More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 22:32:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Wierd occurance during fulfillment of LTW
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wierd occurance during fulfillment of LTW  (Read 3845 times)
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Wierd occurance during fulfillment of LTW
« on: 2006 November 19, 02:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed the result of this occurance for some time, but just now saw what was happening.
   First off, i don't have Pets EP.
   A sim fulfills his LTW and he immediately loses all of his influence points.  It's not a big deal or anything, it's just wierd.
I took a series of 3 pics at my Yahoo photo album -  (Yahoo only accepts .jpg, i don't have a .gif service)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gayjohn104/album?.dir=/a5fcre2

There's an odd neg amount above the sim after his LTW is fulfilled.  He does get the asperation points.  I've just never noticed this until a few weeks ago, which could be about the time i installed OFB. 
   Is this a known bug/normal?  I'm not that worried about it, it's just 'strange'.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Wierd occurance during fulfillment of LTW
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 19, 04:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normal. It's a rollover bug from the 5x influence perk. When you fill an LTW, you get 10K Influence for it, but the 5x perk bloats that to 50K, which is far too much for a 16-bit signed int, so it overflows and becomes negative.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Wierd occurance during fulfillment of LTW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 19, 04:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normal. It's a rollover bug from the 5x influence perk. When you fill an LTW, you get 10K Influence for it, but the 5x perk bloats that to 50K, which is far too much for a 16-bit signed int, so it overflows and becomes negative.

I had a funny feeling afterwards that the 5X was the culprit.  As i was posting the pics, i noticed the 5X.  Later on i went and checked my most recently LTW'd sims and the evidence started adding up.  I do appreciate knowing for sure tho.   Smiley

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: