More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 02:40:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What hacks are there out there to controll servos the way you want?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What hacks are there out there to controll servos the way you want?  (Read 4269 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
What hacks are there out there to controll servos the way you want?
« on: 2007 June 07, 13:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a long time I used Pescado's noservochores, even though I really want servos to do chores.  I've tried taking it out several times and letting servos run loose, but all the stupidity they come up with on their own (especially playing with water wigglers) drove me mad.  Keeping them on power idle overrides the chores, so that wasn't an option either.
I've tried Paladin's servo controller system, and I'm not exactly sure what about it bothers me so much, but I've never been happy with it, and as far as I understand it requires servos to have free will, leaving the problem of stupid behaviour.
Right now I'm using the individual free will off hack, and that is working a to a degree, but the fricking constant cooking is driving me absolute mad!
I have partially been able to counter that by using authorizedpersonnelonly to keep servos out of the kitchen, but since I want them to clean the kitchen, that's not a very good solution.  So, I've started building a sort of pantry into my kitchen; a 2x3 tile room containing just the fridge and stove (also handy for locking out the nanny), and locking them out of there (although it takes a bit of fiddling, since there is no "deny > Servo" option).  That mostly works, but I sometimes have problems with authorizedpersonnelonly not letting me lock the room, no matter what I try; the lock option just does not appear (problem persists on two lots, two other lots have locked their pantries without problem).

Any suggestions on how to deal with this?
I hate micromanagement.  I want servos to clean, repair and garden; all the time, as soon as the option appears, and the rest of the time I want them to stand around not doing anything.
Does anyone know of a "no servo cooking" hack, and possibly "servo leave the fricking baby alone!" hack?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: What hacks are there out there to controll servos the way you want?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 07, 14:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put a 10-neat Servo with maxed Mechanical on "Be Farmer". His secondary task list will include cleaning, repairing, and gardening, although his first priority will be to tend your (critical) plants. Be Farmer does not require the presence of a business to assign. As Servos do not eat, he will never cook, nor will he be given any free will to do stupid shit. He will automatically power down and power up as needed to maintain his energy and Kick [The Cheat] for fun. And show up in chat more. Silly Fat Gwilly People.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 07, 14:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I miss with all the macros is that a macrotastic sim is sort of untouchable.  Any free will sims around will be unable to autonomously start conversations and otherwise interact; so that's what I really like about individual free will off.
I still want a slave-mode macro, even though be farmer is close to what I want.

Any idea what's preventimg me from locking kitchens properly?  They have real doors; not arches, the room is completely walled up; no fences or half-walls, but the option to lock/unlock does just not appear.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 07, 14:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I miss with all the macros is that a macrotastic sim is sort of untouchable.  Any free will sims around will be unable to autonomously start conversations and otherwise interact; so that's what I really like about individual free will off.
This sort of behavior is actually deadly, as a sim that is being bombarded with socials can end up stunlocked and unable to function because the attacks keep resetting its countdown-to-do-something. I am experimenting with an autonomy tweak to cause it not to wait to choose an action if it has low motives, to avoid stunlocking.

Any idea what's preventimg me from locking kitchens properly?  They have real doors; not arches, the room is completely walled up; no fences or half-walls, but the option to lock/unlock does just not appear.
The Lock option will not appear in two cases: A: The room is already locked for some reason (unlock will appear instead), or B: You have not chosen any locking modes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 07, 15:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The rooms are not locked, because no unlocking option appears.  I have picked plenty of locking modes (visitors, autonomous, hostiles, disruptive, pass-through, tourists, animals, sometimes even everyone) and added a few overrides to let in those who should get in.  Still no luck.
I've even fiddled a bit around with the debug options, and the only thing that seems to do anything is forcing error and re-setting; then the unlock option appears, but the room still acts unlocked.  If I try to unlock it, the option to lock it again does not appear.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 07, 18:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sort of behavior is actually deadly, as a sim that is being bombarded with socials can end up stunlocked and unable to function because the attacks keep resetting its countdown-to-do-something. I am experimenting with an autonomy tweak to cause it not to wait to choose an action if it has low motives, to avoid stunlocking.

Quae?  Is 'stunlocking' the thing where sims with free will on end up standing around stupidly doing nothing?

An autonomy tweak would be nice.  Would this potentially conflict with dizzy's autonomy thingie?

Ste

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 07, 19:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be Farmer - is this mode visible with no plants or does there need to be a token plant? I hoped I could make my servos be servos without having to have a full garden. What happens to their aspiration if they don't have any social contact? I haven't had a servo since they first came out and can't remember the details too well, but I'm sure they have social needs.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 07, 20:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Typically a permaplat servo is best, that way they can work on things without much concern to that. They have a social need, but that can easily be filled. If you have a garden, they can just talk to the plants as well.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: