More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 10:18:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  And the purpose of the cleanbot is???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: And the purpose of the cleanbot is???  (Read 14868 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
And the purpose of the cleanbot is???
« on: 2006 March 17, 05:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I could be missing something but what exactly is the purpose of the cleanbot?
If it doesn't clean the toilets, showers, dishes, take out the trash, empty the potty, etc. then what good is it?
How often is there a puddle on the floor or trash? and picking up old newspapers, that's only 1x a day.
Am I missing some of the features or uses? Otherwise this is totally a useless bot.  Angry
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: And the purpose of the cleanbot is???
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 17, 05:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And letting it pick up puddles is a bad idea. Really.  Shocked The purpose of them is to sell them to dumb townies.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 17, 05:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And letting it pick up puddles is a bad idea. Really.  Shocked The purpose of them is to sell them to dumb townies.

Lol, I said that to myself when I realized it really wasn't going to do anything usefull; This is the kind of crap to push off on those townies.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 17, 07:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just picks up plates, cups and garbage. Not overly useful, but great at parties.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 17, 08:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And letting it pick up puddles is a bad idea. Really.   The purpose of them is to sell them to dumb townies.

Exactly my thoughts!  And to build up the skills needed to reach the gold badge.

It just picks up plates, cups and garbage. Not overly useful, but great at parties.

Hmmm, never thought of that.  Mayhaps the dad in the family I'm playing should build one as a going away present for when his daughter (popularity) goes to college!

Actually I'm sure they'd be a lot more useful if I had sims kicking over my trash cans and the like.  I'm happy letting Townies buy them, though. Wink

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 17, 08:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of all of them I think the cleanbot is the most (real) lifelike. Anyone got one of those robot vacuum cleaners? Anyone knows that 99% of the hassle in vacuuming floors is the effort required in emptying the thing.  Roll Eyes

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 17, 08:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uggh. I've got a home-based robot shop but I'm not letting my Sims use them. I had a hydrobot and a cleanbot, and they were breaking down every frickin' day! Finally sold them to some townies.  Do the robots break down more the older they get even if they are repaired by someone with maxed Mechanical?

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 17, 08:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it doesn't clean the toilets, showers, dishes, take out the trash, empty the potty, etc. then what good is it?
\

I'm confused - it picks up plates, but it doesn't wash them?  Does it load the dishwasher?
If cleanbot won't wash dishes, sell the sinks so the plates become trash.  Does that work?
Surely it would be useful oin any lot were Sims eat especially if you don't provide sinks.

Hoping to install OFB today Smiley

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 17, 10:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played with any of the robots yet even though one of my sims is running a sucessful robot shop.  I wiped the neighborhood clean before starting it and haven't taken my sims to very many spots to regenerate new townies, so the same 7-8 townies have been in there buying $200k worth of robots.  Heh Heh.

Anyways...that was off topic, but yeah, I have no idea what any of the robots do.  I guess they don't really interest me much, but to sell them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 17, 11:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering that it's a low-level bot, you can't really expect it to be of any real use.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
thatstakn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 17, 11:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what about the sentry bot, does it just nab the robber?  i put one by my trash can and paper and those darn sims keep taking them and knocking the can over.  the bot does nada.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 17, 11:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

\

I'm confused - it picks up plates, but it doesn't wash them?  Does it load the dishwasher?
If cleanbot won't wash dishes, sell the sinks so the plates become trash.  Does that work?
Surely it would be useful oin any lot were Sims eat especially if you don't provide sinks.

Hoping to install OFB today Smiley

Cleanbot can only pick up things, if they are deposited on the floor. Empty plates on the dinner table, or on the counters are out of reach for the bot. Which is why its only good for two things, cleaning up yesterdays newspaper, and empty milkbottles, and I am not even sure it can handle the latter.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 17, 11:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what about the sentry bot, does it just nab the robber?  i put one by my trash can and paper and those darn sims keep taking them and knocking the can over.  the bot does nada.
sentry bot worked fine for me, it attacks thieves, sims who wanna steal your newspaper or gnomes, and furious walk-bys
fairly effective.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 17, 13:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cleanbot came in handy when one of my sims set fire to the kitchen in which i forgot to put an alarm, and had turned my back on while i drank my coffee...it successfully and efficiently hoovered up the resulting mess of ashes. i sold it back after ( i have a buyable collection of bots)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 17, 13:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How often is there a puddle on the floor or trash?

Ever try hiring a nanny? Puddles are quite common occurances on my lots.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
chickengirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 17, 15:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cleanbot can only pick up things, if they are deposited on the floor. Empty plates on the dinner table, or on the counters are out of reach for the bot. Which is why its only good for two things, cleaning up yesterdays newspaper, and empty milkbottles, and I am not even sure it can handle the latter.

I was hoping cleanbot would get bottles, so I put one in the kitchen of one of my houses with a new baby, and... nope, the bottle's still sitting there and cleanbot's ignoring it.

Which makes cleanbot good for exactly two things: picking up yesterday's paper (and only if your house isn't on a foundation, because he can't go down/up stairs) and cleaning up a puddle in the bathroom and going berserk, dumping piles of garbage everywhere (where are they coming from?? he doesn't clean up anything!)

Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 17, 16:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cleanbots will take out the trash if the trash is in a regular trash container, not a compactor.  That and puddles are the only thing I've used a Cleanbot for.  Oh, and cleaning up the trash it spews when it malfunctions.

None of the robots other than Servo is really worth owning at any price.  Servo has his own set of drawbacks, since he's a Sim and must be ordered around, but he does require far less upkeep than an ordinary Sim.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 17, 16:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sentry bot worked fine for me, it attacks thieves, sims who wanna steal your newspaper or gnomes, and furious walk-bys
fairly effective.

Let's not forget that it zaps cow mascots as well. Of course, it can be broken if its path is blocked or if the cow decides to break it (yes, the cow will break it).

Not to go too far off topic, but does that munchie bot work for anyone?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 17, 16:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Munchiebots are too unreliable to use, since they randomly bring back pizza, which is good, and Chinese, which is not so good, unless your lot consists of sims that are already fat. This random element essentially renders it worthless.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 17, 16:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Munchiebots are too unreliable to use, since they randomly bring back pizza, which is good, and Chinese, which is not so good, unless your lot consists of sims that are already fat. This random element essentially renders it worthless.

Cripes, I hate that chinese food. It takes too long to eat.

I see. I've never seen mine leave the lot, even when sims were starving. Maybe it was smartserve though, I'll have to try that bot now that I've removed that hack.

PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 17, 16:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay, for parties/wedding, etc. it may get some use. I guess for real sloppy sims that leave plates on the floor and puddles from showers (although not recommend), this bot may come in handy.
I haven't worked my way up to servo yet. I'm thinking of having my Mad Scientist making a whole warehouse full of them. Between them and the sentry bots, I'm envisioning an I-Robot type of takeover. (yeah I know, big dreams... Roll Eyes )
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 17, 16:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay, for parties/wedding, etc. it may get some use. I guess for real sloppy sims that leave plates on the floor and puddles from showers (although not recommend), this bot may come in handy.
I haven't worked my way up to servo yet. I'm thinking of having my Mad Scientist making a whole warehouse full of them. Between them and the sentry bots, I'm envisioning an I-Robot type of takeover. (yeah I know, big dreams... Roll Eyes )

The general consensus is that servo is overrated but don't let that stop you from trying it out. Smiley

Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 17, 17:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kinda disliked the Hydro Bot too until it hosed off my Sim that caught himself on fire with the evil kite.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 17, 18:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There used to be a no getting fat from Chinese food hack at MTS2.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 17, 18:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kinda disliked the Hydro Bot too until it hosed off my Sim that caught himself on fire with the evil kite.

oh that'll come in handy as well the next time i set somesim/thing on fire by omitting to install fire alarms  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: