More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 11:49:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Uploading sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uploading sims  (Read 5383 times)
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Uploading sims
« on: 2005 December 09, 11:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to burninate etc. I know im stupid. I want to add my self- sim to all the others (in case anyone wants it), but have no idea how to do it.

I've never packaged anything before, so can anyone help me? Full step-by-step instructions needed, or else ill cock it up and you will all have to live without Sim-Fiona.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Uploading sims
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 09, 11:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you have made your sim in bodyshop, click on the bit in the bottom right corner that says package (to the sims site or to a file on your pc). Just follow on-screen instructions.  Wink Easy-peasy.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 09, 11:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to burninate etc. I know im stupid. I want to add my self- sim to all the others (in case anyone wants it), but have no idea how to do it.

I've never packaged anything before, so can anyone help me? Full step-by-step instructions needed, or else ill cock it up and you will all have to live without Sim-Fiona.
1 clone Sim in Sim PE .2 export Sim from Body 3 put in My documents preferably a folder you can access easily make a new one if necessary.4.after exporting if size is under 640KB you can leave in sims2pack body shop makes.5 click attachments on the post you are making  then browse. 6. find self sim in My documents click on that 7.make sure box below Fiona sim says all files. 8. click open the file will then upload to MATY  9. click post .10. when post is done if there is a Custom hair mesh for Fiona it wont transfer in Sims2pack so a link will be needed where hair can be downloaded

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 09, 12:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Emma, but have opened body shop all of once,  and i dont have the necessary 6 weeks to wait for it to load on my computer. Although that sounds easier than the Simpe option, i think im going to have to do that. Thank you Bangelnuts, nice clear instructions. Now watch my computer crash horribly, and me lose everything ive ever done on it. (It doesnt like me).

Just a quick question, if its over 640kb, then just rar it? Have done that before, with my entire sims2 folder, so dont need help with that bit.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 09, 12:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Emma, but have opened body shop all of once,  and i dont have the necessary 6 weeks to wait for it to load on my computer. Although that sounds easier than the Simpe option, i think im going to have to do that. Thank you Bangelnuts, nice clear instructions. Now watch my computer crash horribly, and me lose everything ive ever done on it. (It doesnt like me).

Just a quick question, if its over 640kb, then just rar it? Have done that before, with my entire sims2 folder, so dont need help with that bit.

yes

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 09, 15:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL it does take forever to load doesn't it? I open it, and do all my housework while I wait for it to load Roll Eyes

cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 09, 15:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last time i made dinner- spaghetti bolognese, from scratch, and it was only two thirds of the way through. Dont want to have to go through that again. Also, im going home at the start of next week, so might try it on my computer (got my mums laptop right now), just to see if its any faster.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 10, 08:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you could always pop your custom content up onto the desktop and make the sim maxis stuff only.  Or just keep the hair you want to use.  Bodyshop loads much faster if there's fewer files for it to load. 

By the way, How do you clone a sim with SimPE... How do you locate one that's not part of the base neighborhood?  I have one I'd like to clone and I can't find her in the neighborhood viewer because she lives in downtown.  I finally packaged her up on a lot, but I'd rather extract her. (I know, it's stupid, huh? I can do all sorts of stuff with objects but am a n00b when it comes to editing sims themselves).

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 10, 15:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you could always pop your custom content up onto the desktop and make the sim maxis stuff only.  Or just keep the hair you want to use.  Bodyshop loads much faster if there's fewer files for it to load. 

By the way, How do you clone a sim with SimPE... How do you locate one that's not part of the base neighborhood?  I have one I'd like to clone and I can't find her in the neighborhood viewer because she lives in downtown.  I finally packaged her up on a lot, but I'd rather extract her. (I know, it's stupid, huh? I can do all sorts of stuff with objects but am a n00b when it comes to editing sims themselves).
go to neighborhood browser open. then go to sim surgery. select the sims picture that you want to clone click use under the first box the selected sims picture will appear in the box then click export which will be highlighted in blue.a box will pop up click save. and your selected sim will appear in your saved sims file and body shop.location of said sim ie downtown/main hood or uni is irrelevant as long as the correct neighbor was opened in the first place.

dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 11, 09:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks, I'll try it again.  It's possible that SimPE was reading my clean 'hood and not the one in the "player" profile.

Yep, that was the problem.  easy as pie, once I had the correct version of the game keyed into simPE.

Grin thank you so much.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 11, 09:59:59 by dewshine » Logged

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 11, 12:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks, I'll try it again.  It's possible that SimPE was reading my clean 'hood and not the one in the "player" profile.

Yep, that was the problem.  easy as pie, once I had the correct version of the game keyed into simPE.

Grin thank you so much.
your'e welcome Smiley

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 11, 16:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last time i made dinner- spaghetti bolognese, from scratch, and it was only two thirds of the way through. Dont want to have to go through that again. Also, im going home at the start of next week, so might try it on my computer (got my mums laptop right now), just to see if its any faster.

Hey - winrar some of the spaghetti bolognese along with sim Fiona.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 11, 22:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People, I have discovered (the hard way of course) that lotpackager does not pick up all the relevant files when you package a sim and a lot together.  I don't know whether it works better if you package a sim from bodyshop. 

I cleaned up files and deleted memories and packaged some sim families with nice clothes ready to send.  Then I read about this problem on MATY - the poster said it didn't always pick up mesh files.  So I took All my clothes and stuff out of the game, installed the package I was going to send Simmiecal, went into my game and popped them down in my Testing neighbourhood.  When I went into the lot - no sims.  I found a hair file and a couple of others and put them in, that time I got sims on the lot missing most of their clothes.  It's possible I've just made a major mess cleaning up my sism2pack files ready to send.  But check first before you send the file to simiecal. and add any files that are missing into the zip you send her.  I'm back to maxis defaults because I can't remember two months on, what these guys had for underwear never mind find the files among the zillions in my download folder.  I'm really ticked off - I spent ages deleting and  cleaning up the relationships and memories etc so I wouldn't pollute the hood..

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 12, 10:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey - winrar some of the spaghetti bolognese along with sim Fiona.

Would love to, but have no food, as im going home on wed, sorry!

And dewshine, it takes 7 mins to transfer my downloads folder onto the desktop, had to do it last week for a hack problem (inteen-still not sorted), so thats not much fun either.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 16, 20:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, 7 mins huh?  No I agree that's no fun. 

I keep Sims2 on two seprate profiles.  One is genetics only, with items in their own folders, right down to the eyes divided by color. For building I use all maxis stuff.  I try to use maxis genetics if I can, but popping in my blue eyes for a sim who needs custom eyes only takes a few seconds.  I suppose that having 2 profiles won't work in some OS.  Of course my desktop is cluttered with folders...
One key thing I like about bodyshop are that there are sliders for cheeks, lips, eyes, and jaw that are not inclued in CAS.  Plus you can blend archtypes with the sliders and in CAS you can't that I know of.

Does moving Saved Sims help with the load times for you? 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: