More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:46:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's your second and third impression of OFB?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's your second and third impression of OFB?  (Read 60014 times)
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: What's your second and third impression of OFB?
« Reply #175 on: 2006 March 12, 01:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like fun ZZ..NOT.  I love the new EP.  Only a couple of complaints though.  One I posted a thread about, and two: if I send employees on a break, no matter how long they have they get really pissed off whe I tell them to get back to work.  One even quit.  So no breaks for them little suckers from now on. Grin

The way it's supposed to work is that when you send employees on a break, they'll automatically go back to work in an hour if they're paid enough/mood is raised enough/relationship is high enough. The goal is to send them on break before their needs drop too low and they'll return on their own. Making them go back to work always pisses them off.

Careful, I discovered that if an employee quits, if you try to rehire them, their required pay goes up substantially. In one case it more than doubled even though my Sim had a great relationship with him.

I have solved that problem; for me anyway, I made about 20 Sims with the specific purpose of having them unemployed and therefore available for my successful business -owning Sims to hire.  And the best part, no more busted- ass face employees.  And if they bug me, I fire them and hire another of my pre-selected ones... Grin

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2006 March 12, 01:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You decide which metric you find to be a better measure, but by any of the standards above, OFB is the lightest in terms of content weight added.

I haven't bothered to count, but I'm guessing that each one of those STUPID hats that is now clogging up my game is one of the "125 new items".
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2006 March 12, 04:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sure would be nice if the thinking cap worked on passing perks, and all the various skill badges including making stuff.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2006 March 12, 09:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Careful, I discovered that if an employee quits, if you try to rehire them, their required pay goes up substantially. In one case it more than doubled even though my Sim had a great relationship with him.
Their "required" pay is not actually "required", merely their "base" pay. It seems to be a pretty arbitrary metric that depends on their (completely useless) skills and badges (which may not even be applicable to the business or their job).

Of course, all of mine are paid sweatshop wages, as I immediately cut their pay to a more reasonable level based on what they're actually *DOING*, which the game, incidentally, considered "ridiculously underpaid". But as long as they have 100/100 with the shop owner, and are in platinum, they don't seem to quit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: 2006 March 22, 10:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got no management or sell options on 2 lots.  ZZ mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I don't see any follow up on what (hack?) caused the problem.  On my lots, the owner is there with the deed in his inventory.  He can click on the cash register and assign a cashier, but can't click on an employee and assign a task.  similarly with sales, he can click on an object and show it to someone, but when you click on the customer there are no sales interactions.  I've patched and I guess I'll start looking for a problem in downloads.  I've got Base Game and OFB.  No Uni, No NL.  I'm still exploring what Uni/NL things I have in my game.  So far - I have influence and turn on/off, but no LTW and permaplat.

UPDATE
OK took out all the downloads last night - problem solved.  Today I start trying to figure out what it was.

re Basegame/OFB extras - I have wants to slowdance now, so I guess I have slowdance.  I have Attraction and Furious, more arguments and fighting Angry and, wow, I can see neighbouring lots!  I can also put clothes in subfolders at last.  and I have doormat rugs.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 23, 11:23:44 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: