More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 21:21:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My sims just had the weirdest night ever!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My sims just had the weirdest night ever!  (Read 7983 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
My sims just had the weirdest night ever!
« on: 2005 October 18, 07:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I'm exhausted from it!

This family (my Legacy family, of all things) just had the most bizarre time I've seen in a sim household and believe me, I've seen some bizarre times.

The family consists of Alistair, a knowledge dad; Amy, a family mom; Leo, a romance roomie; Bianca the child daughter; Braun, the toddler son; and now, ummm I'm not so sure of his name yet--for the moment it's Berry Green, the new alien baby.

When Leo isn't babysitting or cleaning house, he spends his time romancing the ladies.  He was up to four loves when he decided he needed to pursue a fifth.  His four other ladies are the Diva, a vampire, a waitress from the restaurant, and a family Downtownie.  He decided to take Breanna out to dinner.  The evening got off to a great start and he found that it didn't matter whether they had anything in common or not, they could communicate with love and decided to dine.  Well, his waitress girlfriend happened to be on shift that night and she came to the table to take their order and OOPS!  Here her beloved Leo was cheating on her!  Now never mind the fact she's a Romance sim too and would do the same thing given the chance!  So, she decides she's going to slap Leo around a bit and finally Leo runs off with Breanna to the neighborhood spa.

Finally, Leo comes home and it's time to get everyone to bed for the night (I need my sims to sleep worse than they need to sleep LOL).  This is also the night before Alistair is going to give birth to his alien baby.  So, everyone's tucked in for the night when I see movement out on the front stoop and it's Breanna dropping off a nice statue for Leo in memory of their great date.  No problem!  I decide not to sell the statue since the family is no longer strapped for cash and hey, it looks kind of good on the porch, after all!

I'm not sure if that statue was the trigger or not, but pretty quick I see Buy Mode go disabled and hear a bizarre sound--the one in addition to the burglar alarm.  Into the house runs a burglar, and this is a different one from the last time!  Of course the cop showed up--this one too a different one from last time.  (Now this is really good in a way because I haven't yet decided on the family heir and we're a little short on knowing many prospective spouses at this point).  So of course everyone's running around the house like crazy, with the exception of Braun who's still in his crib.  I finally set Bianca to drinking some juice which slows things down a hair.  Alistair and Amy, of course, run off to the bathroom where they start flirting like mad.  Leo was just running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

The cop apparently rounded up the burglar and put him in the car because she was coming back into the house when Alistair started having his baby.  She came running into the bathroom, sort of looked around, left a message about the $500 reward money and took off.  All the while, the burglar alarm is still blaring, even after the cop left.  I saw movement out by the porch and went to check, and it was Nancy, the waitress from the restaurant apparently stalking Leo.  Then ANOTHER cop comes running into the house and lecturing Alistair about calling emergencies when there isn't one (no one picked up the phone and made a call but the burglar alarm is still ringing) and so they ended up being fined the $500 reward money (easy come, easy go apparently).  The burglar alarm was still ringing so I sold it hoping it would stop and that didn't do it.  It still kept blaring like mad.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw something that looked very odd.  It was the burglar!  He had somehow managed to get away from the cop and was just meandering around the lot like he didn't know what to do.  I clicked on him with Alistair selected and my options were the general service people options.  I had Alistair go talk to him for a moment, then quickly bought one of Inge's teleporter-plus shrubs and cleared the lot of all visitors before yet another cop could show up and fine the family again.

One thing I'll say is thank goodness it's Saturday and at least some of the people will have the day off!  I declare, this was worse than the night Dagmar died in the middle of fixing dinner for the headmaster! LOL

SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: My sims just had the weirdest night ever!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 18, 08:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Very amusing! I hope I get to spend extended periods playing soon. (just need to finish the move, the redecorating etc, etc  Tongue)

INTJ
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 18, 08:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, shoot!  Just unpack what you need, donate the rest to charity and you'll be all set!  Grin

We moved last year just before TS2 came out.  I waited until pretty near the last to set up my computer because I knew I'd be lost in it with the new game.  So, when I did set it up I got onto Amazon and ordered TS2 with overnight shipping and was back in business!  I was lucky enough to get to play for a while before everything in my life went crazy and it's still kind of crazy at the moment.  The last few days, though, I've had some kind of flu bug, and I don't recover well from those at all, so when that happens I'm under strict orders from my hubby to relax and spend time getting better, and end up spending quite a bit of time on the PC.

SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 18, 09:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I have the flu I am under strict orders from hubby to lay down and stay off the puter.  Sad
And I don't feel comfortable leaving all the work around the house for him either.

But I am sure I will have some time to play pretty soon. This weekend maybe?

INTJ
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 18, 11:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just shows, it pays to turn your burglars into babies!

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 18, 16:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just shows, it pays to turn your burglars into babies!

Zephyr, now if I'd have turned those burglars into babies I would've missed out on all that hilarity!  And my Legacy family would've missed out on meeting three more NPCs!  Grin

Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 18, 17:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!  Misty, that was a night to remember!!!  Too bad you didn't make a movie of all that. 
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 18, 17:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!  Misty, that was a night to remember!!!  Too bad you didn't make a movie of all that. 

Indeed!  The thought never even occurred to me, though.  And I've not been taking a lot of pictures of that family because I end up with too many and my already bogged game gets even boggier.

I was thinking afterwards, 'And to think people go through great lengths to create such drama for their albums or movies!' LOL

Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 18, 18:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's even better than when my elder decided to die while taking a bath.  She stood there in her cowboy hat and all her pixelated nakie glory, while Grimmy, the hula dancers, 5 family members and 2 friends tried to cram into a 3x3 bathroom.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 18, 18:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's even better than when my elder decided to die while taking a bath.  She stood there in her cowboy hat and all her pixelated nakie glory, while Grimmy, the hula dancers, 5 family members and 2 friends tried to cram into a 3x3 bathroom.

So tell me, did you have a pixelated ghost?  Grin   That's just hilarious! LOL

Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 18, 18:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So tell me, did you have a pixelated ghost?  Grin   That's just hilarious! LOL

Sadly, no.  I guess in the Afterlife modesty rules.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 18, 18:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a shame. It would have been quite funny to have all of the living sims being "shocked" to see the ghost of their deceased relative in the nude. Shocked
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 20, 05:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first installed NL,I had started the game over,so I first went to Don's house and he went on a date with Cassie, then after the date while he was downtown he ran into Nina so he askes her out, then after that date,he called Katelyn and asked her out.  Well,you probably see where this went.  When he got home,all three of the girls dropped off the roses at the same time.  They couldn't do anything about it right then but there was a whole chorus of bongs.  He has been paying for it ever since.  I must remember to put no jealousy on if I do that again.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 20, 06:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's sure never a dull moment with this family!  They just went through another 'episode' that's just too rich.

It was time to try to get the kids into Private School and I have to admit I've only tried this twice and succeeded once so the whole thing makes me plain nervous.

So, we called the old Headmaster and he said sure, have dinner ready, yada, yada, yada.  He arrived and I set Bianca on greeting him, giving him the tour, etc.  After all, she's the one who wanted to get into Private School so let's let her impress the dude!

She chatted for a while and was doing really well on schmooze points--had something like 23.  Then she took him for a tour of the house and she was dually impressed.

By that time, Mom had dinner (pork chops) ready so everyone went to eat.  The HM ate and I looked at the score and wasn't getting any 'food' points!  I was trying to figure out what was going on (remember, I'm still new to this whole HM thing) and thought, 'Well, maybe he's still hungry or something.'  I decided Mom could fix some dessert so had her cook up a dish of crepe suzettes.

All during this time Bianca's making great headway with the headmaster and things are going smoothly, all except the food thing.  I looked over at the mom (her name's Amy, by the way) and she was standing in front of the fridge, holding the plate high over her head (she was supposed to be serving it) when all of a sudden she burst into flames!  She wasn't cooking.  She wasn't even standing near the stove and *poof*!  Burnination!

I discovered the HM is really a clever guy--he moved to the farthest end of the kitchen away from the horrible burning lady.  Bianca stood there panicked.  Alistair was panicked.  I clicked out the 'fire' icon in his queue and told him to extinguish the fire.  Shortly afterward the fire department got there and between them all they managed to put her out.

Of course at this point everyone's needing the bathroom, a shower and what not.  I thought to Bianca, 'Well, honey, you may end up marrying this guy someday so he may as well see you for what you really are, stinky and all.  I clicked on him for her to talk with him again and that's when I noticed there was still the 'Entertain>Call to Dinner' option available.  I thought how weird!

What I had inadvertently done was use the serving option to call him to dinner, so my sims never got a food score.

Later on, they had the HM over again and this time it was a smashing success.  They had something like 123/99 points:  55 for the tour, 40 for the food and the rest were schmooze points.  He politely informed the family with over two hours left in the HM scenario that they were more than welcome at his Private School.

As for Bianca, she just might end up marrying the grocery guy instead! LOL

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 20, 11:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that was funny! What on earth made her catch fire, I wonder. I've heard of spontaneous combustion in real life, maybe the sims have it, too!
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 20, 14:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was she by any chance making Baked Alaska?
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 20, 15:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the crepes are set on fire before serving as well
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 20, 17:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the crepes are set on fire before serving as well

I guess that would explain it.  From now on my sims probably won't be eating crepes at home--at least not the ones I want to live! Wink

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: