More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 08:39:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Adopted kids losing grades on day of adoption
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Adopted kids losing grades on day of adoption  (Read 4850 times)
JadeDruid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Adopted kids losing grades on day of adoption
« on: 2006 November 23, 02:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, this has happend to me on 3 seperate ocasssions, in 3 seperate lots.

I adopt a child at 10:00 in the moring (because thats when they are dropped off) and then a couple of sim-hours later the message comes up about the child losing a grade for missing school.
The child's aspiration hits rock-bottom because they got a "D" report card and then the warnings about bad grades = social worker start coming every few sim-hours.

Is this a glitch with the new EP? Because pre-Pets this didn't happen.

Is there a hack to prevent grade-loss from missing school? Because not only does this problem KILL my kids grades, sometimes in big families a distracted child will fail to catch the bus and this happens to them.

Thanks in advance for any help/funny comments you may post.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Adopted kids losing grades on day of adoption
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 23, 05:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only uni & nl, but happened the same. The only solution I found was take the child to school by car, as soon as social worker went away.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 23, 06:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It exists since TS1: if a sim-baby (and now toddler) is doing the transaction during school hours - he losses one grade (from C+ to C-, etc). Adopting a child in these hours (not your fault) will cause the same reaction.

The solution of Mahis is good. And for toddlers - always do the age transition after 6 PM.
CatGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 23, 07:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can adopt on weekends (call Friday or Saturday) to avoid this. As for toddler to child age transitions, if you wait until after noon, you're generally OK. Although I only have University . . . it seems to me I read somewhere it changed with one of the later EPs. Pescado probably knows when it's safe.
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 23, 10:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After nightlife, the loss of a grade (or work performance for adults) happens 1 hour before they are due to come home, rather than 1 hour after the start of school/work, because with cars it is possible to get them there later. If you drive them to school after 10am they won't lose a grade, but they won't gain one either.
JadeDruid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 23, 15:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know I can drive the kid to school, but usually I forget to get the working parent to leave the car at home.

Is there a phone-school hack like there is a phone-work option?
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 23, 17:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When it's happened to me I've used both the "take the kids to school in the car" solution and Inge's home worktable & workbook to help keep the grades up. It's at http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2School.htm at the bottom of the page. I haven't adopted any kids since Pets so I don't know for sure if it is compatible but I am assuming it is.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 24, 01:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this a glitch with the new EP? Because pre-Pets this didn't happen.

Thanks in advance for any help/funny comments you may post.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 24, 01:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well i screwed up that reply.  its an old glitch.  i saw it happen as far back as uni.  im not sure why you didnt see this before.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 26, 00:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't happen in base game only as far as I know.  I had base game only for a long time and didn't see it.  I didn't actually adopt much, but I do remember that the social worker always brought the kid at 10am if you phoned the previous day.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 26, 05:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pre-NL, Grade Loss Hour was 1000. Post-NL, Grade Loss Hour is at 1400 for children, 1200 for teens. This means since the SS delivers your broodling at 1000, it will always be around for grade loss hour on weekdays. This change was made because it was possible to drive to school or work now. However, it has a few unintended effects on events that occurred between that time window. The same thing will happen in pre-NL games if you age kids between 0800 and 1000. Never do this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: