More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 12:56:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Top the sports career, satisfy the LTW and get -15,536 influence points!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Top the sports career, satisfy the LTW and get -15,536 influence points!  (Read 3247 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Top the sports career, satisfy the LTW and get -15,536 influence points!
« on: 2009 May 19, 12:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup that's a minus; -15,536 influence points!  My servo Jeeves is still at 0 influence points days later, so it looks like the game has stored a negative rather than resetting to 0.  He doesn't have many friends, so his influence bar is not full size.  There's no error message and no error log.

Anyone seen anything like this before?  Any thoughts on whether it's a self-contained trivial problem or something messier?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
Re: Top the sports career, satisfy the LTW and get -15,536 influence points!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 19, 12:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a full game - all EPs and SPs.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 19, 12:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your sim has the OFB perk that gives 5x influence points.  The points he accrued for satisfying his LTW x 5 was higher than the maximum number allowed for the field.

This is a known bug, and I don't think Pescado ever got around to fixing it (or if he did, he never told us).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 19, 12:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,14944.0.html

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 19, 12:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you!  I obviously put the wrong things in the search box or I'd have found that thread myself.  He probably has the 5x influence perk as he owns a business and shares a house with a sim who has all the perks.  The fact that his influence bar is small probably had some effect too.  If it's a simple overflow not affecting other fields, I guess Pescado didn't feel moved to fix it.  Though it's definitely an annoyance if the sim affected really has to earn 15,536 influence points to get back to 0! 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: