More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 09:34:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction  (Read 221067 times)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
« Reply #375 on: 2007 September 30, 16:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? I thought it was the same truck, but I have to admit that I didn't look too close.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2007 September 30, 19:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same truck type, different graphics on the side.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: 2007 September 30, 23:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah. This isn't worthy of a separate topic, so I'm tacking it on here. Has anyone been able to get "familyFunds" working since BV? I can't seem to do it. With family name, without family name. With capitalization, without capitalization. In lot view, in 'hood view. I finally had to go into SimPE to edit the family funds down $8,000 for a private school fee (I prefer one huge payment, it hurts more).

If you've got it working, what exact format are you using? It seems much more picky. I used to just use it in-lot and type "familyFunds -35000". Worked. Now, nada.

Is there more than one family with the same surname? When that happens, the family who was created first, or who appeared in the Family Bin first, will receive the funds, no matter what. So if, for example, you have some elderly parents named Smith, and also their moved-out spawn of the same name, the elder Smiths will receive the funds, even though you are playing the younger Smiths' lot.

@seapup: The familyFunds cheat has always worked in both the neighbourhood and lot views AFAIK. This is not new.

Edited for stupid punctuation.

ETA:

about dissatisfaction, i think also that the changing cloth (in / out cloth) shouldn't be autonomous, many time you go out just for few secs. (paying taxes or taking the paper, and this thing that they change cloth, every minutes they go out or going back in home, is very annoying

ummm... but it's about seasons, sorry for th OffTopic XD

I'm having the opposite problem. My sims NEVER auto-change into outerwear. I'm currently investigating my hacks for potential conflicts, but the HCDU showed nothing, and I have no outerwear-related hacks that I know of.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 30, 23:51:06 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2007 October 01, 01:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah. This isn't worthy of a separate topic, so I'm tacking it on here. Has anyone been able to get "familyFunds" working since BV? I can't seem to do it. With family name, without family name. With capitalization, without capitalization. In lot view, in 'hood view. I finally had to go into SimPE to edit the family funds down $8,000 for a private school fee (I prefer one huge payment, it hurts more).

If you've got it working, what exact format are you using? It seems much more picky. I used to just use it in-lot and type "familyFunds -35000". Worked. Now, nada.

Is there more than one family with the same surname? When that happens, the family who was created first, or who appeared in the Family Bin first, will receive the funds, no matter what. So if, for example, you have some elderly parents named Smith, and also their moved-out spawn of the same name, the elder Smiths will receive the funds, even though you are playing the younger Smiths' lot.
No. There were only two lots at the time, and the one was Keith, the other was Young. I don't know what I was doing. I got it to work the other night.

EDIT: Now I know what was up. I tried the cheat the second time on my self-sim to give her the endowment from Lilly's will for the 'hood's school...$48,000. Family name is Abubu, and it worked. I went into the founder's lot (family name Keith) last night and the first thing I tried was familyfund'ing -$48,000. Nope. Sorry. No effect. Whatever, I'll fix it in SimPe. I entered SimPe today to make the change, and I have three households listing Keith as the last name. One is the main family of strays, the other is a family of just two strays. But it's that small stray family that is now at -38587 due to my repeated efforts. Oops. Needless to say, the family is now going by Burnett, since Lilly's second husband had that last name and I certainly can't name the house Young (like her son, daughter-in-law, and grandkids still in the house) as her son living out of the house with his family has the same name. Gah!
« Last Edit: 2007 October 02, 19:32:46 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: 2007 October 01, 06:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the opposite problem. My sims NEVER auto-change into outerwear. I'm currently investigating my hacks for potential conflicts, but the HCDU showed nothing, and I have no outerwear-related hacks that I know of.

Mine don't either.

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2007 October 01, 06:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma and Notveryawesome, do you have nounneededcoats (Pascado) ? From what I understand from the code, it only make sims change into their outerwear if the temperature is below -70 (not that often in my game).
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: 2007 October 01, 15:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I do. Thing is though, my sims go downtown or whatever and all the townies are in their outerwear but my sim isn't. I thought 'No Unneeded Coats' would be constant throughout the game not just for the current playable.

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2007 October 01, 15:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I understand, nounneededcoats change the behaviour of sims going through a door or a gate. It has nothing to do with the arrival of sims on a lot through a portal. It seems (in my game) that sims arriving that way (on a community lot or a home lot) will always wear outerwear in winter, regardless of the temperature. As the temperature on a community lot rapidly tends to zero, with nounneededcoats the townies will probably not change to everyday upon entreing the shop, because the temperature also needs to be below -70 for sims to change back to casual.
I'm not sure that's clear, my english is not cooperating right now.
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2007 October 01, 16:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had never tried the familyfunds cheat from in-lot before, because I stupidly believed the EAxis readme :

"familyfunds NAME XXXX
Assigns money value to a family from the neighborhood level."

Stupid EAxis readme.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2007 October 01, 19:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you leave anyone behind to look after pets/younger sims or did you hire the nanny?

Yes, there was an adult family member to stay behind.

I have all EPs and only awesomehacks  Tongue

I expect that this is something that will be patched.

More F than you
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: 2007 October 01, 23:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I understand, nounneededcoats change the behaviour of sims going through a door or a gate. It has nothing to do with the arrival of sims on a lot through a portal. It seems (in my game) that sims arriving that way (on a community lot or a home lot) will always wear outerwear in winter, regardless of the temperature. As the temperature on a community lot rapidly tends to zero, with nounneededcoats the townies will probably not change to everyday upon entreing the shop, because the temperature also needs to be below -70 for sims to change back to casual.
I'm not sure that's clear, my english is not cooperating right now.

Thanks for the explanation, pioupiou. I've removed nounneededcoats, because I really don't care if my vampires wear coats unnecessarily. Besides, isn't it in a supernatural being's best interest to sort of blend in with the crowds? Wink

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2007 October 02, 13:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a weird glitch last night. A YA on vacation at Twikki Island autonomously queued up "gesture-hang loose" 3 or 4 times in a row. But the picture on the action icon was a pink bottle, and the animation and sound effect was drinking love potion. He did not even have love potion in his inventory as far as I know.

More F than you
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: 2007 October 02, 14:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the explanation, pioupiou. I've removed nounneededcoats, because I really don't care if my vampires wear coats unnecessarily. Besides, isn't it in a supernatural being's best interest to sort of blend in with the crowds? Wink

Agreed, thanks pioupiou. I'm taking mine out too Grin

InPinkClover
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2007 October 02, 14:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's part of your problem: 50,000 downloads.  Haven't you heard of jfade's compressorizer?  http://www.djssims.com/index.php?category=21

Yep, sure have heard of it ... and I use it.  I played BV *first* without *any* downloads, and I was not impressed. There are a few things I miss, but I think I'll wait for a patch, then wait to see what you all say about the patch. Then maybe I'll try it again.  Cheesy

I don't have 50k downloads on purpose! lol  There are some absolutely gorgeous items out there. I like realism in my game so I go thru a lot of items finding just the right thing (can't always tell by the pictures how good an item looks in game).  Takes time to weed thru all the files to get rid of what you don't want and/or need.  I'm down to 35k files now, hoping to eventually get it down to 20 or so.  We'll see!  hehe

So the general consensus is NOT to use the compressorizor, eh?  Hmmm, when I researched it, all I found was good stuff about it.  I'll do a search here, see if it's been talked about before (I didn't know about MATY until just recently).  Man, when my drive crashed I lost my backups (because I'm an idiot and never got around to putting another copy on my storage drive) so I don't have the uncompressed versions anymore.  This is going to be a LONG day.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2007 October 02, 18:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a weird glitch last night. A YA on vacation at Twikki Island autonomously queued up "gesture-hang loose" 3 or 4 times in a row. But the picture on the action icon was a pink bottle, and the animation and sound effect was drinking love potion. He did not even have love potion in his inventory as far as I know.

I've seen someone with this problem on livejournal. In their case it started when they directed the sim to book a vacation, then it started to crop up with other actions, picking up the son, playing with the cat, eating, so forth so on.
They narrowed it down to a conflict between syberspunk's apologise and renuyu orb ltw fix.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2007 October 04, 20:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dear. I have neither of those. Maybe I will be able to get an error log, if it persists.

More F than you
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2007 October 04, 21:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dear. I have neither of those. Maybe I will be able to get an error log, if it persists.

I tend to run with debug mode on at all times, and BV seems to have more of the weird things that happen without actually causing an official error.  You may not get a log, if it's one of those glitches.

Tribulatio proxima est
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: 2007 October 04, 21:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen someone with this problem on livejournal. In their case it started when they directed the sim to book a vacation, then it started to crop up with other actions, picking up the son, playing with the cat, eating, so forth so on.
They narrowed it down to a conflict between syberspunk's apologise and renuyu orb ltw fix.

That would have been me. I only had that problem with those two hacks, and haven't had it again since taking them out. I'll be interested to see if you can recreate it/what's causing it in your game tngrspacecadet.

ETA: my LJ post. My sim did have a potion in his inventory, but only one. He ended up taking three or four in a row at one point.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2007 October 05, 02:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone getting Climate Controller errors during rain? It's happening without hacks. Doesn't seem to be breaking anything and it's only once per storm, but it's annoying.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2007 October 05, 04:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any rain yet but I will keep an eye out to see if it happens, then it will just be one more odd error in my game.  Undecided

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2007 October 09, 17:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will try playing with debug mode on and see what happens.  Tongue

More F than you
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2007 October 10, 01:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any rain yet but I will keep an eye out to see if it happens,

I'll try running with scissors to see what happens.  Tongue

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2007 October 10, 04:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any rain yet but I will keep an eye out to see if it happens,

I'll try running with scissors to see what happens.  Tongue
Hey, one of my sims cut off his hand that way!  Lips sealed

Oh. I finally found a way to get the tourists to swim at my public beach:

Yup, drown someone. Now, there are repercussions. Iyana was so upset that I'd killed her mother (my most beautiful sim  Cry) that she went and screwed her step-grandpa. Ew.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2007 October 10, 10:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[IMAGE]

Yup, drown someone.

LMAO - that's just priceless  Cheesy

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Teren_rox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2007 October 12, 12:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow how?

Because I'm tired of seeing the beaches empty with no people other than my sims.

This is madness! No, this is EAxis! - Sorry you guys suck a lot
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: