More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 08:37:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  When I sell a Pet I don't earn the money...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: When I sell a Pet I don't earn the money...  (Read 15605 times)
Urmel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
When I sell a Pet I don't earn the money...
« on: 2006 November 08, 14:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all,

can you help me find out if the above mentioned subject is a bug or if I'm only too stupid to sell my pets.

I've played around several hours with Mr. ... well, I forgot the name of the Sim *shame* but the one who you can find in the family bin with the small dog Porthos.
He is a animal welfare activist Wink, adopts all stray dogs give them a good education and then he sells them away in new better homes. He can't go to work, because 6 dogs at once with more ore less (mostly less) good behavior hold him busy all the time Smiley, so he needs the money badly which he earns from the dog sales.
Well... at least 3000 Simoleons could he earn (it's shown during the sales process on the screen ) for a well trained dog, but the money wasn't added to the family fund.

What's wrong here? Another bug or just my fault?

Thanks for your help Smiley
Urmel
Urmel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: When I sell a Pet I don't earn the money...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 09, 10:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Over 100 views and no answer?

Am I the only one who has this problem? Was my description mistakable or was my english so bad? *sniff*

Has anybody sold a Pet to a neighbour with the "Sales..."-Option without any Hacks (like me) and with or without having a Home Business (I've tried both)? And if yes, has anyone earned the prize which is displayed during the sales process, I mean was it added to the family funds?

It's really annoying for me and the only "bug" I have Sad

Sorry for pushing this thread up
Urmel
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 09, 11:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried selling one to a townie?
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 09, 11:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not easy to find somone without hacks in game here. You know its a hack related site. Me thinks no one has sold a pet yet, or payed no attention to the funds. It could be a bug. Are you getting the kaching sound and the little +3000 Simoleans floating over the screen after selling the dog ?
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 09, 11:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He said
And if yes, has anyone earned the prize which is displayed during the sales process
so I assume he has the floating Simoleans.  They just don't get added.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 09, 13:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a quick look on the Sims2 board and I can't see zillions of people howling that sellling pets is broken.  Surely they would have noticed a bug this big by now?  I don't have Pets so I haven't paid too much attention to hack conflicts with pets but the Inteen and InSim are causing lots of odd bugs.   Binary search on the downloads folder is the only suggestion I have....

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Urmel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 09, 16:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all Smiley

*cough* I'm a "she" Wink

What I can swear is, that I've played really hackfree, because my downloads are well sorted in different subdirectories. I've crosschecked it with clean installer as well.
I have a lot of hacks, but I know that I have to remove them with every new expansion until new versions are available.

Yes i can hear/see the kaching sound and the floating numbers. That's why I know how many money I've lost, becaus it was not added Sad.

@cwykes
Have you found at least one? I found some in the German Simforum, but I cannot say if they have played without any hacks.

If these is a bug, may I request a bugfix now? Please? Smiley Smiley

Thanks
Urmel
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 09, 16:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry!  Your screen name looked masculine to me...

I do have a dog I can test with... Adoption Services took him away from one family, so another family adopted him.  I was going to give him back, but for testing purposes, I'll try selling him back and see if the money changes.
Urmel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 09, 16:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*grin*

Never mind Wink Urmel is (in Germany) a famous little dinosaur which was found in an egg and hatched by a professor who teach animals to talk Smiley It's a fairy tale written by Michael Ende (The Neverending Story) and it was my favorite as I was a child. I guess Urmel is male... but I think nobody knows it for sure Wink.

I forgot to answer your first question: I've never tried to sell a dog to an NPC. I don't want to, they become stray dogs then. That's what I've read about.

I found several posts of people who are talking about pet sales in shops and a lot of them said, that they earn a lot of money for their dogs when they use the "Sale..." option. Well... now I'm really not sure anymore if one hack was hidden in some subdirectory.... *sigh*.

I should test it and remove all downloads (even the objects and clothing etc.).
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 09, 17:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've sold 4 pets, and I appeared to have gotten the money. And that's with all my hacks back in the game.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 10, 09:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should test it and remove all downloads (even the objects and clothing etc.).
Yeah I think so, take them all out and test it in a hood you don't normally play like strangetown if you don't want to risk playing your normal hood with no downloads.  Pescado says binary search is most efficient for testing.  At least it will load faster without the downloads...  You can't really call it a bug for sure without doing that.

Just out of interest, do you have the full set of EPs?

thank you for the story - I like it!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 10, 10:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people on MTS2 were getting the same problem, don't know if they had hacks or not though.
Urmel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 10, 15:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for now, I hadn't time to try out the "bug" without all downloads.
I plan this for tomorrow, it saturday and my first vacation day (only one week Cry).

I'll keep you informed Smiley

@cwykes
I've all EPs except the Accessory Packs Xmas, FFS and GS or something. Only the full EPs and installed in the order of release.

Smiley
« Last Edit: 2006 November 10, 16:09:34 by Urmel » Logged
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 10, 15:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darn...there was something about selling pets in the Prima Guide - but it's at home and I'm at work.  Will check tonight and see if it relates to your issue.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 11, 00:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, Urmel, I've got the guide in front of me now.  It says:  "To sell a pet, click on the other Sim, use the Sales..Pet...interaction, and select the pet to be sold.  If the relationship between the Sims and between the buyer and the pet are high enough, and the buyer has enough money to afford the pet's value, the transfer takes place immediately."

The guide also claims that "Pets obtained for free (from Create a Family, merged into the household, or bonded strays) can be sold at 100 percent profit.  Selling purchased pets, on the other hand, is profiable only if your Sims has trained them beyond their purchased state.." blah, blah, blah.

The base price is $399 for an untrained pet.  Supposedly every reinforced behavior can add up to $350 for a dog and $390 for a cat and each command learned can increase the value by up to $400 for a dog and $460 for a cat.

Given your pets were well trained, the sale $$ should have been added to your family funds.   Did you get nothing or an amount less than $3,000 Simoleans?

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 11, 00:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Urmel said that graphic of the correct value in Simoleans floats away from the dog, but the money is not added to household funds, not a simolean...

No, I haven't been able to sell the dog back yet.  Darn antisocial family.  I think they know JMP.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 11, 20:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I have a lack of progress report... I have a ton of hacks, btw...

The dog in the following scenario was taken away by animal control and adopted by another family.

1) Sim in the family that owns the dog now invites a Sim from the previous owning family over.
2) Sim1 offers to sell the dog to Sim2.
3) They walk up the stairs to where the dog is sleeping or hanging out.
4) The +2000 floats above Sim1 and -2000 floats above Sim2
5) The family's money remains the same.

Since both families are controllable, I'll just use the money order to transfer the money.  It's not fair to the other family for them to have paid to adopt a dog to give back to the original owners.
Urmel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 12, 08:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Ziggy and miros for your help,

I've just tried to sell a cat (from the Kat-Family in the family bin of my test-neighbourhood) to a townie without any downloads, and... what shall I say? It works Sad.
I got the money... *sigh*

Next I searched all my downloads (again) with the Clean Installer... but I did only find one, which was not be marked in red, the Date Counter from somebody from MTS2.
I removed it and I just removed all hacks and all object downloads and will try it again with Cyd Roseland (the animal activist Wink).

My problem is a a hack- or bad download-problem... that is quite sure for now Sad.
Hopefully it was the Date Counter. I'll keep you informed.

Smiley
Urmel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 12, 10:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok... that was not what I've expected...

Could it be related to the Neighbourhood?

I removed all downloads... really complete all I swear. The complete downloadfolder was moved two directories up. The game creates a new, empty one (this is new with Pets I guess).
And it did not work in Pleasantville  Huh. Cyd Roseland did not get a cent for his dogs, the amount is displayed, the kaching sound apprears, that's it. If I use a new Cyd Roseland which was created in the Bin for e. g. Veronaville, than the money was added to the family fund as it should be.

Now I'm completely confused. It's something with my Pleasantville... and I can't give it up, no way! So many "old" Sim Families, several Generations...
What can I do?
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 12, 12:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might not be Pleasantview... it could be a problem with the lot, or with the family. I'd try moving him out of the lot, bulldozing it, and moving him into another lot. If it's still not working, I'd try to have another family in the neighborhood sell a pet and see what happens.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 12, 14:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it happened to me too!  I think it's an underlying bug, and I'd just use the Money Order to send Cyd the money after the transaction.
Urmel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 12, 17:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@sweetCamos

I've tried it with several families in Pleasantview. It's not related to the house Sad.

Don't know what to do next Sad
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 12, 20:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Test this out and let me know if it fixes it. Also make sure that the sim you are trying to sell to actually has the money to pay for the pet.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 15, 22:13:38 by twojeffs » Logged
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 12, 20:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I  believe it's a game bug. I sold two pets, saw the price float above the sim's head, but the household funds didn't change.   Roll Eyes  I was paying close attention because of seeing this thread earlier too. Think I'll be trying out your fix also, TJ...

Edit...  TJ's fix did not fix it for me. It's still broken. 
« Last Edit: 2006 November 12, 22:08:07 by Tina G » Logged
Urmel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 15, 12:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for not answering so long Smiley

@twojeffs
The fix doesn't work for me either Sad

If you have more ideas, I'm happy to be your guinea pig Smiley.

All my families have tons of simoleons Wink, except the poor Cyd Roseland *sigh*. I help myself with the kaching cheat. With every dog he sell he will receive the thousands with several kachings Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: