More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:07:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB *home* business ideas for the creatively challenged?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB *home* business ideas for the creatively challenged?  (Read 33135 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: OFB *home* business ideas for the creatively challenged?
« Reply #75 on: 2006 March 27, 09:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the reasons the owner of the nursery owns the nursery is because he could get into it for under $5,000.  It's a 2x2 lot with a small building.  All sales go on outdoors.  His wife bought the internet cafe which cost her over $20,000 so there wasn't much left for his business. LOL

Generally speaking, I don't have my sim sell stuff in her home store that I wouldn't want the other sims to keep.  Her son came in so I had her show him something I thought would look good in his home.  He bought it for 'cheap' so it'll cost him less than it would've out of Buy Mode.  I was thinking it could be fun to stock various styles of merchandise and see if any sims end up buying any particular style.  No doubt they won't, but if they did a person could base their home decorating on what they were buying on their own.

I took a picture of her store last night but I need to get my ftp program installed so I can upload it.  Maybe I'll remember to do that tomorrow.  Then again, maybe not--need to do a few other things.

BTW, I love the farm!  Once your business gets up to two or three stars you're going to find that cash register is just a little cramped there. Wink

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 March 27, 10:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I don't recall anyone mentioning this (but it's been a while since this thread's been up and I barely remember yesterday's posts!): a concert hall or area. Two stages with instruments (a large for the "headliners" and a small for "supporting groups"), a bar or two, and a ticket machine of course. I've got lots of custom-made guitars downloaded and some Marshall full-stack amps, and I think someone at MTS2 has made some more stage equipment. The Sims2 Open Air Festival. How does that sound? As a matter of fact, I've already made a community lot like this, and when I get OFB I'll definitely try it out.

Let the Beast inside you free!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2006 March 27, 11:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Bitzybus/downloads/sims2/search_mirror

Here is a mirror floor by Bitzybus. I KNOW I have seen a mirror ceiling, but I can't find it right now.

Thanks Simmiecal!

A 2x2 lot with no building is not only cheap, but it loads fast and is easy to play on a slow PC.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 March 29, 02:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<ok, I'm trying to revive this thread because I enjoy it, I admit it :) It's not old enough to be necromancy yet.>

How about some pictures of what you're doing with businesses or how you're laying them out or the like? I know a bunch of people here are really good at building, and I'd love to see what kind of buildings their using for businesses (both home and commercial).

I'm not so creative though. I don't like my buildings as well as the ones I download and/or I'm way too lazy :) So though my sims have started with Maxis content and my poor attempts, they're planning on working their way into buying some more interesting things.

Alcander, who is running a toy store on a commercial lot, built a children's "clubhouse" around a tree (which, unless you put it at the back of the lot, is really really hard to play) and is only selling things that seem like they fit the theme. He's planning on buying CycloneSue's Jungle Treehouse as soon as he can afford it. And my knowledge pair (Galen and Marsha) are going to pick up her haunted house for their gift shop/haunted museum. Sooo... I don't have any good pics of my own (unless someone wants to see them playing in dl'd houses or how I set them up to sell stuff). But I'd love to see everyone else's :)

I'm also planning on using a house that looks like a pirate ship for another toystore (if I can't find one I like, I'll have to build it myself) and building an abandoned railrroad station converted to a cafe.

Unsouper
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2006 March 29, 03:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw another idea over at N99...Dinner Theater. The simmer who did it put it together really well.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 March 29, 04:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simmiecal where did you get the barn red wallpaper in your farm pictures?
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 March 29, 04:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simmiecal where did you get the barn red wallpaper in your farm pictures?

TSR - they had a "theme week" where their creators made a bunch of farm stuff. If you check TSR out for farm stuff, I'd recommend that you check out:  CycloneSue, Windkeeper, and Simaddict99.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 March 29, 05:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thanks Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: