More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 18:22:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do you change a dog's Master?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do you change a dog's Master?  (Read 2874 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
How do you change a dog's Master?
« on: 2009 June 20, 08:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I change a dog's master?  I couldn't do it in SimPE.  The only relevant thing I can see in SimPE is the dog's memory "got a master".  I changed that, but the master icon is still on the wrong sim when I check in game.  Am I looking in the wrong place or is it just that SimPE isn't really set up to edit pets?  If the SimPE route is a bust, what do I have to do in game? 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: How do you change a dog's Master?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 20, 08:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I change a dog's master?  I couldn't do it in SimPE.  The only relevant thing I can see in SimPE is the dog's memory "got a master".
A dog's master is fixed for the life of the master or the dog. If you want to change it, you have to edit the relationship in SimPE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 20, 10:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no tick box for master on the dog's relationships panel.  It is identical to a normal sim panel.  That's the problem

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 20, 10:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the ticks is analogous, then.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 20, 11:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't look like it.  I have two dogs in the family with different masters.  The relationship tab of sim description has the same boxes checked regardless of who is master.  If you start with the sims, they have 'known' and 'bff' checked for both sim to dog and dog to sim.  If you start from the dog's sim description, only 'known' is checked for sim to dog and dog to sim.   So it's consistently inconsistent.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: