More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 11:37:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  This new furious state
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This new furious state  (Read 42946 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: This new furious state
« Reply #75 on: 2005 October 01, 02:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something really entertaining about the new furious state.

Have a vampire piss off another vampire, make them furious and enemies.

Then you get to see the enemy vampire show up 5 or 6 times during the day, sneak over to the trash can, paper, etc, burning with the sun, and scream "AHHH THE SUN!!" and run away.

That is an ANGRY vampire to come cross town during the day to steal your newspaper.

This happened to Lilith Dreamer and will no doubt happen to Don Lothario next time I play his lot as both of them had fights with the Count and ended-up -100/-100 (in Don's case, they're enemiies).  What is odd is that the Count didn't bother trying to steal her newspaper during the night, whereas other Sims do. 

Lilith is a pain sometimes.  I really like her and will be sorry when she goes (she only has 3 or 4 days left, she's due to die at the age of 82) but she will insist on rubbing people up the wrong way.  One of her turn-ons is vampirism (I bet that was pre-arranged) and she fancied the Count, but insisted on picking arguments with him.  In fact, she does it with every man she fancies.  Maybe she thinks it'll turn them on or something.  She fancies Don too, but all she wants to do is argue with him.  So far she hasn't been able to get his attention, or all hell is likely to break loose.  The fight would probably last 24 hours because they're the two fittest and strongest Sims in my neighbourhood, as well as the two oldest.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 October 01, 05:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lilith is a pain sometimes.  I really like her and will be sorry when she goes (she only has 3 or 4 days left, she's due to die at the age of 82) but she will insist on rubbing people up the wrong way.  One of her turn-ons is vampirism (I bet that was pre-arranged) and she fancied the Count, but insisted on picking arguments with him.  In fact, she does it with every man she fancies.  Maybe she thinks it'll turn them on or something.  She fancies Don too, but all she wants to do is argue with him.  So far she hasn't been able to get his attention, or all hell is likely to break loose.  The fight would probably last 24 hours because they're the two fittest and strongest Sims in my neighbourhood, as well as the two oldest.
Isn't that the inherent nature of Lilth? Lilith is a bitch, that's why we all think she's hilarious.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 October 01, 06:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure to turn her into a zombie when she dies.

I hate parting with any sim forever, so I condemn most of them to a souless life walking the earth pleading for death.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 October 01, 07:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing Ive never understood is why the sim who catches their love cheating is the one who has to apologise!

This seems to have changed somehow - Ryan caught his wife Kim woohooing another sim in his truck on a community lot.  When I went back to their house, he was of course furious, and wanted to beat her in a fight.  She wasn't mad at him at all, but had the option to apologise.  I didn't use it though - I let him fight her (he won) and they have since divorced. 
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 October 01, 17:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not seen the backwards furious for cheating at all. I have been tormenting a homeless woman by rewooing her every 3 days then letting her catch me cheating. Every time she has become furious with the cheater not the other way around. I have gotten the "fight" option each time though. I only whooped her ass for being nosey a few times.

Webcest.
bubbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 October 01, 18:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wierdest thing I had happen was one of my romance sims was out on a date.  She was involved with one of my husband's sims, Human.  Human's son was at the lot.  He has never seem this sim with Human.  He was furious everytime she kissed her date.  By the end of the date, they were enemies.  I am waiting to see what happens when my husband plays Human's house.  Will his son tell his dad that one of his lovers was cheating? 

I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.
Vesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 October 01, 18:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This furious state is wild - It really kicks the game into high gear.  I've had lots of different episodes of angry sims, YA's at college in fist fights; townies in fist fights, over what, I don't know; siblings mad at each other; dates gone bad because some other prior date showed up and the slapping started so I had to buy them off just to have peace the rest of the night.  Yeash!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 October 01, 20:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was an interesting and entertaining thread. I think I will like the 'furious' state, and as soon as JM has had a chance to fix the romance weirdness, it should be quite entertaining. Even for me, because usually nothing really interesting ever happens in my game. I usually envy Ancient, Brynne et al for their wonderful entertaining playing episodes. I don't have the game yet, but it sounds like the pixel people have acquired more human tendencies.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 October 01, 20:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And what is up with Bob catching Betty cheating with Joe...he walks up..smacks Betty around and is pissed at Joe as well..however the whole time Joe stands there and smiles..hell he might even wave at Bob...you were getting cheated on too dumbass.  I know I'd be wondering if my man had random women running up to him smacking him whenever I kissed him in public.

They will wave! Bradley was busted by his wife, Dayna, for cheating. He was caught in the act, woohooing Monica (damn telepathy again. Dayna had no clue that they were all over each other in that room for quite some time, but as soon as they hit the sheets, she "knew"). Dayna burst into the room to slap Bradley, who was quickly getting out of bed. He slapped her back, then waved at her, turned to Monica and waved at her, as well. They both waved back. That was ridiculous. I'm looking for some drama, here!

And I'm going to complain once more about the constant ugly furious faces the sims make, now. Joe just got married for the third time, and shutterbug that I am, I had to take a full wedding album. I don't normally use the camera, I prefer to pose them myself so it looks more natural. But it seemed that there was always at least one sim in the picture wringing their hands or clenching their fists.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 October 01, 21:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my Sim dating one playable character downtown and didn't notice an old flame of her date was on the lot.  Big time slap-fest, but my Sim wasn't furious at the other girl.

I spent some time getting their relationship up and currently they're at 100 daily and almost 30 lifetime.  The other Sim is still furious at my Sim, and checking with Merola's mind control mirror shows it still has about 1/3 of the time to go.  But I'll bet I can get them to best friend status while she's still furious!

Hint:  try using Cool Shades the first time you have your Sim apologize.  It gives a huge relationship bonus.  Subsequent uses of apologize, with or without Cool Shades give much less.  I didn't do this with my Sim, but I set up a test case to see what would happen and it was dramatic.

Oddly enough, the Mirror showed both my Sim and the other girl having the option to apologize. 

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
mmmyrs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 October 01, 22:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grr! My son made his own sim and flirted with a sim girl that was 3 days pregnant! I was so mad at him, and of course the husband was part of the "welcome wagon". LOL, he is still furious with her to this day!

Don't be open-minded, your brains might fall out!
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 October 02, 09:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to install no jealousy mostly due to the fact that Don insists on bringing Cassie,Dina,and Nina on all his outings plus a few other girls.  I control some of the rages by maxing everyone's interests--a lot of the fights are due to the fact that they don't agree on something.  I always thought that that was stupid--any normal person can talk to someone about something they aren't interested in.  I still have a lot of fights but it is usually due to pranks or someone trying to hug someone too early in the relationship.  These new emotions have really changed storylines.  When I finally got to the Pleasant's house, the parents were they only ones not in fury with each other.  Lilith went around fighting with everyone till she was -100/-100 with everyone.  She ranaway and when she came back I had to send everyone to their separate corners to study.  I would build the relationship up to 100 then someone would slap the other then it would go down again.  When it got time for the maid to stay,I wouldn't dare cause she and Daniel were in rage with each other cause Daniel kissed Mary Sue.  If I was a new player I would think Maxis was crazy because the stories  no longer matched the situations.  Going into the Goth house,  Cassie immediately attacked Don and they had already atomymously(Huh)broken up before I ever played them. 
Melanija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 October 02, 16:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an interesting experience with the Pleasants and their furiousness. Mary-Sue caught Daniel making out with the maid (surprise, surprise) and became furious with them. She proceded to slap Daniel, thus making him furious with her, and all was as it should be. Then the next day Mary-Sue came home from work while the two lovers were woohooing in bed, but she didn't seem to notice. I thought that maybe they had changed it in NL so that sims couldn't automatically tell whenever anyone was going at it on a lot, so I had her walk into the room while they were making out and still nothing. It was like once she was furious at her husband she didn't care enough about him (both scores were in the negative) to give a darn whether or not he went around sleeping with other people. Seemed kind of weird to me, but I had them break up just the same. Tongue
anyeone
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2005 October 02, 16:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the new furious state except for one thing - the relationships improve way too fast.

I had two Sims become enemies (deliberately) after they got into a knock-down, drag out fist fight.

Their relationship got to -98/-98.  The next day, James wanted to apologize, but I never got him and the other Sim together - they had no interaction.  Within three Sim days *both* numbers were back in the positive!

I think an enemy should remain an enemy for a lot longer, unless some positive relationship-repair is undertaken.

I'm not megalomaniacal, I just play that way.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 October 03, 00:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing Ive never understood is why the sim who catches their love cheating is the one who has to apologise!

This seems to have changed somehow - Ryan caught his wife Kim woohooing another sim in his truck on a community lot.  When I went back to their house, he was of course furious, and wanted to beat her in a fight.  She wasn't mad at him at all, but had the option to apologise.  I didn't use it though - I let him fight her (he won) and they have since divorced. 

Yup I noticed as well that this has seemingly changed in NL.  That's a plus.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 October 03, 06:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an interesting experience with the Pleasants and their furiousness. Mary-Sue caught Daniel making out with the maid (surprise, surprise) and became furious with them. She proceded to slap Daniel, thus making him furious with her, and all was as it should be. Then the next day Mary-Sue came home from work while the two lovers were woohooing in bed, but she didn't seem to notice. I thought that maybe they had changed it in NL so that sims couldn't automatically tell whenever anyone was going at it on a lot, so I had her walk into the room while they were making out and still nothing. It was like once she was furious at her husband she didn't care enough about him (both scores were in the negative) to give a darn whether or not he went around sleeping with other people. Seemed kind of weird to me, but I had them break up just the same. Tongue

This has been bugging me too. I had a situation where a wife flirted with another sim right in front of her husband and his family. The husband did the usual slappity-slap, the pink heart disappeared from his relationship status with her in the panel, and he immediately didn't seem to mind her continued romantic advances against the other sim. The rest of the family did mind, appropriately, although they would always make the sounds of approval directly after having a fit. I don't get that.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2005 October 04, 06:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere that once the relationship is trashed, they don't bother anymore.  Heather Huffington's ex-husband took to appearing everywhere whenever she had a date.  He would stand next to her and dance, grinning nauseatingly at her, or sit next to her at the dinner table, but he never batted an eyelid if anything romantic was occurring.  Once he lost his furiousness, he stopped appearing.  That's when his brother took over in an attempt to turn his relationship around because he fancies Heather like crazy, but I've already been into that one.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MistressBoleyn
Asinine Airhead

la reine sans tete

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2005 October 04, 14:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm of two minds on the furious thing.... sometimes it works out to an advantage, and it certainly spices things up.  But it goes way overboard, is inconsistent and produces some really strange behavior.  I'm to the point where I'm exceedingly annoyed with it.

Has anyone else noticed the "furious" sims coming over to the other sims house (the one they're furious with) uninvited, just walk in the house and stay.  Literally for hours and hours.  The other sim doesn't even have to be home.

When I first installed NL, Ajay Loner and Countess V had a nice friendship thing going on. Just a good ol' 100/100 relationship.   Nothing romantic on his part, no hearts, no flirting, etc.  Somehow the Countess ended up with a crush on him, even though there had been no flirting.  Naturally, she shows up while he's on a date with his current love, a townie named Felicia.  Countess rushes over and slaps the snot out of him.  Felicia is then mad at him now, too, for unexplicable reasons.  At that point Ajay bailed, since the date was about to end anyway.

Over the next three sim days the Countess would come by during the day and steal the paper or kick over the trash can, pull the "Ahhh, the sun, I must flee!" bit and leave.  As soon as the sun went down (and Ajay went to work) she'd show up at his house, just stroll on inside and plonk herself down on the couch.  Over the next 6 to 8 hours she'd just sit there with the burnination picture of Ajay popping up in her thought bubble.  What really made it interesting is that after the first day of this Felicia started showing up and doing the same damn thing.  Ajay would leave for work and the two women would show up, sit down on his couch and each one would sit there stewing with multiple burnination Ajay piccies in their thought bubbles.  Oddly enough, they never, ever conversed with one another- they'd just sit there next to each other for hours on end stewing and wouldn't leave until Ajay got home from work and asked them to.

Eventually he was able to get both relationships back on track, but not without a lot of work on my part.  And these were fortune sims!  I'm afraid to play any of the romance aspirations at this point- the offended sim may just show up at their house and *never* leave.

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 October 04, 17:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also noticed a weird one, was furious but that has died off, one of my sims saw two teen sims (not related unless its an aunt or uncle, but not sure on that one) and got mad (-points mad) at both of them, not sure why. very crumplebottom like, but with no purse slapping. Just thought it was odd. the kids were just eating dinner and holding hands and stuff.

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005 October 04, 19:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm of two minds on the furious thing.... sometimes it works out to an advantage, and it certainly spices things up.  But it goes way overboard, is inconsistent and produces some really strange behavior.  I'm to the point where I'm exceedingly annoyed with it.

Has anyone else noticed the "furious" sims coming over to the other sims house (the one they're furious with) uninvited, just walk in the house and stay.  Literally for hours and hours.  The other sim doesn't even have to be home.

When I first installed NL, Ajay Loner and Countess V had a nice friendship thing going on. Just a good ol' 100/100 relationship.   Nothing romantic on his part, no hearts, no flirting, etc.  Somehow the Countess ended up with a crush on him, even though there had been no flirting.  Naturally, she shows up while he's on a date with his current love, a townie named Felicia.  Countess rushes over and slaps the snot out of him.  Felicia is then mad at him now, too, for unexplicable reasons.  At that point Ajay bailed, since the date was about to end anyway.

Over the next three sim days the Countess would come by during the day and steal the paper or kick over the trash can, pull the "Ahhh, the sun, I must flee!" bit and leave.  As soon as the sun went down (and Ajay went to work) she'd show up at his house, just stroll on inside and plonk herself down on the couch.  Over the next 6 to 8 hours she'd just sit there with the burnination picture of Ajay popping up in her thought bubble.  What really made it interesting is that after the first day of this Felicia started showing up and doing the same damn thing.  Ajay would leave for work and the two women would show up, sit down on his couch and each one would sit there stewing with multiple burnination Ajay piccies in their thought bubbles.  Oddly enough, they never, ever conversed with one another- they'd just sit there next to each other for hours on end stewing and wouldn't leave until Ajay got home from work and asked them to.

Eventually he was able to get both relationships back on track, but not without a lot of work on my part.  And these were fortune sims!  I'm afraid to play any of the romance aspirations at this point- the offended sim may just show up at their house and *never* leave.

I haven't seen the just come over and hang out behavior at all, and my game is a cesspool where I can't think of any sim that isn't furious with at least 3 other sims at the moment.

The crush thing is probably the bug mentioned in the patch thread. Some actions cause crushes to form for no reason. Supposed to be fixed with the patch.

Webcest.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 October 04, 19:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Sims who barge right in without knocking, with or without the furious state. If I recall correctly, it's a "feature" of Sims with really high outgoing points. They don't stew for hours on the couch waiting to kick someone's ass, but they will just help themselves to the entertainment and food.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005 October 05, 00:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing the big house downtown, and it's fenced in. Daniel Pleasant was always on my lot. My sims would ask him to leave, and he'd come right back a couple of hours later. I'd zap him with the teleporter shrub, and he'd come back again. And again and again and again.  Inge's 4-key locking gates to the rescue! It's still annoying, though, because I always have one or two sims idling outside the gate. They leave when they reach bladder failure, but always come back, at all hours of the night. Many times I won't even know they're there until the message pops up that says "Look at the time!". Kind of creepy the way they're stalking my sims. 
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 October 05, 02:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne. One word that will solve all your problems.

Murder.

Webcest.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2005 October 05, 11:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne. One word that will solve all your problems.

Murder.

Graveyard.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2005 October 05, 12:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or I guess you could always just put him in a pit and every day move a plate of food down there for him to eat. If he wants to hang out at your place let him hang out in a hole with no toilet on the brink of starving forever.

Webcest.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: