More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:03:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Flashing Neighborhood Screen In Pets
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flashing Neighborhood Screen In Pets  (Read 3056 times)
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Flashing Neighborhood Screen In Pets
« on: 2007 February 13, 07:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok since Im very NOT awesome I thought I would ask this question.

I got Pets quite a while back but did not install it.  I took my time and researched all my Hacks and got all the available ones I use for Pets.  Most of them from here.

I carefully made a backup of my current folder.

I currently have all the expansion and Glamour.

I took my download folder out of the folder and installed the Pets Expansion.  I followed that with the patch.  I then installed the downloads folder and started Pets.

I got to the screen about custom content said yes and proceeded to the Pleasantview neighborhood screen.  It loaded along with creating pets.

The neighborhood screen showed up and I exited and then reloaded.

I played one of my houses which seemed to be fine and I even created some pets and adopted one.

I then exited to the neighborhood screen.

I selected the Caliente house which I had never played before.  I noticed the red headed ones wants were not filled out.  I tried using the ffsdebugger to reroll her wants.  It rerolled but did not fill them all out.  I then tried the ffsdebugger to force and error on in-world.  Nothing happened.  I deleted the red headed caliente but she didnt reappear. 

I exited the lot without saving and thats when the neighborhood screen showed up flashing off and on.  I could run my mouse over it and the labels of the houses would appear but thats all.

I then proceeded to try a number of options like exiting and reloading, removing the hacks folder, finally uninstalled pets and did a reinstall following all the procedures.

Nothing works.  The Neighborhood screen continues to show up and flashes.  I do get the control to put houses and people and I can reach house by sliding my mouse around until the label of the house shows up but its horrible.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks for your help.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Flashing Neighborhood Screen In Pets
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 13, 08:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what's wrong with your neighborhood screen, but when you delete a Sim to try to fix them, they don't just come back.  You have to Save, quit the house, and come back.  Then they'll be standing by the mailbox fully refreshed.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 13, 10:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got red flashing neighborhoods after installing the Pets patch. What I did was first tried removing the downloads, then regenerating the neighborhoods, then re-extracting the neighborhoods from disc 4 of my TS2 discs (in case they were corrupted), then I finally uninstalled Pets, which fixed the problem. I reinstalled Pets, but not the patch, and I haven't had the problem again. I know that doesn't tell you why it happened (especially since you're the only other person I've heard of having a problem similar to mine), but I hope it helps.

It occurs to me, I had just done a full reinstall, so I installed Pets and the patch without playing between. Maybe somehow the patch messes up the initial loading of the Pets "subhood"?

ETA: Nevermind, you actually played a few houses before you started getting the flashing neighborhood, I got it immediately on loading, so I'm not sure what happened....

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 13, 10:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had almost the exact same problems as you. I finally started a new hood with out terrain paints and i rolled back my Nvidia drivers to version 77 (?) or so.... Went through my CC and took out any files that didn't make sense. I found a bed file that was 35mb's. I didn't use any lots that were created before GLS or OFB... I think over time just bad CC creeps in and enough of it causes the graphics problems.

If you can ever see the hood properly again, carefully look at the lots from the hood view and see if you can see any flashing blue things on a lot... like trees or benches, etc...

Hope this helps and good luck  Wink
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 22, 13:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well for anyone who may be interested I fixed the problem.

I remembered I had the camera mod installed just on the neighborhood screen.  I removed it.

Also I had that program that installs stairs, fireplaces, etc.

I removed that.

Seems to have fixed the problem.  The neighborhood screen shows just fine now and pets is working fine.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: