More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 01:51:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nanny doesn't recognise FT baby items
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nanny doesn't recognise FT baby items  (Read 28146 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Nanny doesn't recognise FT baby items
« on: 2008 March 20, 19:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a fix for this in the Testing section at simlogical forum.  Should work for custom cribs etc too, on the same basis as the booth and sectional chairs.  Sorry if anyone already made one but I have not been aware of it and nor have the people who requested it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

Everything is blue in this world.

View Profile WWW
Re: Nanny doesn't recognise FT baby items
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 20, 19:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great job, Inge.

birene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 20, 20:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. When I noticed that bork the other day, I was rolling my eyes really, really hard at Eaxis, but that didnt make the Nanny recognize the stuff either.  Wink
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 20, 20:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roffle, I wish I could say I was surprised in the least bit. Baaaaa Inge!

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 20, 21:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the borked nanny the first time I played the new free time baby care items.

My nannies without fail wouldn't put babies back in the cribs and toddlers were passing out from exhaustion,Stupid EAxis Roll Eyes they finally give us cute baby furniture and then don't make certain the nannies will recognize it!

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 20, 23:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this fix play nicely with Macrotastics, Inge? Nevertheless I am grabbing and testing anyway. Grin

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 20, 23:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never downloaded macrotastics, though unless that had replacement nanny character files or unless you were told to kill your existing nannies and make new ones from a new template, I guess it won't clash.  Mine is all stuff that is local to the nanny herself and won't stop actions being pushed onto her queue, if that's how macrotastics works.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 21, 01:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never downloaded macrotastics, though unless that had replacement nanny character files or unless you were told to kill your existing nannies and make new ones from a new template, I guess it won't clash.  Mine is all stuff that is local to the nanny herself and won't stop actions being pushed onto her queue, if that's how macrotastics works.
I have used macrotastics in the past ,and as far as I could see macrotastics only affects playable sims not npc's such as nannies.
I put the fix into my active neighborhood and it works seamlessly in my game,no more babies lying wherever the nanny dumped them.
I tried it with both custom and freetime cribs the nanny used both.*mashes thank you button*

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 21, 01:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess it wont help with christianlovs nannypainting, as I pretty sure it has its own template.. maybe someone less code impaired than me could try to update that one? *begs shamelessly
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 21, 07:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Inge, I'll try it out. I suppose I'll have to get one of my sims pregnant now, there aren't any babies or toddlers in my hood yet!

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 21, 08:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If someone could give me a list of Pescado (and other) hacks that affect nanny or childcare behaviour, I could  begin to check them out for compatibility.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 21, 09:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only childcare thing I run is the Baby Controller, which has already been updated to support the new items. No Baby Harassment and Lobonanny are more aimed at ANTI-childcare than childcare, and exist mostly to disable the stupid, erroneously triggered routines.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 21, 09:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does your baby controller replace any of the BHAVs actually on the nanny or nanny template, or is it an external controller?  If the latter, then they should be happy to coexist (not that there would be any point in it, but there would not be an error caused)

Does Lobonanny edit the nanny template?

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 21, 09:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not techie, but I should think these are on the list:

nobabyharrassment "Are you tired of your sims poking, prodding, badgering, and otherwise harassing your babies and toddlers 57 times an hour? This hack shuts off autonomous baby pestering, in a non-pie-menu way."
lobonanny

nodroptiredbaby - "Eliminates pointless dropping of tired babies and toddlers. Since when could people not hold onto an unconcious baby, anyway?"

Anti-Baby-Lecture -"Sims will no longer drop their entire queue and clip through their chairs to lecture or yell at babies(or anyone else) when somebody soils themselves. The lecturing and shouting will only be permitted when they aren't doing anything
already."

Babycontrol - "Are you tired of your sim's inept baby-care skills? Here is something new and more awesome: It tells your sims how to do it instead. When combined with the anti-harassment package, it is truly awesome. More awesome than YOU, anyway. Family members of the baby, or nannies, will be directed to take care of the babies as needed. Whether you're just inept, or merely lazy, the eye in the sky has got you covered.

I. PROCESS BABIES/TODDLERS IGNORE/MANAGE
    Enables or disables the management of babies or toddlers.

II. PROCESS BOTTLES IGNORE/DISPOSE/DISINTEGRATE
    Decides what you want to do with used bottles: Ignore them and let you deal
    with them yourself, instruct a sim to dispose of it, or vaporize them as if
    you went to buy mode and deleted them.

III. OPTION: LOBOTOMIZE NANNY ON/OFF
    Enables or disables a lobotomy-equipped nanny's standard baby care loops.
    If the nanny is lobotomized it will spend its paid time wandering around
    your lot doing autonomous visitor crap until the baby controller directs it
    to perform child care. If not-lobotomized, it will harass your children as
    normal. See description of Lobotomy Package for details.

IV. OPTION: MANUAL OVERRIDE ON/OFF
    If the override is enabled, the baby or toddler will not be directed to do
    anything while it is selected, or a valid selected caregiver is present in
    the room with it, allowing you to perform a manual interaction without
    being interrupted.

V. ALWAYS SMART MILK ON/OFF
    If this option is enabled, toddlers will preferentially always be fed smart
    milk, in hopes of triggering the smart milk emitter bug which sometimes
    causes them to retain the skill bonus into childhood, or maybe because you
    just like doing it.

VI. WARNING BOX ON/OFF
    If this option is enabled, a warning dialog will appear once per half-hour
    if a baby requires attention but its relatives are all busy.

VII. EMERGENCY STOP/RESUME
    If the emergency stop is chosen, all baby controller options are suspended
    until resumed. Useful if the controller has gone berserk or you have
    other big plan in mind."

norabbitspin - fix for the charisma rabbit

nosmartmilkdrag - "Gets rid of the 5-mile-baby-drag when feeding a toddler smart milk: The toddler is no longer pointlessly and unnecessarily picked up unless
it is inside the crib."

They are all in the directors cut.  I thought there was a lobonanny around as well, but it's not in the directors cut.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 21, 09:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All these are updated and working fine.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 21, 09:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like my hack would actually be complementary to the Babycare system, so if you turn the nanny lobotomy off, the nanny will still be able to recognise the FT and custom objects when she's acting normally.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 21, 09:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use babycontrol or lobonanny, so if Inge's going to do a fix for the new objects, I'd like it.  The hacks I listed are the ones I use that affect baby/toddlers.  No conflict with them would be good.  Lobonanny would be redundant in my game as I don't use nannies unless kids need a minder after school.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 21, 09:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've already done it, it's available to test at http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?topic=1224.0

Later on it will be moved to a permanent place on my webpages.

Edited to add that after having checked, my FT nanny patch is compatible with Pescado's hacks and in some cases complementary.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 21, 09:33:28 by Inge » Logged

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 21, 11:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From your Forum posting:
   "This fix is compatible with FT, and has a good possibility of being compatible with BV and even back to Seasons."

That right there makes me smash the thanks button, it drove me crazy my nannies wouldn't recognize those gorgeous custom wooden cribs in my Medieval Hood.  My latest EP is Seasons, so I'm putting it in right now to test out.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 March 21, 14:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe this is why DMA nanny is extremely useless now? I guess probably, and it is still BV version. Is this related to ChristianLov's nanny painting not working anymore? I'll test out. But I'm not very hopeful, because the "assign" function in nanny painting is not working, and the nanny does not come at the preset hour (4 am) either. The "preference" tree lost its most menu items as well. It used to have many options, such as setting up the schedule, 24 hour or not, weekends off or not, with or without pay, etc. Now all of those but two are all gone.

The painting is throwing out errors pretty much every hour, but not at a consistent minute. I'm attaching one error log here, if you can have a look at it, Inge, please....I'm also attaching the nanny painting and nanny control. It's probably pretty messy to sort through.

The nanny painting is superior than DMA and Maxis ones in many many ways, as you can see. You can assign mutiple nannies to run a daycare. You can "simcopy" them with your playable sims and pay them real wages. And their routines used to be very good before FT.

Is it possible to add a menu to directly assign someone (such as a playble, or a family member) to be nanny so that it is not just a "copy" but the real sim? Right now, the nanny painting can only assign an NPC nanny that you create with the NPC tweaktool (which works fine).

[attachment deleted by admin]

* Nanny NPC painting, controller, tweaktool.rar (143.22 KB - downloaded 182 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 March 21, 18:24:26 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 March 21, 15:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Christianlov ok with people editing his work?

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 March 21, 17:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, for my Seasons EP, this has no effect.
   As your forum says, i created a new/test hood, made a copy of those 3 nanny files, re-named the new nannies to match the new hood #, then popped them in and over-wrote the nanny character files.
   I use the Medieval Nursery set from Sims Design Avenue (old Caravan sims2), and a set i found (but rarely use) from 4Ever Sims Fantasy, called 4ESF Other3 Nursery set.  With the Medieval set, the nanny went right to the crib and took the baby out, then walked to the next room and put the baby in a Maxis crib.
  With the 4ESF, she wasn't in a rush to remove the baby, but once it came time to feed/change him, she wouldn't use the 4ESF changing table, just popped the baby in the air and changed diaper that way, then walked right by the 4ESF Crib to go to a Maxis Crib. 
   For my toddlers, i use Altavera's Floor Blanket, so she pretty much gets to ignore toddles, but she did the same thing with the twin babies when they came along.
   Thanks for your effort tho.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 March 21, 17:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which Nanny did you get coming to your house?

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 March 21, 17:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Christianlov ok with people editing his work?

Yes, he posted this announcement on his page on MTS2:

I am sorry that I stopped making Sims 2 items. You are allowed to redistribute my items freely. If you have my items and if there are people asking for my items, please feel free to redistribute. You can copy, modify, improve or redistribute my items without permission. Thank you!!! Smiley I stopped playing the game so I can't make sims 2 items any more. Be happy and good luck! Bye bye!^^

The link is: http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=64030

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 March 21, 20:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TY Lion for contributing the info about christianlovs nanny mod, which I heavily depend upon.. I also think it may be necessary to tweak the NPC-maker of his, as I am sure it uses some kind of template for the nannies as well as the All-In-One NPC:s. The scripts mentioned by Inge may be the reason ahy you cant just assign anyone as a nanny. Before FT I however had christianlov-produced nannies that got married and moved in to be playables, that continued to work as nannies in the houses where they were nannies to start with. (I moved themin with Inges teleporter, not the NPC-tweaker) I haven't tested that yet in my hood (didnt get to play any of the houses with babies/toddlers and nannies yet, after installing FT.)
Attaching the christianlov-NPC-maker.

And expressing my deepest gratitude if thiscan be fixed.

Edited to add: my nannypainting still has all its old options, when the babies are born I will report back what she does for them, WITH Inges hack installed. Nanny also show up as before. She is an NPC nanny made with the tweakertool.

* MTS2_198260_christianlov_NPCTweakTool1.01.zip (10.57 KB - downloaded 183 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 March 22, 01:13:35 by ingeli » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: