More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 10:55:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Originally a "Power Outage" in the game? Could modders plz help get it back?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Originally a "Power Outage" in the game? Could modders plz help get it back?  (Read 30753 times)
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Originally a "Power Outage" in the game? Could modders plz help get it back?
« on: 2008 July 25, 18:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard there is some "Power Outage" scenario hidden in the original game. There was supposed to be weather in the game (even without Seasons) and every so often a Power Outage may occur. A popup will then appear asking whether you want to try to keep your Sims in good mood even though there's no electricity... If you succeed, you will be rewarded a wind-energy generator.

People said all the hidden contents were already in the original Sims 2. Just wonder if it is possible to make it back into the game? Well, I dun care about the generator stuff, I guess some1 has made it available as a decorative item already... I just think it would be cool if that Power Outage can be made available again.....

Just some suggestions: the power outage may happen randomly (just like the burglar visit, BTW, how come the burglar has never visited any of my Sims so far? Is that the probability for that to occur is really really low? Tongue) and maybe during the thunderstorm in Seasons or when you use the weather changing machine from Seasons....

I'm really bad at modding stuff... All I know is how to clone and recolor objects... Can some real modders plz check if making such a hack is feasible? Wink
Hellyes
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Originally a "Power Outage" in the game? Could modders plz help get it back?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 25, 20:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but there is no such thing as a power outage scenario.  You must of heard a stupid rumor.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Originally a "Power Outage" in the game? Could modders plz help get it back?
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 25, 21:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, the power outages were really caused by the fire-breathing toddlers...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 25, 22:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only power outages that I know of in the game were caused by this.

Have fun storming the castle.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 26, 03:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard that story too.  IIRC Numenor at MTS2 mentioned it when he put in the windmill thingie he's got up there.  AFAIK he's the only one who knows anything about this.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 26, 03:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest insim has an option to turn off the electricity AND the water. Fun!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 26, 07:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The power/water code originally existed, but has basically been reduced to a vestigial stub that no longer functions because things don't adequately check for it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 26, 14:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't Carrigon have a hack that enabled this with the base game and early EPs?  I remember trying it and it was quite fun to vary the gameplay.  I don't know whether it works with the later EPs, especially Seasons, though but you might be better going over to Sims 2 Workshop and asking her.

Inteen for AL, yay!
MajorMercedes
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 26, 15:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just like the burglar visit, BTW, how come the burglar has never visited any of my Sims so far? Is that the probability for that to occur is really really low? Tongue
I asked myself the same question, and it seems like I'm always getting a burglar. Undecided
Be careful of what you wish for.

Being racist is so limiting. Why confine your hatred to specific skin colors, countries, or beliefs? The entire world can be yours to hate.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 26, 23:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the scenario existed.  Various aspects of it have been resurrected by different modders at different times, but I don't know whether anyone ever succeeded in enabling the whole thing or what exists that works with current EP/SP configurations.  Poke around Simslice (which is to say, the Booty) and MTS2's older objects and you should find some stuff relating to it.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 27, 00:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would've been kind of funny I bet. What would those little creatures do without their blogging machines??

Well, I guess we already know, judging by their reactions to the blogging machines being already occupied by someone else (the horror!)

I'd like to see them cry rather than yell though...just 'cause it makes me laugh when they cry. Roaches! Sob, sob!
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 27, 01:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played the scenario. Too bad I didn't get pictures. I can't remember what configuration I had, I think that it had been Base and Uni, with a mod from MTS2 that re-enabled rain. The power did go out(or at least said it did) and requested that you keep your sims entertained in the hour or so that it would be out. If you kept them happy then the wind generator appeared as a present from the sims city electrical company for basically being a good sport. Bit of a lame mini game, but I did like the electricity going out. I believe that after a Ep or two, that mod threw quite a few errors.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 27, 01:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bit of a lame mini game.
Yeah, it doesn't exactly sound difficult...at all. And what the hell does a wind generator do anyway? Make it so that future power outages don't matter? That's no fun.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 27, 01:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bit of a lame mini game.
Yeah, it doesn't exactly sound difficult...at all. And what the hell does a wind generator do anyway? Make it so that future power outages don't matter? That's no fun.

As far as I know, that's what it was supposed to do, but not in the case of the one that spawned with that mod. I did the scenario a few times and got a new one each time. I believe that it was buyable rain, the rain would last several sim hours, the electricity would go off almost every time. You could not save while the rain was on lot or it could possibly cause lot corruption.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 July 27, 01:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, I remember that mod actually. The Don't You Dare Ever Save While It's Raining Mod. Wasn't it from Carrigon?

I just didn't know it included the power outage scenario, or I might've actually given it a try. Oh, base game nostalgia.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 July 27, 02:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, I remember that mod actually. The Don't You Dare Ever Save While It's Raining Mod. Wasn't it from Carrigon?

I just didn't know it included the power outage scenario, or I might've actually given it a try. Oh, base game nostalgia.

It could have been, much too long back to remember whether or not Carrigon used to upload to MTS2. I hadn't been paying attention to name brands on hacks back then.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 July 27, 03:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, wouldn't be that hard to make sims have fun in the dark, just make them do what humans do when the lights go out. WOOHOO!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 July 27, 05:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some who play that one challenge that runs through time periods (I can't recall the name) play that way for generations. No phone, no lights, no tv, etc. I've kind of done it in poverty challenges, but only for a day or two.

What would be nice is if power going out in the winter meant they could freeze inside as well as outside. Where I grew up, we lost power every couple of months and the times it would go out for more than one day during January were loads of fun. Luckily we had a fireplace in the livingroom and we'd keep the fire going and sleep on air mattresses (that we had to blow up manually, of course) a safe distance away. Bathroom needs were extra fun after the first time someone had to do #2.

Now I wonder why we never stayed the night in a hotel or over at a relative's.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 July 27, 05:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but there is no such thing as a power outage scenario.  You must of heard a stupid rumor.

Are you sure? If you aren't sure, dun come to any conclusion that early... Just a little piece of advice for you, dun act smart when you actually aren't, it's quite disturbing.... LOL Grin
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 July 27, 14:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

am I smoking crack, or did they re-enable the power outages in seasons on a low chance during thunderstorms? I'm sure I read something in the booklet that came with my seasons box saying there was a risk of a power outage for a few hours during severe thunder storms but I've yet to see one myself...

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 July 27, 14:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure? If you aren't sure, dun come to any conclusion that early... Just a little piece of advice for you, dun act smart when you actually aren't, it's quite disturbing.... LOL Grin

-grabs the popcorn and prepares to watch the fur fly-

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 July 27, 16:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could have told you that from the opening post, but everyone seemed to want to take it seriously.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 July 27, 17:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kids, if you're going to fight about stupidity and the having thereof, it may enhance both your arguments to take note:
"You must HAVE heard."
"DON'T come, and DON'T act smart."

Right, then. Proceed.
*yoinks some of Strangel's popcorn*

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 July 27, 19:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kids, if you're going to fight about stupidity and the having thereof, it may enhance both your arguments to take note:
"You must HAVE heard."

Liz, head to the thank you thread.

Power outages?  I have some sort of blinking memory of this...do Sims even still require lights and windows for environment scores?  I swear I saw on a house-building tutorial that they don't care anymore.  I'm only asking because if they don't, this would be a harder thing to bring back, wouldn't it? 

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 July 28, 00:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"You must HAVE heard."

For providing aid to the Grammar Police, you have been awarded a special prize:

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: