More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 06:43:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets patch released
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets patch released  (Read 124386 times)
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: Pets patch released
« Reply #200 on: 2007 February 09, 08:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe there is, in fact, a "pregnant pets fix". probably from Syberspunk, here.

Is it not the pregnant pets move in patch by the NATM Jase over at the 'other' place?

Still haven't decided on installing the patch - am leaning heavily towards not installing the patch.  I think I'm scared... well, I was scared by those cheekbones anyway.

Inteen for AL, yay!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2007 February 09, 11:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch evil. No patch.
Hacks good.  Lots of hacks.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2007 February 09, 12:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But of course, the townie didn't have a home, much less a dog or cat. lol It's a glitch that I know at least one other person had as well, causing her Black Widow challenge to come to a screeching halt. I'm willing to put up with that (ha, unless there's a fix for that on here! lol), seeing as it now feels like an incredibly minor glitch compared to all this DNA crap from the patch. 
I believe there is, in fact, a "pregnant pets fix". probably from Syberspunk, here.
Yes he does, and I am using it.  I reported this problem here some time back, and Syberspunk made a fix for it.  I believe it was a typo Maxis had made.  Shocked  I believe Jase said his fix was the same, but I have only had Syber's in my game and I know it works well.

I am staying far, far away from this "patch."  My game runs just fine with all my hacks and mods at this time, thankyouverymuch.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: 2007 February 09, 12:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it not the pregnant pets move in patch by the NATM Jase over at the 'other' place?

His fix did, afaik, does the same thing as mine.  I also threw in another fix that pinhead came up with for reporting the amount of $ that a sim moves in with.  Without the fix, if you moved in sims from within the same 'hood, sometimes you could get a really odd $ in the notification message that did not match the actual amount added to your household funds.  This only fixes the reporting.  This does not fix the issue of weird amounts when moving sims accross/between hoods/sub-hoods.

Jase has a separate hack called the no_lottery_move_in_fix (or something like that) which addresses this problem mostly.   You still sorta get weirdness if you move sims from across/between hoods/sub-hoods.  But that is only because it is not currently/easily possible to determine the value of the moving-in sim's household, if their household is in another 'hood.  This seems to be due to a limitation in the core code (a generic sim call, not a BHAV in the object code).

In any case, it really blows that Maxis EA totally borked the genetics and NPC hair/outfits. WTF? is up with that?  How the hell do you break something that wasn't broken to begin with? Ugh.  I'm kinda bummed that I patched now. Tongue I've been wanting to play, but it would feel like a waste of time if I ended up with buggy maids and fugly toddlers.

I looked at the code for the move-in stuff, and it should have fixed the pregnancy pet thing... their fix was essentially the same as mine (and Jase's), but they also threw in two extra lines of code... I didn't follow the "logic" to see what they were actually supposed to do, and whether or not they were really necessary... I kinda just crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.

In which case, if it turns out that these two new lines break things even further... then you can always revert back to my original non-patch/non p1 version.  I purposefully kept the non-patched Pets versions of the move-in hack and fixes available.

Ste

FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2007 February 09, 14:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the expensive telescope and doing the crossword puzzle are no longer fun for my dead serious sims.  Yes, I have the patch.  Yes, I'm a frickin' idjit.  Point and laugh.  Throw things.  Have fun.  I have a game to reinstall.
Moa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2007 February 09, 14:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In any case, it really blows that Maxis EA totally borked the genetics and NPC hair/outfits. WTF? is up with that?  How the hell do you break something that wasn't broken to begin with? Ugh.  I'm kinda bummed that I patched now. Tongue I've been wanting to play, but it would feel like a waste of time if I ended up with buggy maids and fugly toddlers.

I'm wondering if somehow some of the coding for Seasons might have gotten mixed in with the patch. If I remember corectly, isn't Seasons going to be offering new "options" for hair/outfit choices, to go along with the Seasonal theme? Just a dumbass thought, since I don't really know enough about programming to make a even semi-educated guess.

In any case, I'm following this thread avidly. I'll patch eventually, but not until I have the next expansion pack in hand. By then, hopefully, there will be a fix for the fixes, from here if not from EA.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: 2007 February 09, 16:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I unpatched by uninstalling pets and am rolling back to a backup I made a few days prior to patching.

Now I'm going to be scared to install seasons. They surely put this patch on their disk and it will frak everything all up again.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2007 February 09, 16:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I decided that I will reinstall Pets... (I want the new phones and the clock and the new fishtank and stuff)

There was some good things about the patch but if it is the reason that toddler ended up looking like that then I want no part of it... Has anyone else had toddlers or any other sims for that matter suddenly get really scary looking after growing up, after patching? the cheekbones on that toddler scared me, I don't want that to happen to any of mine!

screwy hair can be dealt with/ignored easily but screwed up genetics...

MagicBeans
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: 2007 February 09, 16:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had toddlers or any other sims for that matter suddenly get really scary looking after growing up, after patching?[/b] the cheekbones on that toddler scared me, I don't want that to happen to any of mine! screwy hair can be dealt with/ignored easily but screwed up genetics...

Yeah, did you see the pics of my teen boy turned fugly man?

~*~ Beans ~*~
Please don't annoy the writer. She may put you in a story and kill you off.
Magic Beans Sims
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2007 February 09, 16:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had toddlers or any other sims for that matter suddenly get really scary looking after growing up, after patching?[/b] the cheekbones on that toddler scared me, I don't want that to happen to any of mine! screwy hair can be dealt with/ignored easily but screwed up genetics...

Yeah, did you see the pics of my teen boy turned fugly man?

ahh yes, I did see those pics *had forgotten*  oddly enough I had something similar happen before installing the Pets patch - decent looking teen boy grew up into a scary adult (and was then killed off) and I had another teen boy who had very scary cheekbones as a teen that got much worse when he grew up (he also died) so I wonder if that bug is actually in Pets itself and not the patch  Undecided   I also have a few other sims that I thought would have to die when they were teens but when they became adults the worst features improved enough that I allowed them to live (again, all before patching)

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2007 February 09, 19:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Pets patch won't be on the Seasons disk, they don't do that with TS2. Which is inconvenient for the whiny babies who don't have their Simming computer hooked to internet. I'm sure Seasons will have problems of its own, but not the Pets patch ones. 

And I suspect that yes, coding from Seasons got into the patch to mess up the hair because they are idiots and didn't take the precautions to prevent it. I also suspect that the ugly Sims are coincidence, as I often had odd things like that happen since the very beginning.  It all depends on how the genetics mix. Sometimes in CAS I have to generate half a dozen children before I get one I can stand the looks of as an adult. I've since given up on that and now go straight to generating the offspring as an adult and work my way down. If I can't get anything halfway attractive, I go in and adjust the parents' features.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2007 February 09, 21:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok so I reinstalled Pets, figured this time I would only install the Bodyshop patch and stuff...well feel free to point and laugh at me because I ended up installing the wrong patch  Tongue  I refuse to uninstall and reinstall again so I will just have to deal with it  Roll Eyes

atleast I remembered to use SaraMK's empty Pets template! I also followed her directions to get rid of the maxis/ea pre-made Pet familys.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2007 February 09, 22:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be potentially possible to roll back the worst of the changes by replacing the ZOMGPETZ!!!111oneoneone executable with the one from your CD. You'll end up running an unholy hybrid, but someone did it and their game didn't explode, and you may be able to dodge many of the bugs while gaining some of the object code benefits.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2007 February 10, 00:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so I wonder if that bug is actually in Pets itself and not the patch  Undecided 

Perhaps both - I never had "awwwwww" toddlers, but you could look at them without puking, and they all looked okay as adults. Since Pets, my game is like a freak show, and it seems to have become even worse with the patch.

I make my sims with bodyshop, though, and I wonder if that's the problem - there are way more possibilities to adjust the features than in CAS, and perhaps the game just can't handle them (anymore). 

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2007 February 10, 01:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can't be JM!!!  JM would have pointed and laughed  Shocked

I'm not going to worry about it, I have a backup of my hood from before the patch that I can use if I want after the patch gets fixed. For now I'm going to play an older version of my hood and make a few changes concerning who lives and who dies  Grin

sloppyhousewife, I made a bunch of sims in Bodyshop not to long ago and I had no problems with any of them (only one has had a baby so far though in that version of my hood)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2007 February 10, 01:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can't be JM!!!  JM would have pointed and laughed  :op
I must have missed it. What was funny again?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2007 February 10, 01:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can't be JM!!!  JM would have pointed and laughed  :op
I must have missed it. What was funny again?

me installing the wrong patch...  Tongue ...never mind, just go back to ignoring me, we will both be happier  Cheesy 

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2007 February 10, 01:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* J. M. Pescado points and laughs.

Tyraa Rane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2007 February 10, 10:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ahh yes, I did see those pics *had forgotten*  oddly enough I had something similar happen before installing the Pets patch - decent looking teen boy grew up into a scary adult (and was then killed off) and I had another teen boy who had very scary cheekbones as a teen that got much worse when he grew up (he also died) so I wonder if that bug is actually in Pets itself and not the patch  Undecided   I also have a few other sims that I thought would have to die when they were teens but when they became adults the worst features improved enough that I allowed them to live (again, all before patching)

I think that's a coincidence, not a bug. I've had sims who were absolutely adorable as toddlers/children, only to be hit with the ugly stick repeatedly on their way to their teen transition. A friend of mine also had a whole family where the boys were ridiculously attractive as teens, only to turn into young adults and develop some disturbing noses and cheekbones almost identical to yours, MagicBeans.

Edit to clarify: Both of these incidents were pre-Pets--pre-NL and OFB, even.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 10, 10:31:17 by Tyraa Rane » Logged
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2007 February 10, 10:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had an ugly born in game Sim.  Of course, now I've cursed myself and my twin boys who were adorable babies/toddlers/children and are quite handsome teens will become grotesque when they go to college.  Maybe I better get them some girlfriends now!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2007 February 10, 11:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the "unholy hybrid" now. There are some small GUI errors (under settings - music the song titles are not displayed), but at least NPCs get the proper hair again.
I haven't yet gone down town to check if strays are still excluded.
Moa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2007 February 10, 11:59:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reckoned one of my recent Sim children was the ugliest on record - very squashed face, huge eyes, and tiny mouth. I was very surprised when she grew up into a somewhat pretty teen (face is still a bit short). On the other hand, the del Rey twins, whom I'd been grooming as the prettiest children in the game, grew up somewhat on the down side of average.

I've decided not to stress about making my neighborhoods all pretty. I'd rather have Sims with a strong sense of personality, which means a large variety of facial types. The Sellers kids may all look lumpy (their mother and father are actually quite attractive), but I know them all for a Sellers kind of lumpy.

That still doesn't mean I'm letting hatchet-chin Freddy Forth procreate, Family Sim or no. And I'm not above letting my prettiest Sim, Lorenna Sunset, sleep around more than a Knowledge Sim normally would.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2007 February 10, 14:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA is having a chat session on the 15th re Seasons. Given the time difference I probably won't be able to make it but it would be great if some people posted questions regarding the Pets patch and if a new one will be released...hint hint
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2007 February 10, 16:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We can ask all we want about the Pets patch, but I guarantee they will ignore it. And if you ask the same thing over and over too much, they kick you out of the chat.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2007 February 10, 16:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Judging by past history, they will also edit out any of these types of questions from the official transcript.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: