More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 16:58:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Uni weirdness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uni weirdness  (Read 6215 times)
behold_the_muse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Uni weirdness
« on: 2007 October 12, 18:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim and her fiancee living in a dorm and graduate together. When I had her call the cab to go back to the neighborhood, they both got in the cab. Fine, I thought, he just graduated too and he would have called a cab anyway. He's an adult, but when I try to get him a job I get a popup saying he should work on his grades before he thinks about working. Huh? This is a shiny new neighborhood with only 7 playable characters. Is it fucked up already? Or am I doing something retarded?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Uni weirdness
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 12, 19:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the fiance sim have a uni diploma (I think that's in the job rewards for the sim)?  If not, try using the lot debugger to upgrade pre-uni Sim.  This should give him his graduated status and hopefully get rid of the "work on grades" garbage.

Additionally, make sure you do not have old versions of awesome hacks.

Tribulatio proxima est
behold_the_muse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 12, 19:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. Updated hacks and checked his inventory and memories. He remembers graduating with honors and has his diploma. No relevant fixes on the lot debugger. Turned debug mode on, nothing unusual. Tried shift-clicking the newspaper and getting him the job he wants. "Don't you have homework to do?" No! He doesn't have any fracking homework! He just graduated with a 4.0! I even deleted him and reloaded the lot. I think I'm going to try to age him up and then back down. If that doesn't work, he's giving his Family asp. wife some kids and going for a swim in a ladderless pool.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 12, 19:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, he probably got borked the minute he got into the cab with her -- that's not normal game behavior at all.  The game is definitely not seeing him as a graduate.  You can try fixing him with TwoJeffs' College Adjuster, found over on the Inteen site. And you should definitely make sure you don't have any uni-related hacks or aging hacks that are old and could be causing a problem.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
behold_the_muse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 12, 20:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tested the frat on campus. When the founding senior graduated, all but one of his roommates hopped in the cab. They were freshmen and sophomores. They had nothing in their queue and I couldn't stop them. I exited without saving. Oh, and changing Todd's age did nothing. I think the last thing I put in the game was the kitten killer (ducks cat macros), but I installed it after I had the initial problem.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 12, 20:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the correct updated versions of Awesome hacks, the question remains (kitten killer aside) what other hacks you have.  This is now beginning to sound like the work of the nonawesome.

It may also be caused by other custom content.  Bad meshes, special furniture, etc.

Have you tried a vanilla test of this (play through a graduation scenario without any hacks loaded).

Tribulatio proxima est
behold_the_muse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 12, 20:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked the dates on my downloads. It was the Kitten Killer. Embarrassed *hangs head in shame* I'm terribly embarrassed. Everything worked fine when I took it out.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 12, 20:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked the dates on my downloads. It was the Kitten Killer. Embarrassed *hangs head in shame* I'm terribly embarrassed. Everything worked fine when I took it out.

Yeah, Inteen caused me no end of problems too.  Mind you, I had the right version installed at the time , so perhaps the issue there is a bit different.  Grin

I replaced Inteen with Jennflower's Woohoo Teens (no teen pregnancy though, if you're worried about that sort of thing).

Tribulatio proxima est
behold_the_muse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 12, 22:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't ACR have teen whoohoo? I've never actually had a teen pregnancy. I guess I don't mind playing without InTeen, but it was nice to have an excuse for some sims to drop out of school.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 12, 22:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, ACR does support autonomous teen (and YA) woohoo.  You'd only need Woohoo Teens if you want to manually direct them to get it on.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 13, 00:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this same problem (see "Sims refuse to fall in love thread").  Pescado's Petjobfixes conflicting with the kitten killer causes it.  There a fix on the inTeen forum.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 13, 01:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't ACR have teen whoohoo? I've never actually had a teen pregnancy. I guess I don't mind playing without InTeen, but it was nice to have an excuse for some sims to drop out of school.

Meh, first time that happened to me, I thought something was borked until I went back and re-read the RTFM.  Anyway, twojeffs over at the Inteen site also has homework hacks that will at least reduce the amount of homework your sim kids and teens have to do, even if it doesn't keep them completely out of school.

Tribulatio proxima est
behold_the_muse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 13, 05:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There a fix on the inTeen forum.

That makes sense. You'd think I'd know better than to plop such a massive mod in my game so haphazardly.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 13, 14:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 13, 15:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: