More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 13:28:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV issue - vacation lot freezes when Sims try to leave
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV issue - vacation lot freezes when Sims try to leave  (Read 3222 times)
snapdragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
BV issue - vacation lot freezes when Sims try to leave
« on: 2007 September 09, 22:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed BV a few days ago and up until today had no problems with it. I sent two Sims on a vacation to Twikkii island on 2 separate occasions without incident. Today when I sent them back to the island after they bought a vacation home, there was a problem when they would try to leave a community lot. They took a taxi to Whitesand Hot Springs so they could learn massage, and when I clicked on the phone booth so they could go to another lot, the game froze and I had to quit without saving. 

I sent them back on a fourth vacation but had them stay at a hotel, so they could walk to the lot instead of taking a taxi. I think they successfully arrived at and departed from the Whitesand Place (I can't remember for sure, because I went through this scenario about 3 times), then I had them go to the boardwalk. When I clicked on the phone booth to make them walk back to the hotel, the same thing happened.

I uninstalled the game in case something got corrupted but haven't re-installed it yet. I was wondering if anyone else had this experience or if anyone has any idea what could have caused it?
EWallace
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: BV issue - vacation lot freezes when Sims try to leave
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 09, 22:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I experienced this.  Cured it by removing the phone hacks, which don't seem to interfere with anything except the payphones on vacation lots...
snapdragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 09, 23:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much! I stupidly forgot to remove my hacks before installing the game, although I did the same thing with every other EP I installed and never had a problem. I guess it caught up with me. Thanks again!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 10, 01:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, I hope you've both checked the directories here and downloaded the latest BV versions of the hacks?  There's been quite a few updates since BV came out...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
snapdragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 10, 10:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the reminder -- I'm going to do that today. I was enjoying BV and want to get back to playing it without problems so I'll make sure everything is up to date.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: