More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 22:24:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nanny doesn't recognise FT baby items
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nanny doesn't recognise FT baby items  (Read 27999 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Nanny doesn't recognise FT baby items
« Reply #50 on: 2008 March 23, 18:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I said "almost certainly" incompatible rather than definitely.  What I was trying to get at is a) I did not try to make the nannydetect system compatible with pescado's system and b) I am not entirely familiar with how his stuff works.  It's sufficiently complex that I had hoped to avoid having to do so - hence the umbrella caveat.  That also means I am not at this time in a position to advise on how best to get them working together.  With every respect to Pescado, I tend to target end of the market who don't use the heftier hacks like InTeenimator and various Supercontrollers.

As it detects Nannies by NPC type, there is a good chance it will recognise CL's nannies - unless he decided to make them into a new NPC type.  I can't see why he would have done.

The unchanged object names are just laziness/oversight on my part, and don't affect the function (just annoying in error logs).  I would hope they have their own unique names in the Buy catalogue.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2008 March 23, 19:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But once you have made a nanny selectable they might start running the normal visitor mainloop instead of their nanny main.  That can lead to them leaving part way through a shift and you getting your kids taken away.  So only do it for testing purposes.

I thought of that, I've planned when I'll test it too- I'll let Nanny do her shift, then when one of the parents arrive home, Nanny has been paid and before the Nannymobile arrives, I'll quickly make her selectable, then unselectable after looking at/changing her stats. If it works I'll let you know.

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 March 23, 19:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That also means I am not at this time in a position to advise on how best to get them working together. 

I don't mind if they don't work together. And I don't think you need to make them compatible at all if you don't want to. Sufficient documentation should be enough for users to judge for themselves. I was just wondering if you can give a quick answer from the coding end of things. Guess I'll just have to jump in the hot water and test out. I'm always confused between Pescado's babycontroller, lobonanny, nobabyharassement bunch and twojeff's no baby swarming. The hack conflict scan shows them in conflict, but I have a few conflicting mods in my folder that I found out actually work very well side by side. Even Pescado's bunch was not completely efficient in keeping my daycare owner out of way in BV. And I'm thinking your nannydetect might do a better job.

I would hope they have their own unique names in the Buy catalogue.
No, they don't.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2008 March 23, 19:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate computers. Sad

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2008 March 23, 23:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI, I created a new CL-nanny today and checked her in simpe, she is NPC type 21. I think thats the same as the EAXIS? All-In-One-NPC:s are nrs 20,480 or 20,481.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2008 March 23, 23:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm I thought nannies were type 0x19 (25)?

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2008 March 23, 23:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I may be looking at the wrong numbers, but I exported the char info from simpe (using the report function) and then I got those numbers.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 March 24, 00:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge: AFAICT, and I'm not a modder, Pescado's babycontroller is an object that pushes babycare actions onto the queues of whoever is handy when the baby actually needs things. You're supposed to use it with nobabyharassment so that they don't bug the baby unless the object tells them to, and lobonanny so that the nanny won't do baby care things unless the controller tells her to. Therefore, updating for new objects is simply a matter of updating the controller, because lobotomized nannies never run their baby care routines anyway so they can stay outdated.

Nobabyswarming is AFAIK roughly the same as no baby harassment, but isn't designed as part of this system but as a hack into itself, so it might differ slightly.

Anyway, with the baby controller, you should only need Inge's fix if the nanny isn't lobotomized. It's a good idea if you have lots where you don't place the baby controller but instead call a nanny. If you use Pescado's system as designed, you shouldn't need the patch.

INFP or something
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2008 March 24, 09:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like I said, my fix can live alongside Pescado's fixes, so that for those lots where you have not chosen to use the controller system, the basic nanny will do her job as normal *except* that she will recognise FT and custom objects without any further effort on the part of the player.

I did look that far into Pescado's code.  What I was more reluctant to do as an extra chore was compare CL and Pescado's for interoperability.  I don't think there will be a problem having my fix in as well as CL's system because CL doesn't have anything to do with the normal nannies as far as I can see - it's all seperate.  That *probably* therefore also goes for co-existance of Pescado and CL.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2008 March 25, 08:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm I thought nannies were type 0x19 (25)?
There are two old threads in the podium listing the NPC numbers in hex.  Both say "0x0015 Nanny" which means 21 right?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7685.0.html
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,2598.0.html

type 019 is a cow mascot on both lists  Grin
Would be nice to have a complete, correct list in the war room..
« Last Edit: 2008 March 25, 08:30:46 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2008 March 25, 08:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have a list, I was too lazy to look it up...

...bah!  SimPE doesn't allow export of TRCN to text.   Ok go into SimPe\SimPe_whateveryourlatestis\Data\Plugins\pjse.coder.plugin\Includes and open GLOBALS.package.

It's group 0x7FD46CD0 instance 0x132

Or I suppose you could open objects.package and look at the corresponding BCON

LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 March 25, 17:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Edit] Now I have the nanny painting running again, the above info is inaccurate. You have to have a baby in the cc crib for the painting to recognize. And it does not recognize cc changing table, although the prompt does ask "Is it a crib or changing table"  Roll Eyes

Lion, I use the Nanny painting in my medieval neighborhood and I can get the nanny to recognize the changing table and the potty chair as well as the crib. The trick is doing it while the baby is using these items. I usually have one of playable sims put the baby on the changing table or potty, and then click on the painting to recognize the cc. It has never failed with me and I can use every custom item out there. I have NOT tried this with the new FT crib as I haven't played that neighborhood. However, I do have a family about to have a baby who I will try this with. They are my only nanny family in this particular neighborhood.
Ndainye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 March 26, 09:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off Thank You Inge!

In my developed custom hood my current Nanny's aren't numbered 120, 121 and 122 those slots are holding normal townies instead. I don't want the townies that hold those numbers to be overwritten.  I don't have the 'stock nannies' but equal dumb randomly created nannies.  If I want to use your replacement Nannies, should I just place the template fix in my downloads and kill off the current stock of nannies so that new "smarter" ones will be spawned? or do I need to put your character files in my hood in some manner?  Changing file numbers on your download to correspond with my current nanny numbers doesn't sound like a good idea but since I'm on generation seven of my hood and don't want explosions I'd rather ask a stupid question than load a backup.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2008 March 26, 10:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the replacement nanny files are only any good to people with standard hoods that have Karen and Calista and Kendall as original.   Put the template fix in Downloads and any *new* nannies created afterwards will have that code.   What you do about your existing nannies depends on whether you like playing with SimPE.  If you do, you can update each of your existing nannies.  Did I already post the summary of what to do further up here?  Let me look...

...oh tell you what is probably simpler - one nanny at a time, delete all their BHAV resources and import all the BHAVs that are in one of my nanny replacement files.   You may find when you go back into the game that your existing nannies jump or seem a bit disoriented on their first duty period in any house but each one should be settled next time she visits.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 March 31, 09:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was curious about cleaning nannies, so I took out Inge's nanny hack (just in case), kept in lobonanny, and made a new test hood with clean templates.  I make a sim with 0 neat and active points, and had him spend a day messing the place up before I spawned a baby for him and had him call a nanny.  This nanny ignored the mess and headed straight for the chess table.  I selected her and saw that she had only one neat point and 4 active points.  I gave her 8 neat points and a few more active points, and after feeding the baby, she moved right on to cleaning up all the plates.  Lobo-nannies will clean if they have the right personality for it.

I've been testing this over the last few days.

I went into SimPE and gave all the nannies 10 neat points and 10 active points.

There are households in my neighbourhood with babies and/or toddlers.  In those households, I added a baby controller and used it to turn lobonannies on.  There are also households where the youngest member is a child.  In those households I did not a baby controller, so could not turn lobonannies on.

In households where I have turned lobonannies on, the nannies won't clean.  They will watch tv, kick the cheat, play chess, get chips out of the fridge & not dispose of the empty chip bags, start cooking then forget midway through so the partially-prepared food sits & rots on the counter, use the bathroom, sit around on the couch, prank and/or poke walkbys.  Lots of typical nanny stuff.  But they will not clean.

In households where I have not turned lobonannies on, these same nannies will clean, sometimes as the very first thing they do.  As well as do the all the other typical nanny stuff mentioned above.

The only way I can get nannies to clean with lobonanny in my game is if I don't use it.  In my game turning lobonannies on (i.e. lobotomising them for a particular lot) disables their cleaning routine and they won't clean while they are present as a nanny on that particular lot.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that people might think my group of non-cleaning nannies is because the lots they won't clean on all have a baby controller.  However, this isn't a valid explanation as to why lobonannies don't clean in my game but they do in other people's games, as the baby controller is required to turn lobonannies on.  The people with lobonannies who clean obviously do have a baby controller on the lots where their nannies clean, because without one they can't turn lobonannies on for those lots.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 31, 10:12:17 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2008 March 31, 21:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see.  My apologies, I've been Doing It Wrong.   Embarrassed  My lobonannies are called such because they were created with the lobonanny hack in place, preventing the Maxis nanny routines from becoming part of their character files.  But I didn't activate the "lobonannies on" switch on the baby controller, because I only use it for toddlers and didn't think to test it. 
This is an supporting package for the FFS Baby-O-Matic system that enables the
lobotomization of the nanny, deactivating all nanny-related work routines on
command.
If you want them to clean, I guess you should only turn on lobotomy when the nannies are interfering with the kids too much.   Undecided

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2008 March 31, 23:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lion, I also had problems with Christianlovs nanny painting not willing to find the nursing tables WITH Inges mod installed - but without there is no such problem. I took it out, as I never use the in-game nannies, and without it the painting works fine.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 April 01, 02:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see.  My apologies, I've been Doing It Wrong.   Embarrassed  My lobonannies are called such because they were created with the lobonanny hack in place, preventing the Maxis nanny routines from becoming part of their character files.  But I didn't activate the "lobonannies on" switch on the baby controller, because I only use it for toddlers and didn't think to test it.

IIRC that's the way lobonanny used to work, way back when I downloaded it from VS when the hack was new.  Nannies were either lobotomised everywhere in the neighbourhood, or they weren't lobotomised at all.  I remember Pescado had instructions in the thread at VS about either editing your pre-existing nannies in SimPE so they'd use the new routines, or taking the more fun option and killing them off.  I, of course, took the easier & more fun option Wink  Killing off the pre-existing nannies is no longer required for lobonannies to work, and hasn't been for quite some time.

This is an supporting package for the FFS Baby-O-Matic system that enables the
lobotomization of the nanny, deactivating all nanny-related work routines on
command.
If you want them to clean, I guess you should only turn on lobotomy when the nannies are interfering with the kids too much.   Undecided

Or ask Pescado if it's possible for him to update lobonannies, so that lobotomised nannies will clean.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 01, 02:13:45 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: