More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 08:26:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  side-effect of pets
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: side-effect of pets  (Read 11800 times)
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
side-effect of pets
« on: 2006 December 10, 16:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep wanting to click on my sims when they do something smart or stupid again and praise or scold them Cheesy
Like praise for actually using the toilet or scold for yelling at me without a reason for the millionth time.

If only you could train your sims as you can train their pets Wink
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: side-effect of pets
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 10, 17:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually believe that there is a way to train Sims, but it's to a much smaller degree than pets. If I remember correctly, you can teach them to put their homework on a desk when they come home, or something. Thankfully we don't have to housebreak Sims, well, most of the time.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 10, 19:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims put their homework on the One Desk if there is nothing on it.  No training involved.
There are mods for assignable desks and such, but there is no sim intelligence involved.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 10, 19:59:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh. I remember hearing a long while ago that Angela Pleasant put her homework on her desk on her own, or something. I also remember someone making another Sim do this as well, but I don't know if that was true or not. At any rate, I know the One Desk would make the whole process much easier.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 11, 01:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dizzy has a hack where Sims will go to their bedroom with their homework, and use the closest surface to that. So that usually means the bedroom desk (as long as one tile right and one tile behind is free of course). Still WFM in Pets.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 11, 03:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with that is that the bedroom is usually a very LONG way away from the front door and since they *WALK* there, it would take HOURS to get there. This is bad, and The One Desk is definitely a better, more manageable answer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 11, 05:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have and LOVE Dizzy's homework to bedroom mod, if there isnt a desk then the sim will drop it in their room, they will even choose an empty desk (usually theirs) if there is more than one in the same bedroom, couple that with do homework at 1900 by Monique and I am a happy camper. I dont care how long it takes them to go to their bedroom to drop it there, besides for teens, it stops them from doing something else annoying in the meantime since they usually have to go to work an hour after school. Drop homework on desk run to front door, kick the cheat a couple of times and viola there is the carpool - just in time!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 11, 06:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The homework trek is a major annoyance. I usually just have my sims do their homework on the front lawn.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 11, 09:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes: good point. Someone should look into the mod and see if they can be forced to run...
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 11, 14:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The homework trek is a major annoyance. I usually just have my sims do their homework on the front lawn.

Ditto -- if I catch them in time, I just queue up the macrotastics 'do homework' and cancel the school icon right after they get off the bus.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 11, 15:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims like to do their homework right inside the front door (or right outside on the porch) so the adults can't get out to go to work.  Sometimes I hate those little Maxis one door houses!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 11, 16:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes I hate those little Maxis one door houses!

First thing I do when a family gets pretty solvent is to find a place to put a second door, even if it's through a bedroom.  I don't like the idea of a single 'escape route' in RL, so I like my sims not to be stuck with one too.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 11, 17:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I just like the realism of the two mods. In my home, homework goes in the bedroom not on the front lawn or at the front door or anywhere else, and it is started at around 1900, after dinner and whatnot.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 11, 18:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess we all follow our RL routines. In this house, homework gets done immediately after school.

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 11, 19:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and if they don't finish it before the carpool arrives then they will have to be late for work.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 13, 12:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always have children do homework early the next morning - that way they get the want to do it, and go off to school in platinum.
Maxis coding means that kids will generally put homework on a desk if it's reasonably close, with two problems
1. All kids coming home at the same time try to use the same desk, leading to whining that they can't get at it.
2. They seem unable to tell that a desk is occupied, so will attempt to put homework on the computer desk.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 13, 12:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of desks.  I've noticed that only teens try to (and fail) to put their homework on the Glamour Life desk, while children completely ignores it and leave the homework on the front lawn.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 13, 16:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I am going to be the dork that asks. I searched here and at MTS2. What is this One Desk thou dost speak of?

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 13, 16:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis coding. The One Desk is the desk where any Sim wants to place his or her homework (and bills, and deliveries, and pizza). Once The One Desk has been decided, any other desks will be ignored until The One is sold, at which point another desk becomes The One.

Due to sadorandomness this will typically be the desk that is farthest from the mailbox, on the third floor.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 December 13, 16:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I have a greek house where everyone decided the One Desk was in a bedroom on the second floor, even though it has a computer on it. They'll walk right past the kitchen with empty counters to put the pizza they stole from campus on the desk.  I finally got them to stop by putting a lamp or plant in the empty area on the left side.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 December 13, 17:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jsalemi... it's the urele-oresha-cham, isn't it? I would bet....

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 December 13, 19:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The kids in all my families put their homework on the floor (my desks hold a computer and a phone).  Oddly, in some households they like to go upstairs and and drop it there.  Hard habit to break.
CrabOfDoom
Asinine Airhead

death by tray it shall be

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 December 13, 20:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read on some message board or other that The One Desk is the first desk that is placed on the lot, but there may or may not be any truth to it.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 December 13, 21:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My One Desk has always been the first desk I put on the lot.  I always make sure it's close to the front door and that there is no computer on it.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 December 13, 23:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jsalemi... it's the urele-oresha-cham, isn't it? I would bet....

You'd lose. Smiley  It's actually a new greek house I added -- I used the Brixham greek house from starling's Brixham collection over on MTS2.  I haven't felt like playing the maxis pre-mades in the existing greek houses, so they've lived in 'suspended animation' for a year now.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: