More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 15:03:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  When buying clothing, the clothing dummy is sunk
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: When buying clothing, the clothing dummy is sunk  (Read 6090 times)
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
When buying clothing, the clothing dummy is sunk
« on: 2005 August 24, 20:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I go into buy mode to buy clothes for my Sims, the clothing dummy that one uses to see the clothes, is sunk below the frame so only I see is the upper half of the dummy and not the half of the legs...probably not well described.

What I mean is that the dummy is not wholly visible. Now I had this bug before but that was when I was having the blank icon want bug. And this is a brandnew hood. With brand new Sims. And brand new installation. Is this the precedence of the blank icon bug or is it something else? The object.package is write protected btw (read-only is write protect right?) and none of my Sims are allowed to own the remote car.

I really really do NOT wanna reinstall again :/
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: When buying clothing, the clothing dummy is sunk
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 24, 21:52:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds very odd!  Have you any other things happening which don't seem right?

Also, did you completely uninstall and reinstall everything - Sims2 and Uni?  If so, I don't wonder you don't want the bother again, but you can simply uninstall and reinstall just University, which takes far less time.

Zephyr Zodiac
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 24, 22:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing happens to me if I'm buying clothes on a residential lot, and also sometimes when I use Pescado's clothes picker. I've heard of it happening to other people as well, but never of a solution.

Are all outfits showing the same amputated model, or are some normal? And are you buying on a community lot?
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 24, 22:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yubb. I only buy on Community lots. Don't have any hacks that enables recidential buying but I do have one clothing hack. Its the fasterbuyclothes hack which I don't think is from either Pescado or Jeff. It just eliminates the annoying browsing Sims go through before buying anything. Could that be the problem?

Oh and I have another bug which might be my fault. When I change a Sim appearance with the mirror the changes do not move to the character picture in the control panel....that could be because I made the entire TSData folders in both the Sims 2 and the Sims 2 University folders in the Programs/EA Games directory read only (write protected). Silly me I know but I thought that would be a good idea at the time...how can I undo it...without cancelling read only on every single thing (I am sure some of those files were read only from the beginning for a purpose).
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 24, 22:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And why can't I edit? Anyway just adding this. I just exited the game earlier after saving facial changes on one of my Sims, and just entered now, and they didn't stick. The facial changes :/ He is exactly like he was before I sent him to the mirror. I guess I have to do a complete re-install  Tongue Bah! Tomorrow is early enough.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 25, 00:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the sunken dummy phenomenon - but I deleted the outfit the sunken dummy was wearing and that seemed to fix it - missing mesh or whatever the case was...  Undecided

A proud thread pirate.
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 25, 01:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That could be it. I do have several clothing that require player made meshes but I have another problem which is more dire than the clothing dummy.

The problem I mentioned above about not being able to change appearance of a Sim. I have done a complete de-install/re-install of the game and I still have the problem so I guess its not my fubar that did it but something else. As far as I can see, only one household is affected. 3 young adults in a dorm. I have tried to seperate them by moving 2 of them to their own place but the problem still exists. It happened right after I tried that make-over beauty table thing and I think that was the cause...I also installed that lazy Sim walk by Jeff but I doubt that is the problem. Anyone know how to fix it? Please?

Kestran, frustrated.
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 25, 21:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got all the same hacks you have, but none of the problems, so I'm not sure it's hack related either.  Undecided The disembodied head thing is rare enough for it to not really be much of a problem.

Your being unable to change appearances is unusual, I've never heard of it before. If it's lot-specific, all I can suggest is moving out the last remaining sim and bulldozing the lot. If the problem stalks your sims to their new homes, I can't help. Sad
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 25, 21:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

/sigh

Yebb. It chases them off to a new lot :/ Tried a new dorm and personal housing. I can play them though and they do save properly (except their new looks). I haven't tried to change clothes on them. Will do so later tonight. Or tomorrow. I'm too bushed to try anything now and am off to bed.

If anyone know of anything I can do I very much appreciate it. I really really really hate not being able to change their appearance and I am worried its a forbearance of more troubles for the dastardly trio.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 25, 21:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this sunken dummy too. And sometimes I even see only the head, without the clothes I choosed.
My action is, to delete the clothes I choosed (it never happens when original clothes are chosen, allways the downloaded). The sunken dummy remains, and sometimes improves. I think it's because I miss meshes for the clothes.
As I am not ready to delete the downloads, I "live" with it...Smiley.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 26, 02:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh and I have another bug which might be my fault. When I change a Sim appearance with the mirror the changes do not move to the character picture in the control panel....that could be because I made the entire TSData folders in both the Sims 2 and the Sims 2 University folders in the Programs/EA Games directory read only (write protected). Silly me I know but I thought that would be a good idea at the time...how can I undo it...without cancelling read only on every single thing (I am sure some of those files were read only from the beginning for a purpose).

Just right-click on the containing folder, choose Properties, then uncheck the read-only box,  click on Advanced, Click OK, then click Apply.  This should make all the files in the folder readable.

Zephyr Zodiac
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 27, 05:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sunken dummy issue is definitely a clothing mesh problem.  I've had it quite a few times.  I usually find the clothes that have the thumbnail of a Maxis default when it's supposed to be custom made.  As soon as I delete the offending mesh/clothes, my dummy is fixed again.

Mooooo
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 27, 22:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's meshes.  I've had this happen to me, too.  It does this when an outfit has a bad mash or no mesh.  Sometime's I've downloaded something with no mesh because the designer used someone's else's mesh and assumed I have it already.   Sad  Sometimes I just can't remember if I have already downloaded that dress from MTS2 or that hairstyle from WDS or whatever.  So, it happens. 

I had it happen with a hairstyle too.  I had downloaded a beautiful long hairstyle, and it said the original was created by Brianna at WDS.  It also said the mesh was with the file.  (Can't remember where I got it, not MTS2, not here, not VariousSimmers.  it was some other site I don't frequent.)  The hairstyle showed up in the custom content window as the straight-long-black hair, and my sim would be bald or have the default hair.  I went to WDS and got Brianna's original mesh and it works great, and her styles were prettier and moved more realisticly than the 1st ones I had downloaded. Smiley  So, maybe you can find the orginial mesh for those clothes that are not working, and see if that fixes the problem?

Also, when that happens to me, I can still scroll through the clothes and choose other outfits.  Is your game freezing up after your sim drops?  You said you can't choose other clothes.   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: