More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 02:04:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Fears and Wants that don't trigger
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fears and Wants that don't trigger  (Read 25528 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Fears and Wants that don't trigger
« Reply #25 on: 2008 April 10, 06:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Buy a karaoke machine" never triggers for me (I'm playing with just the EPs up to Pets)

For some reason, I think they changed (and thus broke) that with pets.  Before pets, the want was "buy a stereo costing at least X" (which only the karaoke machine (and DJ booth?) could fulfill), when EAxis changed the name of the want, they probably also changed the "want category", but didn't change the karaoke machine itself.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
SpaceDoll
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 April 10, 07:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish this did work in my game. It's especially annoying at college during winter (I've got a bunch there right now) and all the family members are at school/work.
I could be imagining this, but I think it only works due to an Awesome mod. I don't recall which one...at all.

I don't know why, but I seem to remember when whatever mod this was first came into play, and I'm sure it was many expansion packs ago.

Actually, it may not even be an Awesome mod. Oh, I don't know. Too many years of simming fried me completely.
I know that it does work for me, as my Uni students get this want and fulfill it constantly.  It might be due to a mod, but if so it must almost certainly be an awesome mod, as I have very few others, none of which should affect this, I think.  Stuff like the TwoJeffs college adjuster, Atavera's animated windows, Christianlov's clothing rack, etc.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 April 10, 10:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of which, how the heck do you fulfill the "Win Gaming Contest" want?  My started it, another Sim joined in and lost, and then he just went on and on and on playing by himself.  I had to cancel it eventually because it was time for sleep.

If only I could actually get the gaming contests to that point it would be an improvement. I had a sim start one and when another sim tried to join she turned on the computer, waited, inserted the cd, waited, then just repeated the cycle over and over. Meanwhile my sim has already been playing SSX3 for about 2 sim hours.

You need a community lot with just computers, and no other fun objects. You get loads of people joining then. I have one, I'll upload it later.

I uploaded it here if anyone wants it. I had to make a new one as mine is full of CC. Easier just to rebuild from scratch using the Maxis crap.

FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 April 10, 19:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a number of wants that don't fulfill in my game (NL, OFB, Pests, SSN), beginning with "Influence to Prank".  It doesn't work even on plantsims, who are the only ones in my game who have the interaction available.  "Talk to a Relative" (by phone) and "Get Fit" are trash, as are a lot of the LTWs that I encountered for the first time with Seasons - 20 Best Friends, Golden Anniversary, Max 7.

The "Buy a Stereo Costing $xx" didn't fill either with the DJ booth or by purchasing a karaoke machine.  It did, however, start getting filled when I finally installed GLS.  It seems that there a few stray wants that need tidying up.
Yimmit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 April 11, 04:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tonight I had a business owner with the want to promote his cashier to manager. I put her on sales and she got her requisite 5 badges. He promoted her to manager, but the want didn't trigger.
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 April 13, 07:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right before I installed FT I had a sim father with a want for his daughter to 'be an overachiever', teen in question was at the top of her carreer and had an A...came back from school the next day with an A+...want didn't trigger.  Haven't had a chance to try to reproduce the problem as I'm currently trying to track down a hack that I apparently forgot to update/remove...

- ElenaRoan
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 April 13, 08:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be an over-achiever they have to have the A+ before they hit the top of the teen career.  Has been that way since the base game.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 April 15, 09:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be an over-achiever they have to have the A+ before they hit the top of the teen career.  Has been that way since the base game.

hmmm...didn't know that.  Thanks.  That's usually the way it happens with me, this was the first time the other way around...the teen had an A+ but for some reason it went down to an A right before she got the promotion.

- ElenaRoan
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 April 15, 17:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Buy a Stereo Costing $xx" didn't fill either with the DJ booth or by purchasing a karaoke machine.  It did, however, start getting filled when I finally installed GLS.  It seems that there a few stray wants that need tidying up.

The DJ Booth and Karaoke Machine don't count as stereos, that's true. Was there a want for a stereo costing more than the most expensive stereo in the base game?

Dive in!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2008 April 16, 07:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. I played base game only for a long time.  I think that sort of problem crept in with the EPs.  If you didn't have an EP, you'd occasionally get wants that couldn't be fulfilled because the required item belonged to the EP you didn't have.  Slow dance was the one that drove me crazy when I didn't have NL. It rolled pretty much every time a sim went to a community lot.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2008 April 16, 07:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it isn't an important want but the 'look through telescope' want doesn't trigger either.

Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 April 16, 12:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're talking about the "Stargaze" want, I've triggered that one successfully several times now with Free Time.  It has to be after 7pm, of course.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2008 April 16, 13:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it is the 'look through telescope' want that pleasure sims always seem to get. The stargazing want triggers just fine. I am wondering if it is because I have 'No Shoving from Look Through' installed. It always worked with that installed with the other EPs. The only other telescope-related hack I have installed recently is Inge's Community Telescope Fix. Doubt if it is that though. Undecided

Yimmit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 April 16, 16:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it is the 'look through telescope' want that pleasure sims always seem to get. The stargazing want triggers just fine. I am wondering if it is because I have 'No Shoving from Look Through' installed.

I've only had that one trigger after the neighbor comes and shoves. I believe the actual name of the want is "Look at Neighbors," not "Look Through Telescope."
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2008 April 16, 16:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it is definitely 'Look through telescope," and it is the same when you select the action from the telescope.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 April 16, 20:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought that wants not triggering just happened randomly, and that it isn't tied to any want in particular. I've had this happen, but never really noticed a pattern.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2008 April 16, 22:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it is the 'look through telescope' want that pleasure sims always seem to get. The stargazing want triggers just fine. I am wondering if it is because I have 'No Shoving from Look Through' installed.

I've only had that one trigger after the neighbor comes and shoves. I believe the actual name of the want is "Look at Neighbors," not "Look Through Telescope."

It is 'look at neighbors' Cheesy

I'll remove the 'no shoving' hack and see if it triggers it.

Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 April 16, 23:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An annoyance I noticed in my game: my fortune sims roll the want "buy rug costing 3500". Problem is, the most expensive rug in my game (all EPs up to seasons) is about 1k (?) so it's impossible to fulfill. Ever.  Roll Eyes

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2008 April 17, 06:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An annoyance I noticed in my game: my fortune sims roll the want "buy rug costing 3500". Problem is, the most expensive rug in my game (all EPs up to seasons) is about 1k (?) so it's impossible to fulfill. Ever.  Roll Eyes

I haven't ever seen that want! I'm wondering if that has something to do with coding for the Glamour Life rugs-they are pretty expensive. You could always clone a rug you like with Object Workshop in SimPe, change the price to §4000 and import it to your game. Just make sure you put it in the rug category.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 April 17, 07:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just make sure you put it in the rug category.

Actually, it doesn't matter what category it's in.  There's a line in object data called "want category" and that's the one that identifies an object as a rug.  I've cloned a lot of paintings, and just changed the want category, for easy fulfilling.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2008 April 17, 08:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just make sure you put it in the rug category.

Actually, it doesn't matter what category it's in.  There's a line in object data called "want category" and that's the one that identifies an object as a rug.  I've cloned a lot of paintings, and just changed the want category, for easy fulfilling.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I couldn't remember the specifics. Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 April 17, 11:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death To Emma.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2008 April 17, 11:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of which, how the heck do you fulfill the "Win Gaming Contest" want?  My started it, another Sim joined in and lost, and then he just went on and on and on playing by himself.  I had to cancel it eventually because it was time for sleep.

If only I could actually get the gaming contests to that point it would be an improvement. I had a sim start one and when another sim tried to join she turned on the computer, waited, inserted the cd, waited, then just repeated the cycle over and over. Meanwhile my sim has already been playing SSX3 for about 2 sim hours.

You need a community lot with just computers, and no other fun objects. You get loads of people joining then. I have one, I'll upload it later.

I fulfilled the "Win Gaming Contest" want in home lot, but you have to make two playables compete each other. Visitors never join the contest. Waste of time in home lot, as only one playable can fulfill the want. Better to fulfill this want at an internet cafe community lot like Emma's.

Lord Darcy yoinks yet another Emma's lot. Cheesy

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2008 April 17, 13:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks LD.

*Emma moons Pescado

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2008 May 07, 14:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that buying a sauna (4000$) doesn't satisfy they want to buy a game costing 3000+$ even though it's in the right bit of the buy catalog. You have to buy the bowling alley which satisfies the next want up the money chain as well.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: