The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here

(1/667) > >>

BastDawn:
Do you have Store stuff to share?  Post it here, with a link to the off-site location, and your post will be moved to the Downloads Only thread by a moderator.

Are you having problems installing Store stuff acquired from the Downloads Only thread?  Describe your problem here, and perhaps someone can help you.

If you have no problems with your own Store stuff because you know exactly what you are doing, feel free to give the n00bs in this thread a hand -- at least they are posting their questions in the right place.

This thread may be subject to occasional pruning.  Information of lasting usefulness should be saved elsewhere.

Drakron:
I would not advise use TSR Workshop to "convert" .package files as I notice it have a bad habit of ditching some of textures files.

There is a way around it that is export the .dds and import then back but its just annoying, also some older and odd stuff cannot be loaded properly,.

(damn, forgot the not)

bigpooh:
in short: i cant get the EA store stuff (decrapified and in dbc  and what not in documents/electronic arts/the sims 3/DCCache, I also tried in yadda yadda yadda the sims 3/mods/DCCache with the line PackageFile Mods/packages/*dbc added to the resource config) to show up in game. what am i doing wrong?

Im sure this question gets asked a lot since others typically hate EA as much as i. Im just getting back into the sims (havent played in months) to check out ambitions and have just learned that EA has unleashed some sort of fuckery thats making i difficult for people to add EA store items. So i skimmed this thread first and found that dbc is the ideal format for EA store stuff. Then i followed the directions in this thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17707.0.html to create and install dbc, but nothing will show up in game.

I'm pretty sure i missed a step or put the stuff in the wrong place, if anyone could fill me in on what i did wrong that'd be cool.

Eva:
Quote from: bigpooh on 2010 June 04, 18:30:21

So i skimmed this thread first and found that dbc is the ideal format for EA store stuff. Then i followed the directions in this thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17707.0.html to create and install dbc, but nothing will show up in game.
FYI:  I never use dbc files and all my custom content shows up in the game and works great with both Ambitions and World Adventures installed.  I use package files.  I've used S3pe to combine a lot of package files, and my game plays fast and quite smoothly. I'm not sure why people don't use package files.  They work perfectly once you learn how to combine/merge them with s3pe to avoid lag, and that's only necessary if you have more than 400 package files or so.  Using s3pe is easy once you learn how. I don't see the need to use dbc files at all.  I haven't had any problem at all using package files, and I have both expansions and am all the way patched up.

You'll need to set up your game files (framework) differently to use custom content with Ambitions and its related patches.  You will need the new resource file that you can find at Mod the Sims to use custom content with Ambitions and the newest patch.  You can find it (and how to set the new framework up) here:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Post_Patch_1.12/2.7/3.3

bigpooh:
Quote from: Eva on 2010 June 04, 19:08:03

Quote from: bigpooh on 2010 June 04, 18:30:21

So i skimmed this thread first and found that dbc is the ideal format for EA store stuff. Then i followed the directions in this thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17707.0.html to create and install dbc, but nothing will show up in game.
FYI:  I never use dbc files and all my custom content shows up in the game and works great with both Ambitions and World Adventures installed.  I use package files.  I've used S3pe to combine a lot of package files, and my game plays fast and quite smoothly. I'm not sure why people don't use package files.  They work perfectly once you learn how to combine/merge them with s3pe to avoid lag, and that's only necessary if you have more than 400 package files or so.  Using s3pe is easy once you learn how. I don't see the need to use dbc files at all.  I haven't had any problem at all using package files, and I have both expansions and am all the way patched up.

You'll need to set up your game files (framework) differently to use custom content with Ambitions and its related patches.  You will need the new resource file that you can find at Mod the Sims to use custom content with Ambitions and the newest patch.  You can find it (and how to set the new framework up) here:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Post_Patch_1.12/2.7/3.3

i was using my pre-ambition cfg. Everything works now, kudos for the link

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page