More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 16:08:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cannot drink coffee - SOLVED / (Cannot mix drinks - ANSWERED)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cannot drink coffee - SOLVED / (Cannot mix drinks - ANSWERED)  (Read 2544 times)
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Cannot drink coffee - SOLVED / (Cannot mix drinks - ANSWERED)
« on: 2006 March 24, 13:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On my residential  lot (homebusiness with ticketmachine) I cannot make coffee anymore (with none of the coffeemachines) and with the bars, I only have the jugglingoption (and with the NL bars, the barista option) but I cannot mix drinks. Embarrassed Huh
The only thing I did after installing the patch was testing the MTS2 coffeehacks, which should make coffeedrinking less attraktive - but these should not have been related to bars anyway - and I am currently testing the MTS2 motivestop hacks for exercisemachines and pianoplaying. And I removed the finalfix and the noservochores, since that should have been fixed with the patch. I have already removed the coffeerelated hacks and I checked with clean installer for having overlooked possible duplicates, but the options to drink coffee or to mix a drink did not return.
Up to now I only used hacks from Pescado, TwoJeffs, Inga, Crammyboy and Merolas Multipainting and the game was fine. With OFB - since some game features have become so annoying - I also dared to try some MTS2 hacks from Squinge and the ones I mentioned from Eddief66. I never download any lots from he exchange, so no hacks I do not know about.
Unluckily I did not test the game after installing the patch (before everything was fine) and before trying the new hacks, my fault. So I cannot say exactly what caused the problem.
Can anyone help? Anyone having a similar problem?
These are the MTS2 hacks I have been using for the first time:
DateCounter
noStayingInHotTub
OFB_AllwaysStayAfterMakeover
OFB_noDuplicateMemories
OFB_ShowerBath
All_EPS_PianoMotiveStop
ExerciseMotivestop
Eddief66_Punching Bag and recolors
ExerciseMotiveStop
Eddief66_Treadmill
LessAttractive Expresso (REMOVED)
LessAttractiveCoffeMaker (REMOVED)
LessAttractiveOrigLargeExpresso (REMOVED)

Or could it be one of my "old" hacks which worked fine until the patch (too many to list them all, since I am addicted to MATY)?
PLEASE HELP!

« Last Edit: 2006 March 24, 19:39:25 by Nadira » Logged
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
Re: Cannot drink coffee / Cannot mix drinks
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 24, 15:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i know of a game bug that when you have a home business, all bars loose the option to "Make drinks".

the original bars only get the option to "Juggle", and the NL bars only get the options "Tend bar", and "Order drink..."

if you close the business however, you get those options back.

As for the coffe machines.. i don't know

look at this thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3691.0
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 24, 16:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! Well, I had read your post but didnīt think the "bar-bug" would apply to me since I had not noticed it prior to installing the patch (might be I just did not try, if I remember correctly when I installed OFB and went into home-businesses most bars were either filled or not used anyway).
Well, I CAN do without the bars (although I might run into a problem with my fun-sims, which I am not currently playing, who at least once a  day wish either to mix a drink or to have a drink or both at the same time ....). And - besides - if I already HAD the problem without noticing it, why did the d....... patch not fix it? - Maxis again!?!?!?
But what about making coffee? If the missing option was caused  by a faulty hack, should it not be reset to normal by removing the hack? I just have to to be absolutely sure itīs not caused by anything else (any other hack or the patch itself) before de- and reinstalling OFB!
So - the bar issue being settled (although unsatisfactorily):
CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THE COFFEE PROBLEM?
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 24, 17:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, what exactly happens when they try to make coffee? The action just drops off the queue or the option wasn't even available at all? Were you trying to use the espresso machine or the cheapo one? What kind of counter did you place the coffee machines on?

My sims were unable to use the espresso machine (action dropped off queue) that I've placed on the 'locker-room counterfeit' thingy  - the one that you have to attach to a wall - after I installed OFB. There was also a small stereo under the counter that I've placed with moveobjects to save place. So I moved the espresso machine to a regular counter to see if it's a coffee machine problem or a counter problem, turned out it was a counter problem, and I also couldn't put the espresso machine back to where it was without moveobjects. I solved that by moving out the small stereo first, put the espresso machine back (not sure if it could be done without the moveobjects cheat) then stick the stereo back under the counter. My sims were able to make/serve espresso again. Weird thing is, they stand to one side (where the lever thingy is) and face it that way while making coffee instead of standing directly in front of it. Dunno if it's because of the counter or because I've placed something underneath it though, I didn't try it. Tongue
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Cannot drink coffee - SOLVED / (Cannot mix drinks - ANSWERED)
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 24, 19:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THANKS A LOT, YOU REALLY HELPED! I did not think of THAT! To save space I have got accustomed to placing all my small coffeemachines on hacked dressers (by Merola), which also could be used as endtables - without any problems until OFB. I had simply forgotten the fact! But with OFB, something seems to have been changed - the dressers still work without problems, but it seems objects placed on them cannot be used anymore!
And I found out the problem with the big coffeebar was not the same - it was really caused by the hack. After removing it and reverting to maxismade coffeebars all options are available again.
Halleluja, my evening (itīs 8 pm here) is saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin My stupid oversights seem to be accumulating and they prove - I am really urgently in need of some relaxing antistress therapy like playing sims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: