More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 03:19:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Possible to make sims use the high chair more/exclusively?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Possible to make sims use the high chair more/exclusively?  (Read 6826 times)
amileegirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Possible to make sims use the high chair more/exclusively?
« on: 2007 March 04, 11:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one thing that has plagued me.  I can't stand the bottles in the game, but if I put a high chair in the sims2 rarely put them in it to feed and instead opt for the bottle.    If it were up to me, I'd dispense with the smart milk bottles too and go with a smart sippy cup or smart nursing.

I have Squinge's nursing mod and I love it, but it isn't set for toddlers unfortunately.  If I can't let the toddlers be nursed,  is there a mod out there that strongly encourages (read: force)  the sims to use and prefer the high chair when one is present?   

I've searched but haven't come across anything so far, though I could be just using the wrong search terms.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Possible to make sims use the high chair more/exclusively?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 04, 11:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nobody here has an interest in that. High chairs add an additional extra handshaking process to the food-to-toddler pipeline, and are deemed by those of us who are Awesome as more trouble than they're worth. I've never, ever used one.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Possible to make Sims use the high chair more/exclusively?
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 04, 12:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Pes.

But if you really want to stop the Sims from giving bottles to their tots, you can do so with Smart Fridge by Christianlov, available at MTS2. You can turn off the bottle menu so that Sims cannot get one autonomously. That also means no bottles for babies either, but you can use the breast feeding mod so that infants still get fed, or you can change the menu briefly to grab a bottle, then put it back so that Sims can't get them on their own.

Conversely, you can turn off the food menu and make the fridge serve only baby food and bottles. This makes it a nice nursery fridge because it stops Sims trying to prepare food in the nursery.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
amileegirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 04, 13:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A solution is a solution!  I'll keep my eye out for something more global, but as long as I can stop the bottles, I'll go the fridge route.   Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 04, 14:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or if the bottle spam is just annoying, get No Baby Harassment and use the Baby Controller to regulate with precision when the babies will be fed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 04, 18:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one thing that has plagued me.  I can't stand the bottles in the game, but if I put a high chair in the sims2 rarely put them in it to feed and instead opt for the bottle.    If it were up to me, I'd dispense with the smart milk bottles too and go with a smart sippy cup or smart nursing.

I have Squinge's nursing mod and I love it, but it isn't set for toddlers unfortunately.  If I can't let the toddlers be nursed,  is there a mod out there that strongly encourages (read: force)  the sims to use and prefer the high chair when one is present?   

I've searched but haven't come across anything so far, though I could be just using the wrong search terms.
  I saw that mod..its kind of weird.. the guy or gal starts gliding from foot to foot with a dazed look on their face. Too bad he couldnt have put a blanket over the baby's head  because the animation is weird.

Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 05, 13:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or if the bottle spam is just annoying, get No Baby Harassment and use the Baby Controller to regulate with precision when the babies will be fed.
I do have those, but the mom won't stop getting bottles out of the fridge for her toddler.  I have all EPs through Pets, but not Seasons, and I always check the Director's Cut for updates (at least I hope I have).
LIUBluejeans
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 05, 14:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have self-sufficient toddlers.

I use the Bottomless Bottle (sorry...forgot who made it).  It cleans up expired bottles that are left laying around and the toddler can use it at will. 

I potty train them right off so they can potty as the desire hits,

I use the floor blanket mod so that they can put themselves to bed and get themselves up,

Then I set them up with skilling toys and they are completely self-sufficient until childhood.  It's a breeze!
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 06, 11:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have those, but the mom won't stop getting bottles out of the fridge for her toddler.  I have all EPs through Pets, but not Seasons, and I always check the Director's Cut for updates (at least I hope I have).

Have you turned on the baby controller?  I guess the other thing to do would be to turn off free will.
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 06, 15:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have self-sufficient toddlers.

I use the Bottomless Bottle (sorry...forgot who made it).  It cleans up expired bottles that are left laying around and the toddler can use it at will. 

I potty train them right off so they can potty as the desire hits,

I use the floor blanket mod so that they can put themselves to bed and get themselves up,

Then I set them up with skilling toys and they are completely self-sufficient until childhood.  It's a breeze!
Ingelogical has a bottomless bottle but I don't think it cleans up expired bottles.
I use pretty much the same set up with the addition of the baby controller set to ignore toddlers as it doesn't make use of the toddler blanket.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 06, 17:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I've seen high chairs autonomously used is when a toddler asks to be fed with fairy low hunger motive.

If the infant is in a distracted state with low motives, the high chair is usually a good move to clean up the situation.

For everything else, there's get bottle for...
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 06, 18:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have a particularly stupid nanny, she'll put the toddler in the high chair, get a bottle from the fridge, realise 'Gee, I can't feed this bottle to Little Jimmy when he's in the high chair - I'd better just set it on the floor' and leaving Little Jimmy in the high chair so he can't actually drink the thing. Rinse. Repeat until annoyed simmer makes stupid nanny selectable and directs the old bag to feed the toddler properly. Alas, family sims nearly always roll the want to buy one of the infernal contraptions as soon as their infants become toddlers. Roll Eyes

Edited for better phrasing (and then for better spelling). Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2007 March 07, 00:24:32 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 06, 22:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just because they have the want doesn't mean you have to give them one...
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 07, 00:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they really need the asp boost from the high chair, buy one and then stick it in their inventory.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: