More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 07:10:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  missing expansion packs = missing Life Time Wants?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: missing expansion packs = missing Life Time Wants?  (Read 20819 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: missing expansion packs = missing Life Time Wants?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 10, 03:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the want is difficult to stomp, perhaps something could be coded to satisfy the want for non-NL folks? I've no idea if that would be easier (and I have NL).

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 July 10, 04:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also wish there was something to stop sims from rolling "dine out with sim" wants when they are on lots with no restaurant.  If they leave the lot and go to a restaurant the want will re-roll anyway, unless you lock it.
Noted for wfsanity. Will be looked into.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 July 10, 13:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Slow dance is the trigger for a want tree, I can see you don't want to stomp it if you have Nightlife. 
However I don't have Nightlife, so I definitely do want it stomped!  It means I have only 2 changing want slots when my sim visits a community lot - 3 is slowdance and 4 is have 10 babies or whatever I have locked.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 July 10, 17:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, slow dance takes way too long to shuffle through compared to the payoff.
You can queue up actions behind it, but only if you hurry and add them to the queue before they start dancing.
That's my major annoyance. Often I don't know what I want them to do next until that want is fulfilled and a reroll occurs. Then I'm stuck waiting for near a sim hour for them to separate, sigh, and be able to select each other again. Gah!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 July 10, 21:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Accepted.Without NL slow dance wants is really an annoyance and obviously must be fixed.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 July 10, 21:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most people have Nightlife and don't have a problem so I'd say the chances of a fix are low. 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 July 10, 21:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Slow dance is the trigger for a want tree, I can see you don't want to stomp it if you have Nightlife. 
However I don't have Nightlife, so I definitely do want it stomped!  It means I have only 2 changing want slots when my sim visits a community lot - 3 is slowdance and 4 is have 10 babies or whatever I have locked.

Try the file I've attached.  You may have to force a re-roll of wants, and then check overtime whether it stops the slow dance wants from rolling up for you.  Basically, I just added a line to check the game edition and see if the flag was set for NL.  I'm not positive it will work or not, but you can try it out.  I've thrown it into my teenenabledadultwants hack as well.  So if you have that hack, then you just need to update to the latest version.  I still have to test it out and see that it doesn't completely stomp the want.  Theoretically, it should only stomp it out if you don't have NL.

Ste
« Last Edit: 2007 July 11, 06:54:39 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 July 10, 23:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pesc also released a new version of wfsanity earlier, so he may have stomped this too.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 July 11, 05:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you syberspunk and jsalemi - I'll check them out.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 July 11, 06:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this has already been squashed in wfsanity, along with the "Dine Out" thing. It's too small of a want to actually lock, and will almost assuredly roll away the moment you try to actually go somewhere to fulfill it, to be replaced by wants for something on the lot you just left.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 July 13, 17:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dine Out would be okay if it were worth more or not such a time sink. By the time you fill the want, the date is already over and you've screwed up the mini game by wasting all your time in the restaurant.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 July 13, 20:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So is "Dine Out" squashed completely or just when there is no restaurant on the lot?

Although it doesn't give many points and I hate it showing up on 'home' dates, it does add quite a bit to the date bar when fulfilled at a restaurant. It is usually enough to add more time to the date so that you have enough time to actually turn it into a dream date.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 July 14, 06:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it will still appear if a restaurant is present. Although I find that pursuing that want can basically torpedo your date, as its yield value is extremely low compared to the amount of time it takes for the entire rigamarole to play out, with your slowmoving 2-mph waiter and all.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 July 14, 11:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your sim happen to be hungry, it's not too bad.  Flirt, kiss, play and entertain wants can be fulfilled while seated, not to mention get engaged, so you can push the date meter while dining out, so it's not as bad as slow dance, but definitely not worth the 500 aspiration points or whatever it is you get.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 July 22, 05:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dine Out would be okay if it were worth more or not such a time sink. By the time you fill the want, the date is already over and you've screwed up the mini game by wasting all your time in the restaurant.

The way to get around this is by just ordering water and leaving the table immediately after. As soon as the sims are seated (or maybe it's when they order), the want is fulfilled, so there's no use actually bothering to eat a lengthy meal.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 July 22, 05:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that's good news. Though my poor simmies only get to slow dance and dine out on dates, it's the only time I see the animations, so I don't mind the wants too much. Also, as Gwill says, you can do other things at the table.

The thing that irritates me most is the normal wants that start coming through once a couple of the date ones have been fulfilled. Mind you I haven't had a sim on a date for months so later versions of JM's mod may have dealt to some of that.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 July 22, 06:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's the same. Some Sims will roll nothing but date wants the entire time, others will roll a few date wants then start wanting to gain skills, interact with relatives (the generic wants, not play with specific Sim unless they are on the lot), go to work, stay home from work, get promoted, buy a pet, qualify for scholarships, etc. until their entire wants panel is filled up with wants that are impossible to fill on the lot they are on or in the time allowed. Sometimes you can get around it by fulfilling the wants of the date, but sometimes the date starts rolling these stupid wants too. At that point you are guaranteed that the date cannot possibly be a dream date.

I could understand if they were dating a one bolt Sim. Perhaps they just aren't that interested. But this happens even with 3 bolt couples with high str/ltr as well as couples just getting to know each other.

I haven't found anything in common for this behavior either. I can take one Sim on a date and get all the crappy wants, then take the same Sim on another date with the same partner and get all date wants that time. The only thing I have noticed is that it appears that Knowledge Sims are slightly more guilty about filling their slots with skill gain wants, but it doesn't always hold true.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 July 23, 00:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you flirt - check sim out then you can usually force the wants to reroll and get back to some date-related wants.  If it's a non-controllable date who has got clogged with useless wants, asking them if they like what they see will usually force a reroll.  This works best with better matches, a 0 or 1 bolt match may not get a reroll, but it works in most cases.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 July 23, 01:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going to a different lot will also re-roll the wants, but there's not always time for that.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2007 July 23, 07:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

changing lots doesn't guarantee you won't roll another slow dance want.  Flirting works most times though sometimes you really didn't want to start up a romance..

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 July 23, 08:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scope room also causes rerolls...  but means you're likely to get wants related to people who you aren't actually on a date with at that point in time.  Undecided
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2007 July 23, 08:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, EAxian logic at its finest. Roll Eyes

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2007 July 23, 23:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I may have max 7 skills as an LTW in my game, but the sim I'm playing today can't satisfy it.  She has the memory of maxing all skills, but the LTW is unsatisfied.  I deleted a skill point and maxed it again.  Same problem. I took all the downloads out and I still can't satisfy the want by deleting a skill and regaining it.  And no, I didn't cheat it. 

Any suggestions anyone?  I'm out of ideas apart from writing a bug report to EA.  I can't seem to turn her permaplat with the lotdebugger either and I don't know what's going on there.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 24, 00:00:31 by cwykes » Logged

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2007 July 25, 00:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The earn 100k isn't satisfiable either.  It rolls as an LTW, but when the sim earns 100k and gets the memory, the LTW is not satisfied.   The work around is to toggle the sim into platinum mode with the lot debugger which is working though I had trouble with it yesterday.  They don't get the memory of satisfying the LTW though.

I haven't tried the other Uni wants that were missing in OFB, but I suspect they aren't going to work either.  I'll do a maxis bug report, but an awesome fix would be better.  Grin

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 July 25, 03:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like a couple of your LTWs aren't working right. What do you have installed for LTW mods? Did you install any of the mods that change the want trees?

I don't understand why the lot debugger won't work as far as making them perma-plat. I've never had it fail before. But then I think I've only had about a half dozen situations that ever required me to have to use it.

Have you tried any of the other items that enable perma-plat? I know several items in my game do, although I've never used any of them except InSim and lot debugger to achieve it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: