More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 05:37:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Magic Number?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Magic Number?  (Read 2740 times)
daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Magic Number?
« on: 2006 December 29, 00:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering, with all expansion packs installed, has the number of character files that you can have before your neighborhood explodes increased? It would seem natural for them to increase it with pets, because I can't imagine that pets don't count, but logic has eluded the programmers before.  What currently is the maximum safe population for a neighborhood?
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Magic Number?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 29, 00:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this would only make sence if the exploding was st. programed in on purpose...
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 29, 01:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is around 65K now, but because of the brokenness of game code like "set to next" problems may arise earlier.

FWIW I have a 'hood with almost 1500 character files which plays normally.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 29, 02:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is around 65K now, but because of the brokenness of game code like "set to next" problems may arise earlier.

FWIW I have a 'hood with almost 1500 character files which plays normally.

hmm I always wondered what  the magic number of files was.is this just sim and pet files or all files in the game itself?

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 29, 03:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this would only make sence if the exploding was st. programed in on purpose...

Well, I think it's more that when they realized that the number of character files was causing certain uni bugs, they "fixed" it by making the game able to handle more files before these problems occurred.  There was some kind of reason they couldn't just remove whatever causes it, but they upped the limit with the uni patch and I assume they have continued to do so as they have released expansion packs that added character files.  But you know how it goes when you assume things.

I believe it was just number of character files, which includes all dead sims and all sims in the family trees of maxis made sims.  And I kinda assume pets are going to be included.  I'm well under 1500 at the moment, so I won't worry yet.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: