More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 13:39:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Duplicate SS dormies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Duplicate SS dormies  (Read 3331 times)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Duplicate SS dormies
« on: 2007 June 27, 17:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a new one for me, and I didn't find an old post on this.  One of my uni YAs went to a community lot to meet people and there were two "occurences" of one of the secret society sims.  Very funny when one "George" decided to hang out with the other "George".  Doesn't seem to affect play (although I haven't tested what happens if my sim relates to one or the other - does it affect both?).  No jump bugs or error messages.  This has happened as well with another SS sim who duplicated on a community lot (one version in the SS blazer, and one in her everyday clothes).  Only happens on community lots, never in the dorm.

I have checked via windows and SimPE and there seems to be only one "George" in the game (no duplicate files), and all my dormies/townies are CAS created (none generated by the game).  If it helps, I (still) have just the Base and Uni installed. 

I'm mainly wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and whether it's a bad sign.

Tribulatio proxima est
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Duplicate SS dormies
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 27, 18:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen once on one of the University community lots (the really tall tower at Sim State).  Two secret society members were there with identical duplicates.  I left the lot without saving, and haven't seen it happen again.  Nothing particularly bad has occurred since.

That is totally wierd, that is the exact same lot where i ran into a duplicate set of a SS member.  This also was back when i only had the Univ EP.   Every interaction i made to the duplicate (who was wearing everyday dlothes) effected the SS member, not the duplicate.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 27, 19:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happens pretty often, and doesn't seem to be a harmful glitch. It seems to happen especially often when there's too few sims to choose from, or too few of a specific type (like secret society members). I just ignore it when it happens to me. If I have different sims interract with the clones, the relationships change as normal. The clones get properly updated (seen when they become one again), and the other sims only meet the cloned sim once, not twice. So I haven't observed any harm coming from this.

Fail.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 27, 19:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This could be the problem.  I have only created enough dormies to fill the dorms currently occupied by my playable sim students.  That means that total uni population is below 39 sims.  Additionally, there are only about 3-4 SS members created so far, and none of my playables has been kidnapped so far.  With nodormieregen installed, the game is not generating new SS members, so may be duplicating the ones it has.  As mentioned by others, this does not appear to cause a problem with game play, so I will just ignore it for now.

It's not restricted to one uni either.  I have La Tour Academie installed, which is where I noticed the glitch.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: