More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:55:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd things I noticed about Seasons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd things I noticed about Seasons  (Read 128774 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Odd things I noticed about Seasons
« Reply #250 on: 2007 March 17, 10:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pet-to-human relations are highly asymmetric. You can get the "best friends" icon while the pet itself remains indifferent at best, as the pet-to-human and human-to-pet bits are not symmetrical like the best friend bits are.

That would explain things LOL.  In any case, after reading through alot of the rtfm's for all the MATY mods available, i've come to the conclusion there is no reason why I shouldn't just dump the whole collection into my mods folder.  I used to run with only about 1/3 of the mods thinking that alot of the others were borderline cheating, but I see now it's really all just game fixes/game improvements.  It also makes updating of the mods much easier. I can just download the full seasons pack and dump it into the mods folder.
You can do this with a Director's Cut, but don't mix two different ones. If you want to use both FFS and Jeffistani hacks, you'll have to either pick one set to be dominant and handsort the other, or handsort them both.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 17, 10:11:20 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2007 March 17, 19:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only jeffistani I use are the low food warnings, school hacks and the lazy anims. So I would guess i'm fine. Smiley  Is there any difference between the two files in the seasons directory named "moreawesomethanyou-seasons.zip" and "moreawesomethanyou.zip" ? And it is safe to just dump the whole thing into my game? (I do make note of possible conflicts with the few other mods I run though and have already removed 1 or 2 packages from my game)  Your set always has and probably always will be the dominant set Smiley

One other question.  I've been able to pretty much tell by the filename what all the mods do, but one in particular I can't "rpshack.package"  what does this one do?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2007 March 17, 20:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One other question.  I've been able to pretty much tell by the filename what all the mods do, but one in particular I can't "rpshack.package"  what does this one do?

rpshack = suppresses playing of Rock, Paper, Scissors, not to mention makes it a game that you can win. Friends and serious sims no longer destroy relationships playing it.
kimmyfrmtx
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2007 March 17, 21:20:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is odd to me, don't know if this a Season thing but first time I have seen it.

1 lot in the middle of the neighborhood, no lots around it at all, no neighbors, no playable lots at all (new neighborhood using the Awesome method of neighborhood building)

There is a green fog with flies in the corner across the street it appears to be outside the playable lot.

I have done the "clean" command, I have burninated all the blocks along the edge of the lot but nothing gets burninated.

I moved the lot to another empty street, it is still there. It almost seems like I dropped the lot on a trashpile and now it is stuck to the bottom of the lot.

Anyone got an idea how to scrape it off?

STFU already NoobTard, you are disturbing my lurking.

Then and than are different words with different meanings; look up the correct usage.  I am running out of furniture polish.  [slams head on desk]
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2007 March 19, 15:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that green fog too! Directly in the corner of the lot, like the lot angles point at it. I tried to burninate it myself, but it's outside the lot. I know in TS1 there was a cheat to extend the lot, like you could build across the street. Is there one in TS2? I bet we need to do that one and then burninate the damn thing.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2007 March 19, 17:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the green stink cloud in the corner of a couple of my lots turn into sleeping "z"s. I saw it out of the corner of my eye and thought maybe a pet got stuck way out there or something, but it was just a snoozy cloud of funk.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2007 March 19, 17:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, what if it is a pet? A dead stinky carcass pet... cool.
I've had stuck animations in corners. That frat house comes to mind, every time someone showers in the upper bathroom there are bubbles across the street. On my old computer and this one. I used to think it was my video card, but this is a different brand and it's still there. I don't think this is the same thing though, I scanned my entire lot for plates and garbage.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2007 March 19, 17:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only jeffistani I use are the low food warnings, school hacks and the lazy anims. So I would guess i'm fine. Smiley  Is there any difference between the two files in the seasons directory named "moreawesomethanyou-seasons.zip" and "moreawesomethanyou.zip" ?
Same file, they're actually just symlinked to each other for easier handling when ftping.

And it is safe to just dump the whole thing into my game? (I do make note of possible conflicts with the few other mods I run though and have already removed 1 or 2 packages from my game)  Your set always has and probably always will be the dominant set Smiley
Yup. The entire thing can be treated as a single item, "Awesome Mod", which means you're essentially playing the same game I am, minus a few obscure shinies and test items not yet complete.

Makes Rock Paper Scissors less destructive and more want-satisfying, so sims can win games playing it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2007 March 21, 17:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not necessarily an 'odd' thing, but I did discover last night that the fireplaces are finally good for something.  Had a uni sim build a snowman, and since her personal temp was -85, sent her into the dorm on a lark to light the fire place and 'warm up.'  And she did, rather quickly.  Seems like there's finally a reason for the 'warm up' interaction other than to have a cute animation -- probably a left over from when they were going to have weather in the game originally, but didn't include it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2007 March 21, 17:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, it's still pretty useless. See, -85 means you've hit cold cap anyway. Plus you're inside now and can't freeze. So it's not important what temperature the sim is at anymore, and since -85 is capped anyway, you can just ignore it. The entire heat/cold thing is basically largely ignoreable unless |outside temperature| >= 70

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2007 March 21, 18:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how can a sim freeze then?  Outside temp was -90, and she wasn't finished with the snowman, so I sent her in to warm up quickly so she could go out and finish it before bed.  I guess I'm confused about the freezing thing.

OTOH, there was an odd thing I saw -- a ghost dormie was leaving tracks in the snow as he floated around outside.  Tongue

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2007 March 21, 21:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not necessarily an 'odd' thing, but I did discover last night that the fireplaces are finally good for something.  Had a uni sim build a snowman, and since her personal temp was -85, sent her into the dorm on a lark to light the fire place and 'warm up.'  And she did, rather quickly.  Seems like there's finally a reason for the 'warm up' interaction other than to have a cute animation -- probably a left over from when they were going to have weather in the game originally, but didn't include it.

I discovered this by accident right out of the gate, because I felt like playing a house with a little fireplace. I never use anything but the fireplace. And in the summer I send them to the sink to take a drink to cool off. Seems like both of those things are the most efficiency with the least rigmarole. I don't fuss with the cocoa or anything, except on occasion. I assumed this was a known fact or something.

There should be a thread on this in the war room-most efficient heating and cooling.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2007 March 22, 02:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There should be a thread on this in the war room-most efficient heating and cooling.
Well, if you're running all the awesome things. the fastest heating and cooling, as discovered by Sim-Brynne, are being on fire and peeing your pants, respectively.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2007 March 22, 04:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously? Peeing?

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2007 March 22, 04:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously? Peeing?
Well, that seems to be what Sim-Brynne is demonstrating. No other activity seems to freeze them quite as quickly.

wyntir
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2007 March 23, 21:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one isn't a bug, but I thought it was interesting:  I put a roller skating rink in the yard of one of my houses and sent a kid out to skate.  He was out there for hours, but I didn't think anything of it until a message popped up indicating that the kid was getting too hot, and if I didn't cool him down, I might get a visit from the social worker.  So can we gather from this that exercise causes Sims' body temperature to go up?  It was springtime on this lot when it happened, so I wasn't expecting any heat-related problems.

That's funny that you should mention that.  One of my sim kids decided to go to the ever popular jumping on the bed for hours (shouldn't the springs break at some point?) - ANYway... I also got the message stating the my sim kid was over heated...

Oh well.

Wyn
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2007 March 23, 22:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard that kids can break the bed from jumping on it, but I've never seen it.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2007 March 24, 13:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed two odd things about Seasons today.

Fishing unsticks smart milk.  To be more accurate, the smart milk becomes unstuck when the sim stops fishing.  I would have thought you'd have to be dumbed down to stick a fishing rod up your butt, but no it's the other way round.  It's the sim placing the fishing rod in that location that apparently causes them to lose intelligence.  Maybe sims brains are in their butts Wink 

I'd noticed simkids were less intelligent after fishing, so I sent a supernuked child fishing (after she'd finished almost maxing out her skills) and tested her IQ.  She stayed supernuked until the moment I cancelled the fishing command.  Once she'd stopped fishing her IQ dropped to 100.  So now I know not to send the kids fishing until they're one cleaning skill point away from maxed out skills.

The other oddity I noticed was to do with the skating rink.  Earlier, I had the same simkid training her body on the skating rink as watching her read from the education bookcase wasn't that interesting.  She was overheating, suggesting that it was exercise, but her fitness level wasn't rising.  I was hoping that since they do get hot while skating that it was enough of a workout to nudge her fitness level at least slightly.  Sadly, no.  I'll have to make her work out on the exercise machine when she's older to get her fit.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2007 March 24, 17:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... I'm positive that I've had Sims gain skill points from the skating rink. And Prima says that they're supposed to. So you get skills, but no fitness increase?  Roll Eyes

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2007 March 24, 17:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, so the athlete career reward is the only object that children can use to gain both body and fitness?
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2007 March 24, 18:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, so the athlete career reward is the only object that children can use to gain both body and fitness?

They gain them from swimming also.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2007 March 24, 18:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the bowling alley increase fitness as well as giving body points? And the army career reward is the best I believe in kids getting body points, but I never notice if their fitness levels change.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2007 March 24, 19:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Army reward will raise fitness, but not very much.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2007 March 25, 08:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bowling alley doesn't increase fitness, but if you have active kids (especially active kids who are "stuck" on smart milk!) it's a *great* way to rack up the body points - then when they're old enough, a couple hours of yoga will usually Fit 'em right up.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Malifecent
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2007 March 25, 18:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a weird thing happen the other day. My Plant Sim had asked the Garden club to come over to inspect her garden. She also had a couple of visitors on the lot at the time too. All of a sudden, everyone on the lot froze, but the time kept ticking. Not sure if this has been mentioned or not before.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: