More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 02:20:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Univ Grads career track hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Univ Grads career track hack  (Read 10522 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Univ Grads career track hack
« on: 2006 February 23, 23:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a hack that doesn't allow Univ grads to start so high up on the career tracks?
I thought I saw this somewhere.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Univ Grads career track hack
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 23, 23:13:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The harderjobs hack, which I believe is still in the testing section.

Edit:  Yes, it is:  http://moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/test/
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 23, 23:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok thanks. I knew I saw it somewhere.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 23, 23:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the newspaper too, instead of the computer.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 23, 23:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, the newspaper always starts them at the lowest level of the job.  Though even with that, most Uni grads climb the ladder fairly fast, since they already have a good set of skills and friends.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 23, 23:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But some jobs, every time they get a promotion, they get it before they have two consecutive days off - that slows them down a bit!  (Others, of course, notably the Slacker career, they get home with a promotion, time for a quick shower, then it's back to work again!)

Zephyr Zodiac
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 23, 23:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But some jobs, every time they get a promotion, they get it before they have two consecutive days off - that slows them down a bit!  (Others, of course, notably the Slacker career, they get home with a promotion, time for a quick shower, then it's back to work again!)

And when you think about it - isn't that a little backwards?  Cheesy I mean a slacker would gladly take a couple of days off before starting a new level/job.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 23, 23:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, but this is Maxis we're discussing here, not an institute devoted to the higher reaches of LOGIC!

Zephyr Zodiac
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 24, 00:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally i turn on boolprop and just select the job through the newspaper.  They get the job i want and they start at the lowest level, how nice is that?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 24, 00:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also the fact that, if they have a specific job want, they can wait several days for it to actually appear!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 24, 00:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must admit that I cheat and get them whatever job they want via the Inseminator career spawner thingy within seconds of them moving into their new lots, which often results in them going to work at Level 9 and coming back with their LTW's fulfilled before they've even been in the house 24 hours.  I really should start using the computer again, or even the newspaper, but I've got very lazy with some aspects of the game, this being one of them.  I got irritated by the fact that the more custom careers I had, the less likely the wanted career was going to show-up, but I didn't want to get rid of my custom careers.  As I only have a couple now, that argument doesn't really hold water anymore!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 24, 01:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in my current game, all my (8, up to now) adults in The Wasteland were created in CAS at Uni.  the only one to complete his LTW while at Uni was Kane, who is a romance sim who had the LTW to woohoo with 20 different sims.  It seemed sensible to let him fulfil that while still at Uni and before settling down!  The rest of them were to some extent rushed through with the College Clock, and didn't build an enormous number of skill points, so they still had to work to get their promotions.  So far, River has become mayor and Aron (a knowledge sim) has become Captain Hero.  The rest still have a way to go to reach the top of their career ladder.  and none of the rest are anywhere near permaplat!

Zephyr Zodiac
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 24, 02:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must admit that I cheat and get them whatever job they want via the Inseminator career spawner thingy within seconds of them moving into their new lots, which often results in them going to work at Level 9 and coming back with their LTW's fulfilled before they've even been in the house 24 hours.  I really should start using the computer again, or even the newspaper, but I've got very lazy with some aspects of the game, this being one of them.  I got irritated by the fact that the more custom careers I had, the less likely the wanted career was going to show-up, but I didn't want to get rid of my custom careers.  As I only have a couple now, that argument doesn't really hold water anymore!

Well "Open For Business" should present an interesting challenge for you then!  Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 24, 02:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I've no doubt the Insiminator will help ancient's sims become tycoons in no time! Grin  Once it's been updated, of course!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 24, 03:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm curious, what have you done with your young permaplat Sims then?  Are they then boring to play, or do you then focus on and enjoy the parenting aspect? And when they're permaplat and age to elder, they live so long... all I can say is, I'm really looking forward to OFB...

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 24, 03:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked at a few custom careers, but it looked like a lot of them had quite a few misspellings. I know a lot of people who do hacks are not native English speakers, but I can't have pop ups in my game like that, it would drive me crazy. That's one little thing I like about hacks from here--I have never seen a misspelled word. It's like seeing a jet fly over in a western movie--it takes you out of the action a little bit. I need to figure out how to make my own....

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 24, 03:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, poor spelling annoys me too - not sure if it's the years I spent as a teacher, or the years I spent working in offices that's to blame though!  But what do you do about Maxian spelling mistakes?  You can't just shrug and say, oh, well, that's another download bites the dust!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 24, 03:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What drives me crazy is the misspellings in Maxis' text. I can't recall all of them now, but I've seen at least 3 or 4 misspellings. "General Practioner" is the first one that comes to mind.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 24, 03:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's one little thing I like about hacks from here--I have never seen a misspelled word.

Well, actually, I have seen two misspelled words:  In the Lot Sync Timer, it's supposed to say, "All Pescados Suck"   Tongue  and in the Phone Hack, when you call after 2am, it says, "Phone harassment is bad, 'mkay."  A minor thing, but I thought it was supposed to say "m'kay."
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 24, 03:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"All Pescados Suck"

"Pescados" is a misspelling for "Blue Soup"?  that's some great big spelling mistake!

Zephyr Zodiac
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 24, 03:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxian spelling mistakes? I totally believe they exist, but I've never noticed one. I think I think about spelling less when I am using the non-hacked parts of the game, because I am expecting a higher-quality, spell-checked product. (Yes, I also believe in the tooth fairy.  Roll Eyes) I am much more critical when it's new, outside products that I randomly downloaded.

Can you think of any glaring mistakes off the top of your head? I'm curious.

And I totally understand, ZZ--I am a librarian and used to do editing work.  Grin

ETA: Aha, I am two slow and two people have replied while I was thinking. Interesting!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 24, 03:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, he totally meant to say All Pescados Suck.  Just a typo.  Wink
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 24, 03:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll believe that when I see it!  And it's definitely BlueSoup in the newsbox today!  (What on earth did you do to get up his nose like this?  Kick him somewhere where the sun don't shine?)

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 24, 05:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh that's not me annoying him - that's his way of showing affection.  Wink  Seriously, I asked him to change it, that's what he changed it to.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 24, 05:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange ............. Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: