The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here

<< < (2/667) > >>

dragonic:
Quote from: Eva on 2010 June 04, 19:08:03

You'll need to set up your game files (framework) differently to use custom content with Ambitions and its related patches.  You will need the new resource file that you can find at Mod the Sims to use custom content with Ambitions and the newest patch.  You can find it (and how to set the new framework up) here:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Post_Patch_1.12/2.7/3.3

Hooray for the new Framework installer tool!
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=384014
All hail Delphy!

virgali:
It says that we can post questions about the TS3 store items here so I hope I'm posting this in the right thread. I was wondering if anybody got their hands on the $20 bonus item and/or know what the item is? A link to a picture of it maybe?

Also Snooty mentioned new hairstyles along with the Beach, sun, sand release. Are these included in the download thread or are they still needed?

Drakron:
Quote from: virgali on 2010 June 04, 22:15:25

It says that we can post questions about the TS3 store items here so I hope I'm posting this in the right thread. I was wondering if anybody got their hands on the $20 bonus item and/or know what the item is? A link to a picture of it maybe?

You mean the buy points incentives? this month they are all pointless badges, sticker and /background crap, they are USELESS!

Also Snooty mentioned new hairstyles along with the Beach, sun, sand release. Are these included in the download thread or are they still needed?

Again, we only had sets ... no separate from the sets items.

gelfling:
Quote from: richardajoy on 2010 June 04, 10:55:36

Quote from: morriganrant on 2010 June 04, 10:48:24

Quote from: richardajoy on 2010 June 04, 10:27:53

Hi all I need some advice.

I have roughly 2gb of package files and i've been trying to convert them to Sim3Pack files using TSR Workshop. The conversion initially goes according to plan but after installing and running Sims 3, the objects don't look exactly right, they're colour is off and I can't alter it. Is there another means to convert package to sim3pack that won't cause problems with the mesh.

Why are you converting them to Sim3pack? Do you mean you are trying to convert them into one big .package file or what?

No. Due to slow load times, I did merge the package files, but due to the shear size of the merged files, Sims 3 is now running slower than usual. I read that using Sims 3 Workshop and converting package files individually (which would take forever for the amount I have) will speed up Sims 3 as sim3pack files use up far less processing power when loading.

I've tried converting before, but the mesh of the converted files didn't look quite right and I've followed TSR's walkthrough, but still nothing.

Did you merge all of your packages into a single 2Gb file? If so it is no wonder that you noticed your game slow down. Try merging them in batches of no more than 200MB. If your game still seems to be slower than before you have probably got some bad CC that you will either need to fix with Delphy's tools or remove.

virgali:
@ Drakron. I didn't even know the bonus items changed every month. Is there a place where I can see a list of bonus items from each month?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page