More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:40:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hide cars in neighborhood view?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hide cars in neighborhood view?  (Read 3935 times)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Hide cars in neighborhood view?
« on: 2007 September 13, 09:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The subject is pretty much self-explanatory: Is there a way to hide the cars in NH view? Hiding the streets doesn't do the job, unfortunately.

Another question: Is there a way to get rid of the NH trees without having to delete them one by one?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Hide cars in neighborhood view?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 13, 10:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cheat for cars is boolProp carsCompact [true/false] -- false hides the cars.

AFAIK, you can only hide the neighbourhood flora, but not delete it all in one go. I wish there was a way to do this, actually, because deleting every single tree is very time consuming and tedious.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 13, 10:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cheat for cars is boolProp carsCompact [true/false] -- false hides the cars.

Thanks, NVA - exactly what I've been looking for.

AFAIK, you can only hide the neighbourhood flora, but not delete it all in one go. I wish there was a way to do this, actually, because deleting every single tree is very time consuming and tedious.

Too bad Sad - when creating new hoods, I usually delete and remake them until the game generates the trees *I* want, which is faster than the unnerving tree-hunt, but I was hoping for a way to get rid of out of place flora in already populated hoods.

ETA:

Unfortunately, the carsCompact cheat doesn't hide the cars, true just shows them less detailed, without shadows a.s.o. Sad Does anyone else have an idea how to get rid of them?
« Last Edit: 2007 September 17, 09:19:48 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 29, 17:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also been looking for that one, I KNEW I had it at an earlier point - and with some help from Nocommente on the N99-board, who directed me here:
http://www.aussietopenders-sims2.com/Programs.htm
Using the "Lucas Sims 2 Manager" which changed my user startup file, i finally found the cheat itself:
boolProp carsEnabled false
Which of course can be used as it is, no program needed.

BUT unfortunately this cheat doesnt work if you have BV Sad

If anyone with BV succeeds with this pls report - my medieval sims need to be climate-smart again, no filthy cars!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: