More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 10:28:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Building Issue in NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Building Issue in NL  (Read 3448 times)
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
Building Issue in NL
« on: 2005 October 08, 00:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Up until NL I was always able to build a house either with a Sim already living in it for testing and then going to another lot and having the Sim on that lot invite the Sim to move in.  After the Sim moved in you could go back to the other lot and it would be as s/he left it with furniture etc and you could clean it up for upload.  Another thing that worked was to build the lot with the Sim and then killing the Sim. 

Ever since NL if I move the Sim out all the furnishings go with him.  (That I can accept as it was most likely by design and I was taking advantage of a previous bug.)  The one thing I can't accept is that whenever I kill a Sim so I can keep the house furnished, the reaper will come, take the Sim and then once the lot is empty of characters the save, exit and neighborhood buttons are grayed out.

I know that is not by design.  My specs are not blue ribbon but a lot better than average, and more than enough to run the game so I don't feel it's an computer issue.  My only hacks are the Multi Painting and Mind Control Mirror and I've seem numerous posts that those two were NL compatible.

I didn't know if anyone else was having the same issue.  The only thing I've done differently is the Sim that I moved and/or tried to kill for their furnishings was created with the Tombstone of L&D. 

Any comments or ideas are appreciated.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
Re: Building Issue in NL
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 08, 01:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a normal function of the game (with and without NL).

Use the 'Stay-Things Shrub' over at Simlogical: http://www.simlogical.com/index.htm

Instant gratification takes too long.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 08, 01:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried Inge's stay here shrub for moving a sim out but keeping the furniture in? It's on simlogical.com and she says it's NL compatible. Also, another trick I like to use to keep the furniture but move the sim out is to do the cheat changelotzoning dorm, save and go to the neighborhood, move the sim out to the sim bin, then go into the lot and do changelotzoning residential, save and exit. You should then have a residential furnished but previously lived in lot without the sim.

I believe yet another method is to save the lot with the sim to a package file, then open it with Sims2pack Clean Installer and select only the lot file and not the sim or family files then resave the sims2pack file with just the lot and install it or upload it or whatever you want to do with it.

As for the buttons getting greyed out, the only suggestion I could make to try is to see if maybe the boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false cheat re-enabled those buttons to save for you. Or perhaps do changelotzoning community or dorm, then immediately do changelotzoning residential to get it back to a residential lot. I know for me I can get saving on community lots enabled this way.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 08, 05:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The way I do it is to teleport them into an empty lot inhabited by a 'holder' Sim that they never actually interact with as I keep the game on Pause the whole time.  I then move them in with Inge's teleporter shrub (which doesn't give them a relationship with the 'holder', or any move-in memory).  I save the game and exit, then go into SimPE and transfer them to the Family Bin manually, adding back the total of the cash and house value they had.  Their house then retains all its furniture and they're free to buy another.  I will probably still do that even with the inventory available, because putting furniture in their doesn't really help in that you still have to set it all up again and I absolutely hate doing that. 

What I would like is a way to transfer a house and inhabitants from the main neighbourhood to Downtown (or vice versa), which doesn't seem possible.  There should be some sort of 'holding bin' for that purpose.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 11, 05:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought you were never suppose to upload a house that had a sim on it period?? I always built the house-- save to file.  Then I put a family in the house.  Have them live there for a while--making lists of any issues that have to be corrected.  Then I place a clean house down-- and fix the issues and upload the clean house(deleting the old house)  Am I making this much harder than need be??
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 11, 07:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I do for houses I am making to share is I first move my downloads folder right out of the way and make a new one with just the custom things I am going to put in the house (so I can list them accurately for the user)

Then I make and furnish the house to the best of my ability and package it, before any sim has ever been near it.

Then lastly I unpack it as if I was the end user who had just downloaded it, and test it with the sort of family it was meant for.   If all goes well I can release the package without having to do anything about my test family.  But before I do that, I remove my download folder again, and see what custom content gets installed with the house.   I expect to only see the same number of files as I chose to put into it before I made it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 11, 13:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also use the changeLotZoning to make a residential lot which has a high rent into a dorm, move my sim in and then change it back again! 

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: