More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 17:10:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Invisible, unharvastable plants on *one* lot.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Invisible, unharvastable plants on *one* lot.  (Read 6242 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Invisible, unharvastable plants on *one* lot.
« on: 2007 December 05, 19:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any idea what's causing this?

On one lot, and one lot only, crops don't work.
My sims plant crops, water them, and they appear to grow a bit (the earth bumps up), but no leaves appear.  When hovering over the plant I get a status rapport, but the only options I have is to water or compost.  I've tried wiping/nuking/deleting all the plots and re-planting, but the same thing happens.  The current crop has been pseudo-growing for a generation of sims without yielding any crops.

I have a vague theory antigardenlag.package might be involved somehow, but I don't have any proof.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Invisible, unharvastable plants on *one* lot.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 05, 19:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are those plants in a greenhouse and by a wall Gwill? If so, the same thing happened to me. I still got produce from them though and that wasn't invisible. The plants just look crap while growing.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 05, 23:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it is in a greenhouse and against a wall, but so are all my other greenhouses.  I'm definitely not getting any produce, and the plants can't be talked to.
Orchard trees work fine.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 05, 23:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using Macro>Garden/Be Farmer?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 06, 01:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Greenhouses against walls may potentially end up classified as "indoors", and the game will think the plant is not receiving any sun, so it does not grow. Place a sunlamp within 1 tile of it and see if that helps.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 06, 14:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yeah I forgot to say I always place sunlamps in part wall, part glass greenhouses. Tongue Silly me. Sorry.

fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 28, 16:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this post is old but I just installed the antigardenlag last night and I'm having the same problem.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/short2cake/New%20pics/snapshot_14dc768d_b5211438.jpg

Most of the garden was ready to be harvested before I installed the hack.  After installing and going to this lot I saw everything was gone.  I get a status report of "sickly".  I decided not to do anything at first to see if they would start growing again but they didn't.  I can compost, water and even tend when they get weeds but they never grow or produce any fruit/veggies.

I took the hack out and went back into the lot and it still looked like that.  I ended up composting all of it and starting over...it's growing fine now but I've not put the hack back in.
I don't have any other hacks that have anything to do with gardens/gardening and the HCDU doesn't show any conflicts with anything else that I do have.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 29, 00:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Install sunlamps. The plants have decided they are indoors and will not grow without added light.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 01, 03:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just happened upon this thread. I also have had this problem. But, it's occurring on many lots. I have no idea what caused it, but I have to compost the plants and replant. None of my greenhouses has an attached wall from a house. They are all free-standing greenhouses.

I should have kept better track of when this occurred (I'm still discovering those little mounds of dirt in the homes I haven't played since installing BV).  On this computer, I had installed all the EP's except BV. After installing BV and TSS and reinstalling the directors cut (freetime edition..I like to make sure everything is up to date) sans a few mods that I don't use, I started noticing this phenomenon.  I do have antigardenlag, daily gardener...no indoorplant fix. I also have updated TJ's alwaysperfectplants and Morague's Harvestable Orchard Trees in Winter. All these updated mods were dumped into my hacks subfolder at the same time.

I cannot duplicate this. After I clear these mounds of dirt, it does not occur again on those lots. Plants are grown and harvested without a blip after replanting.  I blame it on a small gnome living in my computer case ..which is upsetting it's processing humours.  Wink

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 01, 14:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Install sunlamps. The plants have decided they are indoors and will not grow without added light.

I have sunlamps in all my greenhouses.  Should I replace them?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 01, 17:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, just click on them to turn them on continously. I keep the sunlamps burning all day and night.

fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 01, 19:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always play with all lights on.  Bugs me with all the on and off when sims wake and whatnot. Tongue
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 02, 07:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should have kept better track of when this occurred (I'm still discovering those little mounds of dirt in the homes I haven't played since installing BV).  On this computer, I had installed all the EP's except BV. After installing BV and TSS and reinstalling the directors cut (freetime edition..I like to make sure everything is up to date) sans a few mods that I don't use, I started noticing this phenomenon. .......

I cannot duplicate this. After I clear these mounds of dirt, it does not occur again on those lots. Plants are grown and harvested without a blip after replanting. ....

Maybe the resets when you added new EPs just borked all the existing plants?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 May 02, 12:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the odd plant/garden plot that borks at Harvest time.  The plant is visible, all options are correct on the plant, yet the action drops out for the sim.  Macro/garden knows it's there, wants to harvest, and goes into an endless loop of dropping.  Move_Objects on, put the plant/plot in a location all to itself, with empty sections around it doesn't even help.  Only solution is to delete both plant/plot and put in a new plot.  What's most frustrating about it is that it doesn't happen alot, or on the same lot or same location in a greenhouse (so far, it's always been IN a greenhouse tho, but all of my greenhouses are completely separate buildings) and that particular plot could have been harvested/planted for several generations before borking.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 May 02, 17:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should have kept better track of when this occurred (I'm still discovering those little mounds of dirt in the homes I haven't played since installing BV).  On this computer, I had installed all the EP's except BV. After installing BV and TSS and reinstalling the directors cut (freetime edition..I like to make sure everything is up to date) sans a few mods that I don't use, I started noticing this phenomenon. .......

I cannot duplicate this. After I clear these mounds of dirt, it does not occur again on those lots. Plants are grown and harvested without a blip after replanting. ....

Maybe the resets when you added new EPs just borked all the existing plants?

You are probably right. One reset for EP and stuffit installation and one more reset for installing my hacks. I though it was quite odd. It's not a hideous problem;  just a strange anomoly. Gwill only had one lot that this happened to.  In my case, it was across the board in every neighborhood.  *shrug*

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: