More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 01:26:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  House freezes when I take off pause since FT.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: House freezes when I take off pause since FT.  (Read 3601 times)
simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
House freezes when I take off pause since FT.
« on: 2008 August 12, 11:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently installed FT and ever since then I can't play one particular household in my hood.

The lot loads fine, and it's paused when I enter and I can move around the house and click on things with no problems, but when I try to take it off pause the whole game freezes. Sometimes it will minimize if I press Ctrl-Alt-Del and I can end it that way but usually I have to switch the computer directly off and I don't like doing that.

It's a large lot (for my game) but I have larger ones which load fine. There are 7 sims on the lot. My other lots all work fine and I can't think of anything different in this lot to the others.

I could just not play them ever again but if I do I'd prefer to delete them because I don't want ageless sims wandering round my hood infecting all the other sims (a lot of them are ill, actually, but I went on another household where someone had the plague and that lot worked fine.)

Any ideas?

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: House freezes when I take off pause since FT.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 12, 12:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's just that one lot, maybe it's borked. You can try forcing errors on the lot using the debugger (make sure you're not in debug mode and also that all residents are present on the lot and unoccupied) and nuking everything available to nuke. If that doesn't work, I'd just move them out, bulldoze the lot, and put 'em somewhere else.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 12, 15:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Luckily I have a lot debugger on the lot... since I haven't played the family since installing the new EP is it okay to assume they will all be unoccupied, because I think they probably are occupied unless they have been reset as usually happens with a new EP. And if I un-pause to cancel their actions, it freezes.

I don't think anyone is away from the lot, although I did send a teen to uni the last time I played. He doesn't show up in the family portrait though so I would imagine it is safe to assume he isn't considered part of that household.

I suppose I could just move them out and into another house. Annoying though. I wonder what caused it.

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 13, 12:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try it anyway - you don't have the option of waiting for ideal conditions.  If you hate the results don't save.  If you see an interesting error message go by... you could follow that up instead of saving.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 13, 14:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should not matter if they are occupied or not; forcing errors will "jump" them out of any activity that they may have been doing anyway.  Forcing errors on "all" will at least let you see (read error messages) whether there is something on the lot that should not be there that may be causing the borkage.

Tribulatio proxima est
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 14, 07:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the point of finishing activities first is not to lose your 90% painted masterpiece etc  Though I thought it was definitely better not to be on the phone to another sim at the time if you can avoid it.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 14, 13:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

since I haven't played the family since installing the new EP is it okay to assume they will all be unoccupied, because I think they probably are occupied unless they have been reset as usually happens with a new EP.

I missed that before... you're right, they'll probably be reset already. Question for the more awesome people, is there a scenario where a new EP installation could screw up a lot? Other than the saving-while-talking-on-a-cell-phone bug or the having-outdated-CC/hacks thing.

Speaking of CC: simsfreq, have you tried removing CC and loading the lot?

I still think the lot just got corrupted... it happens sometimes. I had one lot that kept registering there was a hot tub (for ACR), but there wasn't one on the lot. No amount of forcing errors, deleting things, etc. made any difference. Once they were moved to a new lot, all was well.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: