More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 00:53:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Agesimscheat questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Agesimscheat questions  (Read 33262 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Agesimscheat questions
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 13, 16:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd imagine it's because a different person did the typing.  But it should have been checked!  And the case sensitive option is such a time waster!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 20, 05:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elders always have blonde hair when you age them back to adults, regardless of their genetic haircolor.  This has caused much confusion for a lot of people.  You can fix it be by using a mirror to Change appearance.  If you want to know what their "real" haircolor is, you have to use SimPE or the simdna <name of sim> cheat (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true must be in your userstartup.cheat file for the later to work).  I aged Michael Bachelor to an adult, and he had blonde hair, but he is homozygous for black hair.  Mortimer is homozygous for brown hair.  I thought he would have been black because he was in Sims 1, but if you have him and Bella have more kids, they can turn out with either black or brown hair.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 02, 05:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just their hair colour that's different from Sims1.  Michael was a lazy Libra in sims 1, but I think Aquarius or something in Sims2 (not Libra anyway) and Mortimer was Taurus and is now Cancer!  (Which probably explains why he's such a darned annoying grandparent, always interfering!  Cancer always seem happiest as Family sims!)  Oh, and Alexander is odd too, even though he's a kid, he has the Fortune aspiration in his memories when you check the nieghbourhood memory in SimPE.  It's as though they've messed around with them so much they've forgotten what they've done, and left each of these sims with stuff left in that should have been removed.  (Like duplicate ghosts which are actually totally different characters.)

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 02, 07:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why am I not surprise to read this Zephyr.  Maxis is famous for forgotting to remove things or really fix things...  Tongue  They are definetely good at mixing things up though.... they have a degree in that  Tongue

Since I post about this, I have Merola paint and use the agesimscheat plenty.  It is true that elders will have blonde hair no matter what colour they originally have... but I don't really mind, I am just too happy to see them as adult again I guess.

Nina Caliente have just graduated (seriously, I graduated her like 2 min. ago) she is in love with Dirk Dreamer and they will be a couple soon.  I wonder how their kids will look like but can't wait to see.  Cheesy
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 02, 07:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mortimer was Taurus and is now Cancer!  (Which probably explains why he's such a darned annoying grandparent, always interfering!  Cancer always seem happiest as Family sims!) 
Maybe that's why I like family sims, because I'm a Cancer. Tongue
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 02, 07:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably explains why I liked Mortimer in sims1 better (I'm a Taurus!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 02, 15:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going back to the agesimscheat...  I had two children that I aged into teens.  Then I realized they only had so many days left before becoming a YA and I didn't like that so I aged them back to children.  Funny thing was, the next time I entered their lot, the two kids had no faces!  Just blue ovals on their heads like what happens to objects that lost the recolor file.  Their faces came back when I ordered them to change appearance in the mirror.  But that was weird!

Mooooo
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 02, 15:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This would happen before this cheat, like if you used the InSimenator to age Sims backward.  I think Eric or someone said it is because there is no face stored for that sim at that age, such as with the Maxis pre-made sims.  So going to the mirror forces it to be generated.  But yeah, it is pretty creepy. Smiley
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 02, 16:59:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going back to the agesimscheat...  I had two children that I aged into teens.  Then I realized they only had so many days left before becoming a YA and I didn't like that so I aged them back to children.  Funny thing was, the next time I entered their lot, the two kids had no faces!  Just blue ovals on their heads like what happens to objects that lost the recolor file.  Their faces came back when I ordered them to change appearance in the mirror.  But that was weird!

Same will happen when you age back elder.  As adult it will still show 12 days before becoming elders but the meter won't start until they are at 12 days from being elders.  Adult you change into teen will have 29 days which is odd but I only age back adult I want to send to Uni and when they graduate they are back to normal.  I use Merola's painting to add or remove days which kind of fix this.  You can use that to age a toddler or chil faster so it will become a child or teen with the normal amount of days.

I personally did not experience so far the disappearing face.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 December 02, 18:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The meter is probably not being reset then, so since you can't see how many days an elder has left, when you age them back to adult, you're probably seeing the actual number of days they would have lived as elder before meeting the Grim Reaper.  If you look in SimPE, they probably have the 29 days showing, but the meter will not advance as Miss Doh stated until the number of days actually left catches up to what is shown on the meter.  I use InSimenator sometimes to reset adults' number of days left.  Reset puts them back at 29 remaining days, but you can add or subtract days. 

Once I had added so many days to an adult that she had more than 29, but I didn't realize it and wondered why she wasn't aging and kept showing 29 days left.  Her husband was aging as were the children.  Then I realized when I looked in SimPE that she had more than 29 days and the meter in game can't show it.  So it will continue to show 29 days until 28 remain.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 December 02, 18:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same thing happens if you give them an extra dose or two of elixir, they only start to age again when the extra days have been used up.  So the easiest way to get the other sims (teens and adults) back in line is to give them elixir!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 December 02, 18:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I realized this was the case, I thought the elixir was being wasted on younger adults because it never showed on their age meter.  Then I realized that something was going on because they weren't aging, and I checked them out in SimPE.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 December 02, 18:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know for a fact that Polination Tech 9 popped up with red hair when I aged him down.  But every other elder I use this cheat on will come up with blonde hair, like Mortimer.  Don't know what makes PT9 so special...   Undecided
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 December 02, 19:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same thing happens if you give them an extra dose or two of elixir, they only start to age again when the extra days have been used up.  So the easiest way to get the other sims (teens and adults) back in line is to give them elixir!

I didn't know that... shows how much attention I've been paying.
ZZ thank goodness you're back. I was quite worried about you. I was just about to e-mail you, good timing. :D

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 December 02, 19:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, he is an alien!  And much better if you give him a nose job!

Veilchen, I've just been so tied up with starting my new hood and cloning sims etc., I just never got around to going online!  thanks for your concern, though.

Zephyr Zodiac
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 December 02, 19:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is PT9 any less fugly aged down?  He is the only sim I ever deliberately had die..
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 December 02, 19:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is PT9 any less fugly aged down?  He is the only sim I ever deliberately had die..
Not really...he needs major reconstructive surgery for his missing nose, LOL.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 December 02, 19:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The son is much better after surgery too!  Plus a decent hairstyle.....

Zephyr Zodiac
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 December 02, 19:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never tried the surgery, I think I will have to do that. I have one alien sim that everyone in town likes really well, but he passed that noseless face on to his kids, yuk.  Have to do them too.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 December 02, 19:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the trouble, and unless you do really complicated stuff, you can't change the kids or teens and have to wait until they go to uni.  (Or marry him to a female sim with an enormous hooter!)

Zephyr Zodiac
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 December 02, 19:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Luckily, the teens are nearly ready for uni, and the kids got their mom's nose.  Thanks for that tip!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 December 02, 19:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know for a fact that Polination Tech 9 popped up with red hair when I aged him down.  But every other elder I use this cheat on will come up with blonde hair, like Mortimer.  Don't know what makes PT9 so special...   Undecided

You are right, I completely forgot about him, he does have red hair in my game too.  There are elders in Veronaville that will come-up with hair color too.  All pre-made elders in my game in all neighborhoods have been age back to adult.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 December 02, 20:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine if a premade elder was actually made by Maxis as an adult and then aged to elder they will have the correct hair colour, but not if they were created as elders.  I tend to leave mine as elders, though I do sometimes use SimPE to make them adults, then they still look like elders, but they walk and talk like adults, can get proper jobs and don't need to pee every ten sim minutes!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2005 December 02, 21:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the original Mortimer didn't!  He always reminded me of whatisname Addams!

I always thought that was the idea!  spooky house and adams family sims

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 December 02, 23:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the trouble, and unless you do really complicated stuff, you can't change the kids or teens and have to wait until they go to uni.  (Or marry him to a female sim with an enormous hooter!)
Um, I thought "hooter" was usually plural???  Unless something awful happened.  Shocked  Besides, aren't all sim females the same size??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: