More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 06:06:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Wipe "met x" memory?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wipe "met x" memory?  (Read 8722 times)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Wipe "met x" memory?
« on: 2007 June 18, 07:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a hack to wipe all "met x" memories (similar to the Lot Debugger option "wipe mystery sim")? It's pretty annoying to have to scroll through a bazillion of "met bla" to find memories you're looking for.

Any help would be highly appreciated Grin

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Wipe "met x" memory?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 18, 08:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've been thinking of that for awhile, but now that it's clear that it's not just a personal thing, it'll be in the next debugger.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 18, 08:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have a problem with this until OFB, when business owners suddenly had so many met sim memories that it was hard to find anything else in the clutter.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 18, 09:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've been thinking of that for awhile, but now that it's clear that it's not just a personal thing, it'll be in the next debugger.

Glad to read that it's not just me Cheesy

*waits eagerly for the next debugger*

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 18, 10:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*joins sloppyhousewife in waiting for next Debugger*

I hate those "Met x" memories as well ...

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 18, 10:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, it's up already, right? Currently purges the trash memories of Met Sim, Met Pet, and Move-In/Move-Out.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 18, 10:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, it's up already, right?

But of course Grin

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 18, 15:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, it's up already, right? Currently purges the trash memories of Met Sim, Met Pet, and Move-In/Move-Out.
What the......ok, now I'm beginning to think you live in another dimension or something, because that was too quick. Igor, my servo future-business-mogul, thanks you in advance.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 18, 15:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if we could bully Theo into making a SimPE wizard plugin to do this en masse for a whole neigbourhood.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 18, 15:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if we could bully Theo into making a SimPE wizard plugin to do this en masse for a whole neigbourhood.
It is not that much of a stretch to just make the Debugger do that, too, but since the issue is harmless and not even strictly a bug, I haven't felt the need for such a thing. The Debugger is already capable of expunging gossip on a neighborhood-wide level.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 18, 15:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm loving the gossip-expunging thing, too -- think I'll purge my hoods of gossip and drop a no autonomous gossip mod in.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 18, 16:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that mod, and they still gossip. Then again, it is a non-awesome mod (by Squinge), so that could explain why the sims still gossip, even when they're not supposed to.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 18, 17:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I clear gossip every generation now. It makes perfect sense for the zombies to gossip (in theire rare non-cheese obsessed moments)about Harley and Hazel's consecutive tag-team deaths-by-scaring since they are the current generation's grandparents, but not to gossip about April's burning a poptart. That was 9-10 generations ago.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 18, 19:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want a mass lobotomy option!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 18, 19:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this help with the 'Met Self' bug that can occur and cause problems in a neighborhood?

Essentially, if I run this aspect of the newly spiffy debugger, does it clear that up sufficiently? (For those sims that got it before I put the hack in that prevents that memory?)

Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 18, 20:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to have an option to delete the 'mystery sim' memories or will that still need to be done manually?
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 18, 20:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that function is already included, though I could have been hallucinating when I saw it as an option.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 18, 20:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You weren't having visions, NVA. "Delete Mystery Sim" has been there for a looooooooong time.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 18, 20:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Phew! That's a relief! Grin

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 19, 01:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note that the Mystery Sim can only be deleted if it would not break chronology. I.E., you have to wipe the mystery sim BEFORE your sim goes about getting any kisses.

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 19, 05:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or if, for example, you make a CAS Sim with kids but no spouse.  The Mystery Sim memories that refer to the non-existant spouse are stuck there for good.  And rightly so - it just wouldn't do for a Sim to get their Very First WooHoo memory after they'd already had kids...

All generalizations are false, including this one.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 19, 06:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad I read this thread- the "meet x" ones are annoying, but I really hate those "move in/out" ones.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: