More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 08:47:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Awww... shucks (newsbox)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awww... shucks (newsbox)  (Read 25297 times)
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Awww... shucks (newsbox)
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 14, 18:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you use in place of the green olive in a chocolate martini?  Chocolate kiss wouldn't go with the "theme" very well.  Maybe one of those Rocher things?  I'm sure I brutalized the spelling, don't happen to have an empty wrapper to look at...
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 14, 18:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. Makes me glad I'm a hermit and just don't care what day it is. I like being single - and if I want flowers or candy, well, I'll go buy them, then.  Cool It sucks how there can be pressure to do or be something for certain days, though. Like you can slack off the rest of the time as long as you pony up for this one day. Bah, I say!  Tongue
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 14, 18:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

V-Day is annoying if you're coupled, too.  Everyone is asking me what my plans for tonight are and then look at me all sympathetically when I say "Watch American Idol."  I don't need pity because my boyfriend works 12 hours a day.  It's the groups singing in Hollywood!  Even if he was home, I'd be in front of the television with a box of Tagalongs and a glass of milk.

Hey Brynne, if it makes you feel better...

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 14, 18:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I promise to bring the Godiva liqueur, may I join...mmm white chocolate booze in hot cocoa...bring your own marshmellows.

I'll celebrate Valentine's Day when neither women nor men are brutalized by their partners. Until then, let's celebrate amity -- the love of friendship.

Happy VDay, everyone!

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 14, 19:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well said, ElfPuddle!

For those who like that sort of thing (naked and male), I drew a pin-up of one of my (written) characters for V-Day. Linky button is in my signature or my profile if you have sigs turned off. It's slightly more tangible than e-chocolate and booze. Smiley

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 14, 19:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Eyes thread dubiously*

UNhappy Valentine's Day, all?

(Though personally I can't see how any holiday inextricably linked with chocolate can be all bad...wait, that's all of them now, isn't it?)

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 14, 19:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Come on people - I've never heard such griping!  Surely someone besides me has happy Valentines Day memories?  Just like Christmas, it's a commercial  money-making exercise, but even so, once in a while you can have a fantastic Valentines Day.  Dinner, alcohol, chocolate, great sex.  It's out there...and yes you can have that any day of the week, but the idea is just once a year, you can make a public fuss about it. 

I know that when you are in a relationship, the pressure to do something for someone you're not really 'feeling' right now can make the Day seem like a long chore instead of fun.  The best Valentines I've had have been early on in relationships, when everything's still fresh and new.  The worst have been in longterm relationships where I could cheerfully have said - Just. Don't. - to any and everything, as in "No I don't want a poxy card"  "And don't call me because I'm working late."  and the classic "Is this the best you can do?"  I guess it's true what they say, familiarity does breed contempt! Smiley

happy now :-)
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 14, 19:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Though personally I can't see how any holiday inextricably linked with chocolate can be all bad...wait, that's all of them now, isn't it?)

Amen to that.  We should rename this holiday "indulge yourself day".  Tonight I am having some filet mignon with a loaded baked potato.  And I am making this : http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/RecipeController?action=recipe&language=1&recipeID=557&recipeType=1

yumm... they can keep their stinky flowers.
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 14, 20:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. Valentine's Day stinks for me this year - my girlfriend's been dragged up to Yorkshire (UK) and I can't contact her....feeing lonely  Cry

Oh, and I can't type worth a damn today either - can't see the keyboard  Roll Eyes
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 14, 20:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amen to that.  We should rename this holiday "indulge yourself day".  Tonight I am having some filet mignon with a loaded baked potato.  And I am making this : http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/RecipeController?action=recipe&language=1&recipeID=557&recipeType=1

yumm... they can keep their stinky flowers.

Aw, crap.  You've got me drooling all over my desk.
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 14, 20:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, I'm drooling too. And no money for Groceries since my Budget is already overextended in that department! Smiley

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 14, 20:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

angelyne, that looks heavenly! Any chance you'll be sharing with the rest of us?
puhlease?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 14, 21:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

meh, I am pretty much indifferent to it myself, I just don't like that it makes otherwise happy and well-loved people feel less so because someone neglected to buy them something on Feb. 14.

We do the present buying and overly-nice thing to each other if and when the mood strikes us regardless of occasion, having an official holiday tell us to do so makes us less inclined. If we do exchange gifts, there is a rule that it must be something we don't expect others to be getting,  usually something chore-related or downright gross, (but funny of course) whatever will be most shocking to the people who ask us what we got the next day.

I like to get chocolate, presents or flowers 'just because' not out of a feeling of obligation.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 14, 22:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just realised I've missed V-Day and I didn't even notice hehehe - it's 8am on 15th for me.

I did get a present this year although I didn't think about it at the time - my cat Theo brought in a dead grasshopper for me.  So you can keep your flowers, chockies 'n stuff 'cause my little boy protected my honour against a villainous insect and brought me the proof of its demise. Grin Happy belated Massacre Day.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 14, 22:37:59 by vilia » Logged
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 14, 22:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

angelyne, that looks heavenly! Any chance you'll be sharing with the rest of us?
puhlease?

No problem, I'll let y'all know just how good it tasted Cheesy

No need to thank me Tongue
Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 14, 22:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I join yall? Honestly. Seriously. I think I may vomit if I have to look at one more bouquet.

I HATE V-DAY!
Man oh man. All of you need to learn how to make a holiday work for you.  Don't depend on someone else to do it.  I had a great Valentine's Day.  Went shopping and bought clothes (for me). Had lunch with hubby and enjoyed steak and shrimp.  Dropped by a shoe store after lunch and bought shoes (for me). Told husband I had a great day. He didn't do anything in the way of gifts, etc. Took care of it myself. Just think of yourself on holidays. Works great.  Husband feels good too, he had a great lunch.

And for JM I would say this; I have been to the building in Chicago/Cicero where the Valentine's Day Massacre took place. Walls in the building are brick and the massive amounts of bullet holes in the wall impressed the hell out of me.  They call the place Tommy Gunn's. Fun place though, you would like it.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 14, 22:39:05 by Verona » Logged
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 February 14, 22:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For shame, raining on JM's favorite day like that. That's why he prefers good old Al's re-invention of Valentine's Day. Nothing says love like a bouquet of hot lead with a spray of bullets. A real heart stopper.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 February 14, 23:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yea! I got company  Grin. the only good thing about today at work some people at work brought in some stuff to celebrate this so called hoilday. Red heart cherry lollipops and cookies! Yum  Cheesy
Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 February 14, 23:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happy Massacre Day! Grin

V-Day? Meh... Never been too big on it. Probably because I've been single for a decade and a half (read: my whole life). I did finally get a present today, though (along with half the girls in my highschool xD). But I did have a good time choosing my clothes today. Most people were wearing red, I wore black. Smiley

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 February 15, 00:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you guys are over-reacting. The holiday is not such a big deal. I always feel that if you are not in a relationship, you are exempt- except from chocolates and teddybears. My mom sent me something, I am content.

Plus, I made a ton of money doing overtime work at a local florist. Why not support small businesses?

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 February 15, 00:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I have many happy Valentine's Day memories, let me make that clear. It's just that this year won't be added to that list. Undecided
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 February 15, 00:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Valentines Day SUCKS.  Angry

If you're lucky.

Instant gratification takes too long.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 February 15, 01:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Valentine's Day - lol.  Hubby asked me what I wanted and I told him take out the trash.  End of holiday.  Now he is playing WoW and I am Simmin'.  What more could a girl ask for than a quiet hubby, McDonalds for the kids and the trash at the curb?

Now St. Patrick's Day - THAT is another story cause it is my birthday  Grin
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2006 February 15, 03:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd have to agree with Pescado on this, because -Surprize!- something terrible happened today (well this morning, without me knowing until I got home)... my rabbit can't move his back legs, and if he doesn't get better, we'll have to put him to sleep.

HAPPY FRICKEN' MASSACRE DAY!

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 February 15, 04:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I have many happy Valentine's Day memories, let me make that clear. It's just that this year won't be added to that list. Undecided

sorry to hear that, I hope everything is ok with you and your hubby  Sad

Kiss

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: