin

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 22, 05:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny thing with that one Sim that was affected with the lack of wants...the only want she did have was Woohoo in Bed.   Grin

LOL, what other want could she possibly need.  Smart girl.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
aeslis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 22, 23:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonderful; thank you all for your advice.  I've deleted the thumbnails folder, so we'll see how that goes.

The problematic part of it was that the toddler had JUST grown up and was neither in red nor in green, so without wants, I couldn't keep his aspiration meter up!  It just started plunging into the red  Undecided  But hopefully now that'll all be fixed.

Appreciated<3
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: