More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 01:12:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why. won't. he. just. die?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why. won't. he. just. die?  (Read 23654 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Why. won't. he. just. die?
« on: 2006 January 05, 13:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so my first born in game child met a tragic, um, accident with Rodney's Death Creator and "die by fright".  Grim showed up for a split second in an adjacent bathroom (?) and left no urn or anything.  Now this child is still visible in the loading screen.  I did see an error, which is attached.  Can I get an urn/tombstone so my knowledge husband can see a ghost?

Also, "art" imitated life last night when sim-me had a miscarriage.  Ouch.  That was a little too close to home thank you.  Is it the inteen that did that?

oops, edited to add error log and to add I have the director's cut and most of TJ's stuff.  Also, my hubby and I have no memory of the death.

C
« Last Edit: 2006 January 07, 11:00:23 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Why. won't. he. just. die?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 05, 14:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download for 24 hours the Enhanser, and you will be able to delete the dead sim character.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 05, 14:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that happen too when a child died.  the only thing I found to get the death aknowledged  by the game (get the kid out of the loading screen pic) was to teleport the child to a different Lot, a message should then pop up that the child had "died on another lot"

For a tombstone/urn, I never bothered but I think it will be possible once the game aknowledges the childs death to link it to tombstone that has been produced some other way. I'm sorry I'm not up on buyable or linkable tombstones for cases such as this but I'm pretty sure they exist  Undecided

edit -

Is it the inteen that did that?

yes
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 05, 14:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The miscarriage is a feature of the hack.  Maxis didn't write it. I can't remember if its the inteen or one of the others.

I think kids can't die in The Sims - so killing one with a cheat isn't sticking because it's not allowed.   

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 05, 14:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think kids can't die in The Sims - so killing one with a cheat isn't sticking because it's not allowed.   

well I've had children die and get tombstones and become ghosts *laughs*  (using InSIM to kill them)

only a couple times did the game not aknowledge the death and not give me a urn/tombstone. Once the child was on a deck or the stairs when he died and another was on the driveway... there was another time that I can't quite remember the details but I'm pretty sure it was also an odd location.

In all 3 cases I did not get urns/tombstones so I wondered if the location had anything to do with it.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 05, 15:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kids can die without the use of mods if you drown them. Not Toddlers or Babies, though.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 05, 15:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since there are instances in game of child ghosts then it's obviously within the game limits without mods.  And naturally kids can drown - they can also burn to death if in the wrong part of the kitchen and there's no fire alarm or sprinkler.  I believe they can also be hit by pieces of satellite.  But starvation is out, the social worker would take them away.

Zephyr Zodiac
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 05, 15:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe if you resurect him then kill him again? then your sims can have two memories  Cheesy
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 05, 19:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that happen when I used the Flamingo of Doom to kill a simkid with "fright" and one or two other death types. I guess because it shouldn't be available to a kid and the game doesn't know how to handle it. The teleportation thing works to fix it.

If you are interested, there is a Flavor Pack for the inTeenimator that prevents miscarriage unless you force it via the biological clock.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 05, 21:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the LotDebugger and download the No Unlinkage mod, you can respawn the tombstone.  The No Unlinkage mod is here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2083.0

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 05, 21:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Congrats on getting a corrupted death bug =P

Although if you have the fixes from here it's odd that this would show up in your game since I haven't had it happen since having the death fixes.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 05, 23:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the LotDebugger and download the No Unlinkage mod, you can respawn the tombstone.  The No Unlinkage mod is here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2083.0

Thanks Ancient!  I do have the lot debugger.  It's the first thing I install on every lot.

I've had that happen when I used the Flamingo of Doom to kill a simkid with "fright" and one or two other death types. I guess because it shouldn't be available to a kid and the game doesn't know how to handle it. The teleportation thing works to fix it.

If you are interested, there is a Flavor Pack for the inTeenimator that prevents miscarriage unless you force it via the biological clock.

I also had the kid die from "fright".  The teleportation did fix it.  I hope I can still get the tombstone back.  And I am interested in that flavor pack.  I've had a miscarriage too recently to want to have one in my game.

C Cry

BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 05, 23:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I have two oldsters that the game still thinks are alive.  Maybe it was due to the fact that I moved the Curious bros over to my custom neighborhood (oops oh well...).  But yeah...Pascal and Vidcund's wife are still in the loading screen of the Curious house, even though their tombstones are in the Nirvanaville graveyard. 

And that's one harsh mod to have miscarriages happen.   Undecided

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 05, 23:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the die of fright thing too with a child, and the tombstone didn't appear either. I used an assignable grave mod from MTS2 (no idea if it's compatible with NL, though) to give him a grave. The kid ghosts created by things that they don't usually die from are pretty creepy - they don't float, but walk a bit, freeze but their head looks around all jerkily, disappear, reappear somewhere else... one kid I killed off by electrocution was the same way, though he kept repeating his death throes all around the lot, falling down and twitching, once by someone's bed while they were sleeping - freeeaky. I sent his grave to the cemetary so I'm not sure if he still does that now...

The miscarriage thing is definitely Inteen, has something to do with their needs being low for a long time. I had a 'close call' with one of my Sims and I didn't even know she was pregnant, nor were her needs all that low, except she was at work so that might have had something to do with it. One of the others I used to see what happens and to fix a perma-pregnant bug, and the bad effects of that memory last a looong time - she's permaplat but three Sim days later she still refuses to use skillbuilding items and has nightmares even though her moods are all green. Kind of strange compared to how little Maxis has made them be affected by the deaths of other Sims...
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 06, 05:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Miscarriage - I suppose it's realistic to have that possibility, but that is sad.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 06, 07:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

inTeen has struck my game many a time when I haven't looked after my Sim ladies properly - if their hunger and energy is low, they may miscarry.

faemidwife, if you're still in need of the flavour pack to stop miscarriages, PM me and I'll upload it for you.  Smiley
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 06, 12:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Seventhson, I can get it.  I didn't RTFM well enough I guess.  The website cautions so many times not to use flavorpaks unless you know what they do, that I was just playing around trying to figure out what I might need.

C

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 06, 14:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for those that don't know, InTEEN is available here http://mysite.verizon.net/aestudios/sims2/

heres a important thread concerning it
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=3328

it was updated recently too

NL - 1.3i
Uni - 1.3g

Miscarriages were added because some of us that beta tested InTEEN for Jase requested it. They were not added to hurt anyone who has suffered them, frankly I dealt with 4 in 3 years so I know the pain very well but I still wanted my sims to be able to have them.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 06, 15:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what happened that he removed it from downloads?  Too many people whinning and bitching ? 
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 06, 16:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what happened that he removed it from downloads?  Too many people whinning and bitching ? 

I think so. I won't be surprised at all if Jase decides not to update for OFB.

Support was a headache because alot of people wouldn't RTFM or even do any conflict checking on their own, hell some would have a problem (that had nothing to do with InTEEN) in their game an blame it on InTEEN and tell everyone that InTEEN ruined their game  Angry *screams*  sorry I just get annoyed all over again when I think of all the shit Jase has had to deal with.

I don't have a problem with people that just RTFM quickly and miss a few things (I've done that myself) Its the ones that don't read any of the info and really have no clue what a hack is suppose to do, yet download it and then have the nerve to bitch about *insert random bitch here* that piss me off...

If I ever decide to become a modder and release my mods to the sims2 community, I think I would want to bitch-slap any idiot that posted "it don't work how can i fix it?" heh who am I kidding, I already want to do that  Wink 

I also hate 
how do i download this? (how can you be on the internet and not know this? How did they even get here?)
how do I install this? (specially annoying when directions are in the post right above)
where do I download this? (posted in the hacks thread)

Twojeffs may remember his trips&quads thread over at mts2 (along with a few of his other mod threads there) *laughs*  In atleast one I said "if you can't install it then maybe you don't deserve to have it"  Tongue 
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 06, 20:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Jase should get some lessons from Pescado.  I'm quite certain he doesn't give a crap what peasants says and he will make them know in no uncertain terms they are idiots too (and entertain the rest of us).

jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 07, 00:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Jase should get some lessons from Pescado.
Err, umm, that's just what I'm going to do.  Thanks for the tip.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 07, 01:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also hate 
how do i download this? (how can you be on the internet and not know this? How did they even get here?)
how do I install this? (specially annoying when directions are in the post right above)
where do I download this? (posted in the hacks thread)

1. Well we all had to learn once upon a time!
2. From the BBS?
3. Perhaps they need new glasses?
4. As above.

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 07, 02:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ, I really have no problem with people that really do need help (I know I get confused about stuff) it's the ones that don't try to help themseleves first that drive me nuts, they want all the answers handed to them  Roll Eyes

I've given someone a link to a help thread and had them turn around and ask me to post the answers "here" because they couldn't be bothered to read that whole thread  Angry

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 07, 02:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's just laziness, and I would agree with you (I was actually being facetious.......) as I know I just muddled along and found stuff out for myself.  I only started to ask questions when I couldn't find the answers I needed by searching through several websites!  Or if it was beyond me then to understand the explanations, I might ask for clarification.

Many of these questions about basics are, I think, posted by kids who just can't be bothered to think for themselves, they've gone through life with everything handed to them on a plate, never had to clean up after themselves, save up for something they wanted and just expect all adults to be as big a fool as their parents!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: