More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 07:30:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims won't accept makeovers, except for free!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims won't accept makeovers, except for free!  (Read 7242 times)
Sorina
Asinine Airhead

YOU! Off my planet!

View Profile
Sims won't accept makeovers, except for free!
« on: 2008 April 09, 09:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is really, REALLY starting to annoy me!  Angry

Here's the deal:
Every time I try to offer sim a makeover, he/she won't accept it - no matter the price, which is now being the ridiculous amount of 5 simoleans.
This happens with all ages and both sexes. But when I offer free makeover to someone, they always accept it! What's with that?

It's nice owning a beauty salon, when your customers have balloon fights most of the time they're on the lot and they only accept your offers if you're willing to give away your goods for free!

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Sims won't accept makeovers, except for free!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 09, 10:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, I have found the makeover chair totally useless, for the reasons you say.  Not one sim in my game has ever paid for a makeover no matter how many successful makeovers the stylist has previously completed.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Sorina
Asinine Airhead

YOU! Off my planet!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 09, 10:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone should definitely make a mod for this, if it's possible!

I only use the makeup-chair for "townie-prettyfication/handsomizing".  Cheesy

Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 09, 10:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works fine for me. I rarely use the 'Offer Makeover' option, though: I just have my Sim 'Be Stylist' and undock her to do sales once the Townies have put up sales meters of their own accord. It's slower, and you occasionally miss one if you don't dock the Sim back behind the chair fast enough, but Phyllis makes a decent taking every day. Around $200 for four makeovers is much better than a crappy Elder job, at least Tongue
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 09, 10:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works fine for me too. My barber in Windlebridge has two chairs, and if they both are manned, clients come to get hairdos all the time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 09, 11:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

z
Here's the deal:
Every time I try to offer sim a makeover, he/she won't accept it - no matter the price, which is now being the ridiculous amount of 5 simoleans.
This happens with all ages and both sexes. But when I offer free makeover to someone, they always accept it! What's with that?
Try the "salonfix". This was rebroken during OFBp2 -> Pets, and never fixed again. It might still be in /test.

It's nice owning a beauty salon, when your customers have balloon fights most of the time they're on the lot and they only accept your offers if you're willing to give away your goods for free!
Sounds like you need nopedostalkers + antiprank.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

ISFP - now more Introverted than Pescado!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 09, 11:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you need nopedostalkers + antiprank.

OK, this is going to sound foolish but what does nopedostalkers do? If it's in the DC I have it, so I'm assuming it's good. I did a search and nothing came up.

I could say it's a hack to prevent people from stalking me but I'm not that snowflake special to have my own mod like Emma Cheesy

Fuck you, Old Man. Fuck you.
Sorina
Asinine Airhead

YOU! Off my planet!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 09, 11:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, where can I get antiprank and nopedostalkers? Can't find them.  Undecided

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 09, 12:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could say it's a hack to prevent people from stalking me but I'm not that snowflake special to have my own mod like Emma Cheesy[/quote
]It eliminates the creepy pedophile behavior of sims going and badgering strange children (or the other way around), and also eliminates the ability of sims to psychotically detect you from the opposite end of a huge lot and stalking over to you to annoy you: Their visibility is restricted to only other sims that they can see. And yes, it prevents people from stalking you.

JM, where can I get antiprank and nopedostalkers? Can't find them.  Undecided
Director's Cut.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 09, 12:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the explanation, Pescado.

At least now I'll never have stalkers! Tongue

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 09, 14:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've come to the conclusion that you need a stylist standing at the chair before they will browse it as well.  Is that right? 

I find one-sim salon businesses pretty hard to run.  What I've done before is put a pay-as-you-go meter on the lot and given free makeovers.  When it's gone up a few levels and the sim isn't broke any more, I've hired a stylist and ditched the ticket machine.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 09, 14:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My salons also sell clothes.  I find that when the business hits level 7 or so, customers suddenly start browsing the chair.  Even if no one is assigned to it, they will browse.  I have seen two sims browsing the same chair, with no stylist assigned.

I may have to try out that test fix.  It would be novel to have salons that actually worked.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 09, 14:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the explanation, Pescado.

At least now I'll never have stalkers! Tongue
Yes, you get to be sad and lonely and have no one to pedo you.

Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 09, 14:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you get to be sad and lonely and have no one to pedo you.

*tear*

Nah, I'll have no-one to pedo me but I won't be sad and lonely. Real Life FTW!

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 10, 11:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My salons also sell clothes.  I find that when the business hits level 7 or so, customers suddenly start browsing the chair.  Even if no one is assigned to it, they will browse.  I have seen two sims browsing the same chair, with no stylist assigned.

I may have to try out that test fix.  It would be novel to have salons that actually worked.

I wonder if the level of the business would make a difference simply because their are more sims hanging around.  If the other attractions are in use, some of them may have nothing more interesting to do than browse the chair.  Maybe it's just not advertising itself hard enough?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 10, 16:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims used to run a makeover business, and she was able to sell makeovers just fine, even with a beginner level business. I had one sim set as a stylist, and I also had the sims offer makeovers to customers.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 10, 17:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem and salonfix worked for me Smiley
thanx a lot
I have every sim game up to freetime
At the time of testing I had Director's Cut in and all my other hacks.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: